England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them?

Big Ramy 1314

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I hope so. Clarke likes to play defensive, or cautious football if you will from want I have seen..We should not fear England. I want tae beat these bastards. I have been on the receiving end of all my english mates here for 22 fuckin years.  I want tae ram me Bagpipes right doon their throats. Follow them home and play the Pipes..🤣🤣. It's time tae stand up and sort these cunts !!!! Intae those Bastaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaards!!!!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

We'll definitely have to keep it tight and compact the center of midfield. If we do that. If we're brave on the ball, like we were in 96 and the 99 playoffs, we can absolutely beat them.

ITV showed a rerun of the entire Euro 96 competition during the first lockdown. It was great seeing us take it to them. Collins and McAllister oozes class.

Not seen the 99 playoffs since... 1999. I remember the second leg more vividly than the first. We absolutely battered them! Too bad Seaman was on top form.

Just 52 days to go!

Edited by Taylor1996

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England have a couple of genuine world class players but they have some seriously overrated players like Grealish too. Too many of our own fans are EPL fan boys who buy the hype.

Don't get me wrong, on paper they are better than us but if we go in with the right frame of mind, we can win. The rugby team did it recently against the bigger and supposedly better England team. We've got to believe it can happen, play with confidence and every player on our team will have to give everything. 

Anyway, we can worry about this game after we play The Czech Republic. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

England have a couple of genuine world class players but they have some seriously overrated players like Grealish too. Too many of our own fans are EPL fan boys who buy the hype.

Don't get me wrong, on paper they are better than us but if we go in with the right frame of mind, we can win. The rugby team did it recently against the bigger and supposedly better England team. We've got to believe it can happen, play with confidence and every player on our team will have to give everything. 

Anyway, we can worry about this game after we play The Czech Republic. 

Grealish is far from overrated.  Hes one of the most technically gifted players in Europe. I can't think of any overrated England players. Kane sancho rashford sterling Grealish foden mount are regarded as some of the best in europe

1 hour ago, roverboy said:

Grealish is far from overrated.  Hes one of the most technically gifted players in Europe. I can't think of any overrated England players. Kane sancho rashford sterling Grealish foden mount are regarded as some of the best in europe

Haha who told you that Sky sports? Come on, you can't be serious with that comment.

I agree with you Roverboy Grealish is a fantastic player when his confidence is high. He can be kept out of a game very easily though, just a few nicely timed late tackles and a wee bit of tight marking and he fades away. The right hand side is a weak area for us and I think you lot could use this. We have made progress in the back 3 and up front but still would take a massive achievement for us to beat your best team. 

The last time I watched an England game was during the 2018 World Cup and I don't watch  EPL  so not very well placed to comment. I just hope that Scotland stay calm and treat it like any other game - at the end of the day it is the same three points you get for beating England as it would be for getting one over Czech Rep or Croatia. Play with composure, stick to the plan laid out by the manager and you never know.

One thing that does frighten me about England is Kane and his propensity for diving. There are a few EPL viewers on my Twitter and remarks along these lines seem to come up whenever Tottenham Hotspur are playing. I just hope that the officials are wise to it and Scotland don't suffer some kind of injustice during the game.

For me a massive factor will be how England approach it - if they beat Croatia first game then the shackles are off and we could take a doing.  Lose or draw and it's twitchy bum time like Euro 96.  They were pretty lucky in that tournament in that the Swiss could have beaten them, we could quite easily have gone 1-1 but for Uri Geller and were really pretty crap against Spain in the quarters who should have knocked them out.  Even the Netherlands game, I watched that as lived down south so the Scotland game was only highlights, is  overegged.  They did hammer them but  the dutch quite obviously had chucked the towel in following the fallout over Davids the day or two before - their quarter 0-0 with France was a shocker too from memory.    

The pressure is on Southgate and all as he's accused of being too defensive with the players at his disposal.  With it being at home too and folk stir crazy from lockdown the pressure will be massive.  It feels a bit like the Rugby World Cup in 2015 where they were worrying about who they'd play in the semis but they ended up with egg on their face there when Wales beat them and they melted v Australia.   

They've had Golden Generations before and they'll probably have too much for us but think they're pretty weak at the back.  Pickford, Arnold, Chillwell, Walker, Stones, Keane would all get in our side but top class sides would fancy their chances as none of them are particularly great at defending.    

If they romp the group, which they could, then they could ride the positivity all the way to winning the thing but if they slip up the media attention will be horrendous for them.

1 hour ago, stitch said:

I agree with you Roverboy Grealish is a fantastic player when his confidence is high. He can be kept out of a game very easily though, just a few nicely timed late tackles and a wee bit of tight marking and he fades away. The right hand side is a weak area for us and I think you lot could use this. We have made progress in the back 3 and up front but still would take a massive achievement for us to beat your best team. 

Agree but grealish is very resilient when it comes to heavy challenges and tight marking.  U might need to put him out the game for good 

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

For me a massive factor will be how England approach it - if they beat Croatia first game then the shackles are off and we could take a doing.  Lose or draw and it's twitchy bum time like Euro 96.  They were pretty lucky in that tournament in that the Swiss could have beaten them, we could quite easily have gone 1-1 but for Uri Geller and were really pretty crap against Spain in the quarters who should have knocked them out.  Even the Netherlands game, I watched that as lived down south so the Scotland game was only highlights, is  overegged.  They did hammer them but  the dutch quite obviously had chucked the towel in following the fallout over Davids the day or two before - their quarter 0-0 with France was a shocker too from memory.    

