England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them? - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them?

Big Ramy 1314

Quick question. We will wear our traditional navy blue, even though we are the visitors correct. I hope so.. Scotland Forever 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Quick question. We will wear our traditional navy blue, even though we are the visitors correct. I hope so.. Scotland Forever 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Its a tournament so is classed neutral venue.

2 minutes ago, stirlish said:

They might get allocated the away dressing room - same for Scotland at Hampden.

Fair enough. I just have a good feeling when we wear the blue..🙂🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 5/2/2021 at 3:10 PM, DAVIDB46 said:

As long as we give it a go not just try to keep the score down.

I hated this free hit stuff we used to entertain under strachan 

Don't shout at me...but I'd be prepared for us to shut up shop against England and focus on the other games in the group. We know the Czechs pretty well and have a good record against Croatia. That's who I'd be concentrating on. Right, you can start shouting at me now.

53 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Reading through the thread I'm surprised at the number of Engerlund players I've never heard of.

Shouldn't be as I really don't follow the English game. Back in June 2017 at Hampden I'd no idea who I was booing half the time.

Some of the greatest players in world football 

1 hour ago, roverboy said:

Is that the same team of world class players that scraped a draw with the last kick of the game?Just wondering.

1 hour ago, roverboy said:

8 hours ago, Montrose97 said:

Don't shout at me...but I'd be prepared for us to shut up shop against England and focus on the other games in the group. We know the Czechs pretty well and have a good record against Croatia. That's who I'd be concentrating on. Right, you can start shouting at me now.

I won't shout at you. That's a really pragmatic suggestion.

I haven't seen a full England match since the previous World Cup. If they haven't improved, there's nothing at all to worry about. As for us, we've improve immensely since that timeframe.

In 2018 they worked with percentages. They scored most their goals via set pieces.

We have nothing to be scared of. Players like Tierney, Robertson, McGinn, McTominay know this. And I'm sure they'll drill it into the non EPL Scots.

Personally, I'd only take Kane, Foden, Maguire, Sancho and any of their right backs from their pool of players. The rest? Meh. 

20 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I haven't seen a full England match since the previous World Cup. If they haven't improved, there's nothing at all to worry about. As for us, we've improve immensely since that timeframe.

In 2018 they worked with percentages. They scored most their goals via set pieces.

We have nothing to be scared of. Players like Tierney, Robertson, McGinn, McTominay know this. And I'm sure they'll drill it into the non EPL Scots.

Personally, I'd only take Kane, Foden, Maguire, Sancho and any of their right backs from their pool of players. The rest? Meh. 

Grealish? Sterling? Stones? Dcl, Bellingham, Rashford? Mount? All these are far better than anything Scotland have.