Ryan Gauld - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Gauld

Taylor1996

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for a 'wow.' He was asked a few months ago at a press conference and he said he had a mate who had a place in Portugal who was always bending his ear about him. So he is not unaware. If he were to contact him what would you expect him to say and what would be the point? I'd like to see him involved but maybe his time will come if we have an indifferent Euro campaign.

15 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

No need for a 'wow.' He was asked a few months ago at a press conference and he said he had a mate who had a place in Portugal who was always bending his ear about him. So he is not unaware. If he were to contact him what would you expect him to say and what would be the point? I'd like to see him involved but maybe his time will come if we have an indifferent Euro campaign.

Steve Clarke could call Gauld and give him words of encouragement. I'm sure it would give him a boost and at least he'd know that he was being monitored.

Edited by Taylor1996

27 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Games 24 (As captain)

Goals 8

Assists 6

Motm 9 (2 of them were v Benfica & Braga)

(For a team that will probably get relegated)

That is impressive stats, and important stats. On who scored he is also ranked 9th best player in the league, playing for the team second bottom! Every other player in the top ten plays for either Benfica, Porto, Sporting or Braga

7 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

That is impressive stats, and important stats. On who scored he is also ranked 9th best player in the league, playing for the team second bottom! Every other player in the top ten plays for either Benfica, Porto, Sporting or Braga

9th? Impressive. 

It would be funny if Sporting Lisbon snapped him up... and actually played him this time.

There's no doubt that he could easily play for any of the four teams you mentioned. And with the possession those teams get, his goals and assists would probably double.

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

9th? Impressive. 

It would be funny if Sporting Lisbon snapped him up... and actually played him this time.

There's no doubt that he could easily play for any of the four teams you mentioned. And with the possession those teams get, his goals and assists would probably double.

It is a critical summer for him. If he joins the right club he could have a very successful career and set himself up for life. It should also finally open the door to his Scotland career. 

7 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-gaulds-magic-skills-indicate-23999638

Wow.

Apparently, Steve Clarke hasn't even contacted Ryan Gauld.

Having watched him several times this season, he'd not only be in my squad, but also my first XI.

I've been following him quite closely and, as big a fan of Clarke as I am, if he doesn't include this genuinely talented boy in our euros squad I will really start to doubt his competence!

13 minutes ago, todd said:

I've been following him quite closely and, as big a fan of Clarke as I am, if he doesn't include this genuinely talented boy in our euros squad I will really start to doubt his competence!

That's a bit melodramatic is it not?

3 hours ago, todd said:

Same.

And I couldn't agree more.

Not only should Gauld be in the squad, he should also be in the first XI.

This is 2021. We can watch matches from all over the globe. For Clarke to come out and say that his "Friend in Portugal is always bending his ear about Gauld" sounds to me like Steve Clarke hasn't physically watched Gauld.

That, to me, is strange.

7 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

It is a critical summer for him. If he joins the right club he could have a very successful career and set himself up for life. It should also finally open the door to his Scotland career. 

It is and I really hope the right club (a big club) comes in for him and he continues to improve.

This season he's been immense. It'll be interesting to see what his ceiling is.

9 hours ago, todd said:

Nah, just regular dramatic mate

Not sure how you can doubt Clarkes competence because he didn't pick one player. I'm sure Clarke has been watching Gauld, maybe he doesn't think he is good enough. 

I think Clarke not seeing him does deserve a wow.

He's been raved about all season in a team that are fighting to stay in the league and Clarke hasn't even spoke to him. 

He surely has to be played in these friendlies before the Euros and hopefully in the squad, especially now we've got the 3 extra spaces.

48 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

I think Clarke not seeing him does deserve a wow.

He's been raved about all season in a team that are fighting to stay in the league and Clarke hasn't even spoke to him. 

He surely has to be played in these friendlies before the Euros and hopefully in the squad, especially now we've got the 3 extra spaces.

I agree 101%*

*(If it were possible. ;))

It's actually dereliction of duty if he hadn't seen Gauld in the flesh, or on TV or contacted him.

Edited by Taylor1996

He's had one assist.

Two assists ruled out because of VAR.

If he's not in the squad it'll be strange. His numbers are better than anyone we have, especially since he's in a better league than most of our players.

Edited by Taylor1996

Farense are awful.

They had less possession when Vitoria went down to 10 men than when Vitoria had 11 men.

The perpetual lack of possession, it makes Ryan Gaiud's goals and assists even more amazing. 

Edited by Taylor1996