The pressure is on Southgate and all as he's accused of being too defensive with the players at his disposal.  With it being at home too and folk stir crazy from lockdown the pressure will be massive.  It feels a bit like the Rugby World Cup in 2015 where they were worrying about who they'd play in the semis but they ended up with egg on their face there when Wales beat them and they melted v Australia.   

They've had Golden Generations before and they'll probably have too much for us but think they're pretty weak at the back.  Pickford, Arnold, Chillwell, Walker, Stones, Keane would all get in our side but top class sides would fancy their chances as none of them are particularly great at defending.    

If they romp the group, which they could, then they could ride the positivity all the way to winning the thing but if they slip up the media attention will be horrendous for them.

Well put. It all rides on southgate whether he has the balls to unleash our attacking talent or go defensive 

4 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Agree but grealish is very resilient when it comes to heavy challenges and tight marking.  U might need to put him out the game for good 

His team mate McGinn will sort him out ( or at least have encyclopedic knowledge of his will and wonts) 

3 hours ago, roverboy said:

Grealish is a diving ,   cheating little khunt.  

17 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Good luck? good luck???????. What happened to us? When did we start wishing england good luck

Pffft 

😉🤣

Not always agreed with you in the past,but on this one I am with you all the way.Good luck to england,they should be ashamed of themselves.As I have said before,it's not only the Scotland players in the past who were better,it also applies to our fans.Never mind all this pc crap about offending anybody.Feel free to be offended when I say,I hope England get f..king shafted by everybody.Football is all about rivalries and the atmosphere and intensity it creates.Kill that and you are left with the celebrity and prawn sandwich brigade who are killing the atmosphere at stadiums all around the uk.Keep the fire burning.

31 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

His team mate McGinn will sort him out ( or at least have encyclopedic knowledge of his will and wonts) 

I am glad I posted this thread. The more I read it, the more confidence I have in us. The midfield should be some battle, and I do not think our boys will be intimidated one bit, especially our boys who play in the EPL regularly, ie, Tierney, Roberstson, Mcginn, for example. Bring on the cunts !!!!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

5 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Not always agreed with you in the past,but on this one I am with you all the way.Good luck to england,they should be ashamed of themselves.As I have said before,it's not only the Scotland players in the past who were better,it also applies to our fans.Never mind all this pc crap about offending anybody.Feel free to be offended when I say,I hope England get f..king shafted by everybody.Football is all about rivalries and the atmosphere and intensity it creates.Kill that and you are left with the celebrity and prawn sandwich brigade who are killing the atmosphere at stadiums all around the uk.Keep the fire burning.

Top post. I totally agree. I am on my last warning, but I dont give a flying fuck when it comes to england !! I hate the arrogant cunts. If I have offended you, well no apologies..   Come on the Bonnie Scotland !!! Alba Gu Brath...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I am glad I posted this thread. The more I read it, the more confidence I have in us. The midfield should be some battle, and I do not think our boys will be intimidated one bit, especially our boys who play in the EPL regularly, ie, Tierney, Roberstson, Mcginn, for example. Bring on the cunts !!!!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Nothing to lose and nothing to fear.  Great to be back to a major tournament.

14 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Nothing to lose and nothing to fear.  Great to be back to a major tournament.

Exactly. So everyone one on this board, including me, put your differences aside, and let's get tore intae these bastards.. First tournament in 22 year, and we have the auld enemy at Wembley. What fuckin more could you ask for. Line up the jagerbombs, start pouring the pints, fire up the Bagpipes, and let the party begin !!!!!! Fuckin yasssssssssssssssssssssss 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Good luck 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Top post. I totally agree. I am on my last warning, but I dont give a flying fuck when it comes to england !! I hate the arrogant cunts. If I have offended you, well no apologies..   Come on the Bonnie Scotland !!! Alba Gu Brath...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

With you all the way big man.Keep that passion burning.C'MON SCOTLAND.

21 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Good luck 

Genuine question.

As a football fan that presumably has a fair amount of knowledge about the England players.

Do you rate Che Adams?

I assume you know zero about Lyndon Dykes (but you never know, for all I know you're a QPR fan). But Lyndon Dykes is a bit of a battering ram. Not saying he's akin to Joe Jordan or Duncan Ferguson, but you can tell that he genuinely loves aerial duels.

Who do you think your defence would rather go up against? Adams or Dykes? 

It's a toughie. They will need to be below par and we'll need to play above ourselves. It will depend to some extent on how well they start the tournament and what they need out of the game. Our biggest hope is the overweening sense of entitlement and over-confidence they always take into tournaments. Jings, the Covid-altered plans for the tournament even included an England victory parade!

We're no very good and sometimes seem less than the sum of our parts but this really is the time for the players to step up and show how much playing for Scotland means to them. They have plenty of time to learn the words of Flower of Scotland for a start (the women's team can teach them if necessary).

Then get out there and work hard and run and work and run and work till at 90 mins you can't do anything but crawl to the tunnel vomiting. Every one of us who are usually in the stands would give up a limb (after the game, obviously) for the chance to pull on a Scotland jersey and humiliate England. Show that it means that much to you, or don't play for Scotland.

This tournament, we have to be the Iceland.

While I remember, before the Hampden 2017 game I remember trawling the web for a half-decent England forum where I could wind them up a bit. Couldn't find one, not one even as moribund as this place is occasionally. Mind you, when it came to the game their supporters were a right bunch of colourless, characterless sad sacks. Maybe they can't work computers. Is there an official England forum I just cannae find?