Ryan Gauld - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Gauld

Taylor1996

13 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Farense are awful.

They had less possession when Vitoria went down to 10 men than when Vitoria had 11 men.

The perpetual lack of possession, it makes Ryan Gaiud's goals and assists even more amazing. 

I'm not going to hold my breath, but you'd hope that since the training camp (and subsequent match) will be in Portugal, just down the road from where Gauld lives, he'd at least get a chance to join in training and advertise himself that way.

I understand not asking Morgan or Russell to fly across the atlantic if they have no chance of being in the final 26, but there is no excuse not to include Gauld. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I'm not going to hold my breath, but you'd hope that since the training camp (and subsequent match) will be in Portugal, just down the road from where Gauld lives, he'd at least get a chance to join in training and advertise himself that way.

I understand not asking Morgan or Russell to fly across the atlantic if they have no chance of being in the final 26, but there is no excuse not to include Gauld. 

Yeah, me, neither, to be honest. I think the squad is pretty much set in stone. The players that got us to Euro 2020 (Apart from Che Adams) will go.

If it wasn't for VAR last night, he would've has three assists.

Agreed. There's no reason.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Another goal for Gauld.

Won the penalty and took it. Should've scored another chance but skimmed the post.

Should've had two assists if the striker took either chance.

Will be interesting to see if he makes the squad on Wednesday. 

I think most of us want him in but I have a feeling Clarke won’t pick him. 

2 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

He has to be in the Portugal camp squad at least.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if both him and Gilmour are in the 26. Clarke is very dour so I doubt either will be.

Those 2 should definitely be but I suspect we'll get G.Shinnie and Fleck instead.

Gilmour, Gauld, Turnbull and N.Patterson should all make the final 26. If they don't atleast make the initial squad on Wednesday then someone has to have a word with Clarke.

2 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

He has to be in the Portugal camp squad at least.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if both him and Gilmour are in the 26. Clarke is very dour so I doubt either will be.

Yeah.

There's actually no reason anymore.

Contributing 16 goals now in 32 starts (for relegation fodder). He's the captain. Takes all the ser pieces. 

If Steve Clarke isn't aware of these numbers and facts then I'm probably correct about my guess that Clarke hibernate between Scotland matches.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah.

There's actually no reason anymore.

Contributing 16 goals now in 32 starts (for relegation fodder). He's the captain. Takes all the ser pieces. 

If Steve Clarke isn't aware of these numbers and facts then I'm probably correct about my guess that Clarke hibernate between Scotland matches.

You could have southgate as manager.  A guy who doesn't know how to get the best out of a multi talented group of players 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

He’s got to be named on Wednesday surely? If he isn’t serious questions need to be asked. 

Is it a provisional squad announced on Weds or the final 26 man squad? 

Edited by borojock

Just now, borojock said:

Is it a provisional squad announced on Weds or the final 26 man squad? 

It’s a provisional squad as Clarke doesn’t need to name his final 26 man squad until 1st of June but I have no idea how many he’ll name on Wednesday. 

If Gauld is named in a larger squad on Wednesday then it will be over to him to show Clarke he should make the final 26. 

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It’s a provisional squad as Clarke doesn’t need to name his final 26 man squad until 1st of June but I have no idea how many he’ll name on Wednesday. 

If Gauld is named in a larger squad on Wednesday then it will be over to him to show Clarke he should make the final 26. 

How can he do that? Friendlies bot until after 1 June. My understanding was that it was the final 26 man squad that gets picked on Wed. Alternatively does he pick say 30, go on training camp then reduce to 26 on 1 June? 

Edited by GHfaeGTA

1 hour ago, GHfaeGTA said:

How can he do that? Friendlies bot until after 1 June. My understanding was that it was the final 26 man squad that gets picked on Wed. Alternatively does he pick say 30, go on training camp then reduce to 26 on 1 June? 

How does he do that? How does any player force their way into their manager’s plans? He performs well in training, tries to impress Clarke with his attitude and takes any coaching on board.

It’s up to Clarke really. He can name a 26 man squad and hope that nobody gets injured between now and June or he can name a larger squad and and then cut it down to a final 26 in a couple of weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I'll wait till we hear the squad announcement before making a judgement. I suspect too much will be made about Gauld if he is not called up.

I'm not going to lose any sleep of he is or isn't called up.

5 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

If he’s not in the squad it’ll be interesting to hear the explanation for who is selected ahead of him. 

You could see Clarke claiming a tournament is no place for uncapped players or something and including Graeme Shinnie instead of Billy Gilmour which would be insanity. 

Gauld should probably make the squad but lets not try and pretend its a massive deal if he doesnt. hes not some world class talent and the portugeuse league is a long way short of the big 5 in terms of quality. if he moves to another club next season and continues his good form then he should defo start getting called up to squads.

26 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Gauld should probably make the squad but lets not try and pretend its a massive deal if he doesnt. hes not some world class talent and the portugeuse league is a long way short of the big 5 in terms of quality. if he moves to another club next season and continues his good form then he should defo start getting called up to squads.

Agreed. 

If Clarke doesn’t select Gauld it will be because he thinks there are better players available for the position he plays. That’s Clarke’s job. 

Lots of people would prefer Gauld to be picked but that doesn’t mean Clarke is wrong if he doesn’t pick him. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Agreed. 

If Clarke doesn’t select Gauld it will be because he thinks there are better players available for the position he plays. That’s Clarke’s job. 

Lots of people would prefer Gauld to be picked but that doesn’t mean Clarke is wrong if he doesn’t pick him. 

Just been named player of the month in the top league in Portugal. Obviously means he is bang in form and not sure many of our squad would get such an award if they were playing at that level, certainly based on their (lack of) form or inactivity due to injury in recent months 

Edited by GHfaeGTA

51 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Just been named player of the month in the top league in Portugal. Obviously means he is bang in form and not sure many of our squad would get such an award if they were playing at that level, certainly based on their (lack of) form or inactivity due to injury in recent months 

I would certainly have him in the squad but it’s not me that picks it. 

The Twitter post that suggests he wasn’t going to be selected is hardly confirmation anyway. Clarke might not even have decided on his provisional squad yet as he doesn’t announce it until tomorrow. 

We’ll find out in around 18 hours or so I guess.