England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them?

Big Ramy 1314

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do have one major handicap...Southgate.  he doesn't know how to get the best out of probably the best group of players we've had for over 15 years. I would love to see us go at you with Grealish foden kane rashford sancho. With rice holding. If we play u with southgate's usual negative tactics.  You have a chance

I am believing my own lads so far on this thread. The token englishmen, has come on the thread rather confident and a wee bit cocky, typical of his kind. Sounds like a couple of my english pals, always blabbin about how good they are, and how england will batter  Scotland. That is one of the reasons I posted this thread. I trust the opinions of the Scots boys on this forum when it comes to Scotland vs england.. No disrespect roverboy, I speak for myself, I find most english arrogant when it comes to football, especially towards Scotland. That's why as a country, I dont like you, never have, never will..  SCOTLAND FOREVER🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

19 minutes ago, roverboy said:

We do have one major handicap...Southgate.  he doesn't know how to get the best out of probably the best group of players we've had for over 15 years. I would love to see us go at you with Grealish foden kane rashford sancho. With rice holding. If we play u with southgate's usual negative tactics.  You have a chance

Your first post was full of confidence, wee bit cocky, now your last post you say we have a chance? Your starting to bottle it already. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I'm away for a roll n sausage and an IrnBru.. Mibbee throw on some Dougie Maclean...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Its startin, the infamous, "Scotland Forever" thread is in the works...🙂🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Your first post was full of confidence, wee bit cocky, now your last post you say we have a chance? Your starting to bottle it already. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Its the southgate effect

25 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Do you think Grealish and Rice will make it? I thought they were injury doubts.

Imagine if you lose Grealish, Rice AND Henderson. That will definitely affect your midfield.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Do you think Grealish and Rice will make it? I thought they were injury doubts.

Imagine if you lose Grealish, Rice AND Henderson. That will definitely affect your midfield.

I think grealish will be fit. He said he's confident he will be available.  Henderson would be a big loss and I don't think he will be available.  Rice will be fine. I would rather have Bellingham over Henderson anyway.  Hes already proven to be one of the best young midfielders in Europe 

Also Grealish isn't really a midfielder.  He plays on the left of a front 3. As does foden.  I would love to include maddison because he plays number 10 role. Hes unlucky to be playing at a time when we have plenty of creative players.  I haven't really mentioned mount yet. Hes been  sensational this season for club and Country.  People are starting to realise just how good he is

Could we beat England? Out of 10 games, we maybe best then 3 times, they beat us 5 times and we draw..............twice. will be beat England, I doubt it but it's going to be a heck of a game and I'm so excited.to watch it. 

14 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Also Grealish isn't really a midfielder.  He plays on the left of a front 3. As does foden.  I would love to include maddison because he plays number 10 role. Hes unlucky to be playing at a time when we have plenty of creative players.  I haven't really mentioned mount yet. Hes been  sensational this season for club and Country.  People are starting to realise just how good he is

Yeah. I know, but for all intents and purposes. 

It's like with Scotland, most of our midfielders are attacking midfielders and second strikers. It's a strange wave.

We never seem to get a wave of strikers.

21 minutes ago, roverboy said:

I think grealish will be fit. He said he's confident he will be available.  Henderson would be a big loss and I don't think he will be available.  Rice will be fine. I would rather have Bellingham over Henderson anyway.  Hes already proven to be one of the best young midfielders in Europe 

What kind of a midfielder is Bellingham? 

3 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah. I know, but for all intents and purposes. 

It's like with Scotland, most of our midfielders are attacking midfielders and second strikers. It's a strange wave.

We never seem to get a wave of strikers.

What kind of a midfielder is Bellingham? 

Box to box. Hes good in possession.  Also he can tackle. He reminds me of Gerrard 

I suppose we’ve got a better chance of beating them at Wembley than we’ve had for years because the stadium will only be a quarter full and a good percentage of the fans will be Scottish. 

Anything could happen though. We could sneak it or get pumped 4-0. I’d take a draw right now as long as we beat the Czechs. 

42 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Could we beat England? Out of 10 games, we maybe best then 3 times, they beat us 5 times and we draw..............twice. will be beat England, I doubt it but it's going to be a heck of a game and I'm so excited.to watch it. 

i think thats beimg optimistic, i think we beat them 1 in 10 times with us losing 6 or 7 and maybe 2/3 draws. 

4 hours ago, roverboy said:

Not here to cause any annomisity but as an England fan, we should be far too strong for you. When u look at our attacking options grealish foden sancho kane mount sterling saka rashford dcl, i don't think your defense stands a chance against that. As for our midfield if Henderson is fit we still have players like Bellingham philips rice Ward-Prowse.  Rice has been excellent this season and has shown that for England too. We still have a better midfield than  you even if its our weakest area. We also have incredible depth at rightback plus two of the best leftbacks in the epl, chilwell and Shaw. Maguire and stones are solid centrebacks.  As for pickford, he's NEVER let England down.  Can't wait for the game. Good luck

On paper you guys should really win but i think we do have some quality players like mcginn, tierney and mctominay etc. We need those guys to have amazing games and for england to have a poor game for us to stand a chance. i would bite the hand off for a draw but guys like kane, sancho and rashford up against our defence is going to be tough. 

1 hour ago, roverboy said:

Nobody plays 4-2-4 anymore lol!

Very unlikely as our forwards are utterly dreadful .

We cannot rely on this non-scoring forwards set up.

Our midfield is okay but it’s not a patch on theirs .

The concern when we play them is their are always so much bigger physically than us.

22 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

On paper you guys should really win but i think we do have some quality players like mcginn, tierney and mctominay etc. We need those guys to have amazing games and for england to have a poor game for us to stand a chance. i would bite the hand off for a draw but guys like kane, sancho and rashford up against our defence is going to be tough. 

Agree. But u never know

23 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Our hopes are pinned on trying to beat the czech rep and then getting a draw v england or croatia. Thats our best hope of getting out the groups. Gunna be a tough ask imo.

U can do it. U can win the group. Then u can play France Germany or Portugal.  While we face Sweden;)