War of Downing Street - Tory sleaze corruption civil war etc. - Politics - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

War of Downing Street - Tory sleaze corruption civil war etc.

exile

The thing that strikes me about this is how it's being reported on TV news. They seem to be entirely focusing on who paid for what and when. Whilst that may be interesting, they don't seem to bat an eyelid at the fact that they spent £58K on "redecorating". FFS, you could build a whole new hoose from scratch for that amount of money. That is double the average annual salary in Scotland. 

some of the English really do suffer from Stockholm syndrome can’t understand for the life of me how they vote for them tories this is  probably the most corrupt government ever and yet there supposed to be 11pts ahead in the polls the stuff they’ve done over the last number of months would normally be a enough to bring a government down don’t get me wrong kier starmer isn’t much cope but boris fucking Johnson 

23 hours ago, Orraloon said:

The thing that strikes me about this is how it's being reported on TV news. They seem to be entirely focusing on who paid for what and when. Whilst that may be interesting, they don't seem to bat an eyelid at the fact that they spent £58K on "redecorating". FFS, you could build a whole new hoose from scratch for that amount of money. That is double the average annual salary in Scotland. 

Was it not 88k and he went 58k over budget?

4 hours ago, phart said:

Was it not 88k and he went 58k over budget?

Wow, I didn't realise that. So that's over three times the average income in Scotland for the "redecoration" of a flat. Put it another way, half the working population in Scotland earn less than a third of what they spent on some redecorating. Aye, right enough, "we are all in this together". 

I've just read that they have a £30 K annual allowance for redecorating. Holy fuk!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Wow, I didn't realise that. So that's over three times the average income in Scotland for the "redecoration" of a flat. Put it another way, half the working population in Scotland earn less than a third of what they spent on some redecorating. Aye, right enough, "we are all in this together". 

I've just read that they have a £30 K annual allowance for redecorating. Holy fuk!!!!!!!!!

Aye, it's that wild I couldn't even fathom it myself at first!

• 2 months later...

Boris Johnson charged taxpayers £28,000 for fancy-floorboards refurb

Cabinet Office admits taking Tory donations to fund refurb, before bills were finally paid by the prime minister

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/boris-johnson-charged-taxpayers-28000-for-fancy-floorboards-refurb/

'For those too weary to have bothered, a summary of Cummings interview.

“Boris is a cretin; I’m a genius. I put him in power then immediately tried to remove him. I hate his wife. Everyone except me’s a moron. People are mad to think the Brexit I pushed is a good idea.”

The end'.

11 hours ago, exile said:

'For those too weary to have bothered, a summary of Cummings interview.

“Boris is a cretin; I’m a genius. I put him in power then immediately tried to remove him. I hate his wife. Everyone except me’s a moron. People are mad to think the Brexit I pushed is a good idea.”

The end'.

I do love how its Tories who are outraged with what he has to say. The same Tories who were happy to jump into bed with him over his Brexit views. The same Tories that rounded the wagons and stoically defended him when he broke COVID rules and drove 300 miles to visit a castle at the height of the pandemic. That just says that they are just as bad as him. 

On top of that what's this nonsense of pressure being put on Coco the Clown to apologise for his proven remarks about 80-year-olds dying during the pandemic? Apologise? Is that it? Jeez he is in the highest seat of power and yet an apology will suffice?