London based Scotland Fans - Scotland v Czech Republic - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

London based Scotland Fans

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

That used to be The Flying Scotsman. Strip club/pub and a real dive. Some change. Popped in when at the last game at Wembley a few years back. 

I was in this place December 2019, if I remember correctly it wasn't that big.

On 4/25/2021 at 6:41 PM, vanderark14 said:

Hi all, I'll be heading into the city centre of London on the day of this match, I think I remember someone saying the albion was where Scotland fans used to meet.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks 

You do realise you will only get served if you are sitting at a designated table . No standing drinking allowed and all waitress /waiter served only . Is it really worth it 

1 hour ago, Wirralwoollyback said:

You do realise you will only get served if you are sitting at a designated table . No standing drinking allowed and all waitress /waiter served only . Is it really worth it 

Yes it will be worth it. I live near London and will be meeting some friends to watch the game. 

The Albion has been fully booked for a few weeks. I don’t think there’s any point going if you haven’t got a table. Pubs in London at the moment are all table service, you can’t go to the bar or just stand at the bar with your drink. There will be plenty of pubs showing the game but the Albion is the only pub I know of for the last few years that specifically shows Scotland games and gets a crowd of Scotland fans in.

All the years I’ve lived in London there’s only ever been one or two pubs at any time for Scotland games. Fond memories of the William Wallace years ago when people would get told to get off their mobiles as it was interfering with the game on the screen.

There's a cracking family pub just round the corner from the Albion at Blackfriars.  Its called the Rising Sun (EC4V 5DY) - well worth a look as they have a bunch of screens and showing all games, but I haven't checked availability.