England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them? - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them?

Big Ramy 1314

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

He doesn't need to bother checking that. The group is already won.

So who do WE play then..

😉😉😉😉💪💪💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 4/27/2021 at 3:14 PM, KirkieRobRoy said:

It's a toughie. They will need to be below par and we'll need to play above ourselves. It will depend to some extent on how well they start the tournament and what they need out of the game. Our biggest hope is the overweening sense of entitlement and over-confidence they always take into tournaments. Jings, the Covid-altered plans for the tournament even included an England victory parade!

We're no very good and sometimes seem less than the sum of our parts but this really is the time for the players to step up and show how much playing for Scotland means to them. They have plenty of time to learn the words of Flower of Scotland for a start (the women's team can teach them if necessary).

Then get out there and work hard and run and work and run and work till at 90 mins you can't do anything but crawl to the tunnel vomiting. Every one of us who are usually in the stands would give up a limb (after the game, obviously) for the chance to pull on a Scotland jersey and humiliate England. Show that it means that much to you, or don't play for Scotland.

This tournament, we have to be the Iceland.

To be fair, most of that shite comes from their press, media and some of their more fair weather fans.  In the current climate (no pub intended) we'll probably see politicians latching onto it too. 

England's players, coaching staff and even, I suspect, their more committed fans will be more pragmatic though.  

On 4/26/2021 at 10:55 PM, DAVIDB46 said:

Very unlikely as our forwards are utterly dreadful .

We cannot rely on this non-scoring forwards set up.

Our midfield is okay but it’s not a patch on theirs .

The concern when we play them is their are always so much bigger physically than us.

I'd be surprised if there is a big gulf between the two sides in terms of height.  If everyone's fit, I'd expect 6 or 7 of our starting 11 to be EPL players, including a few of our taller players.

The thing that often takes me aback when I watch England though is how much pace they have in their side.

19 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So who do WE play then..

😉😉😉😉💪💪💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Disnae matter. ;)

4 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

Czechs and Croatia have both beaten England in the last few years......

Imagine if they got knocked out in the group stages when the semi & final are at Wembley?

Would I be right in saying we beat the Czechs and Croatia last time we played them?

England should be scared stiff.

16 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Then there's saka lol. 

...oh, the wee Arsenal player? He isn't very good, either...

(Kidding. Forgot him, too. Maybe I'm forgetting these players on purpose so that I can sleep at night... 😛)

Yeah, Sancho and Saka are wingers, but I could easily see them developing into inside forwards. We're the same, I've never known us with so many inside forwards... we don't even have a winger. Fraser and Forrest are better playing on the inside.

Maybe it's a generational thing, the wingerless generation.

10 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

(Kidding. Forgot him, too. Maybe I'm forgetting these players on purpose so that I can sleep at night... 😛)

Yeah, Sancho and Saka are wingers, but I could easily see them developing into inside forwards. We're the same, I've never known us with so many inside forwards... we don't even have a winger. Fraser and Forrest are better playing on the inside.

Possibly.  Modern football is changing 

Who is the more aggressive of the two? That could play a big part, as long as we have a decent referee who isnae whistle happy. Scotland I think would benefit more. Look at Tierney and McGinn for example. Hanley at the back marking Kane is a big ask, he worries me.. So many things can go right or wrong, but I am confident... Scotland Forever..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Not sure if we can win this one, but getting a draw is not beyond us.

It's not just about one game though as if we can beat either Croatia or the Czechs then all to play for. 

Looking forward to it especially if we get crowds in to get some atmosphere going😃.

19 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

The winger - as in touchline hugger - is well and truly dead. What we have now are in effect wing strikers. (Think I've just invented a new term.)

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

The winger - as in touchline hugger - is well and truly dead. What we have now are in effect wing strikers. (Think I've just invented a new term.)

Yeah. Inside forwards?

That's why I wanted us to see if we could get Harvey Barnes. He's a throwback.

19 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yes.

But unlike Che Adams, he's a good player. 

I don't think Scotland have much chance of getting him now. Hes already won an England cap and he's pretty much in southgate's thoughts. If it hadn't been  for injury he would have had a chance of being at the euros 

7 minutes ago, roverboy said:

I don't think Scotland have much chance of getting him now. Hes already won an England cap and he's pretty much in southgate's thoughts. If it hadn't been  for injury he would have had a chance of being at the euros 

Yeah. I know. Unfortunately. 

Just read an article where he said that he's "English through and through", which is fair enough.

Some people here think my objection towards Che Adams Is because he rejected us. It isn't. He's just a really average striker.