Here we go again - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Listening to talksport is hilarious. Celtic and rangers are supported world wide 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Other than ex pats nobody gives a shit about them

You’re clearly forgetting the Thai Tims. 

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

You’re clearly forgetting the Thai Tims. 

In all seriousness the football fans down here are so ignorant it's crazy. Scottish football would die, another myth generated by an old firm friendly media. 

I hope this happens, I can't see it but I'd love it to happen. 

I'm the last person to stick up for the OF but they wouldn't struggle in the championship or EPL because they'd have access to the millions of epl cash.

Edited by vanderark14

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Listening to talksport is hilarious. Celtic and rangers are supported world wide 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Other than ex pats nobody gives a shit about them

Got invited to Celtic Park once to meet with the Commercial Manager (Frank, can't remember his second name)to discuss him coming in to college to give my class an insight in to how Celtic ran theirs.  He came in and he said they hardly made any money worldwide.  Yes there are Celtic clubs in USA and Canada but Celtic didn't make any money from them.  So you are correct.  I mean the OF are 'names' in Europe but a brand needs to make money.

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

David Moyes is a bellend, nothing new here. Unified league my arse, GTF you muppet. 

Harsh, very harsh

Moyes is proving you can bounce back after being hung out to dry by a big club. I'd love to see another Scottish manager do well in the EPL by finishing top 4 with west ham. I really hope he does it.

Just read Moyes statement on BBC.  He talks a lot of sense there.  Scottish and English football needs a shake up.  Rangers and Celtic and also a pyramid system for Scottish teams to be able to enter a British league 2 or whatever could work.  Scottish football can't go on the way is.  Instead of a 0ne horse race for the last 9 years we are now back to a two horse race.  What good is that?  I do feel change is in the air and hope it includes Scotland.  I am sure the TV companies would support it.

Would love to see it happen in some way personally. Would love to see A the old firm players experience proper competition week in week out and B the old firm fans who have only known success their whole lives know what’s it like to come up against proper competition and take them out their self entitled fantasy land where the rest of the league aren’t just ‘ diddy teams’

23 minutes ago, JECK said:

Would love to see it happen in some way personally. Would love to see A the old firm players experience proper competition week in week out and B the old firm fans who have only known success their whole lives know what’s it like to come up against proper competition and take them out their self entitled fantasy land where the rest of the league aren’t just ‘ diddy teams’

Totally agree with that Jeck.

As usual my lawyer Jambo pal puts another slant on it.  He is an ardent supporter of Independence.  He Reckons Boris would support it as a means of keeping Britain together.  God my head is bursting!!!  But if other European countries are considering joining up whilst still being separate???  Christ, I am thinking about hitting the Glenlivet already!!!

Scottish clubs should approach the portuguese clubs and try and replicate the dutch/belgian league idea. Take 8 teams from scotland and 10 teams from portugal and create an 18 team league. The core of scottish football would survive as the 8 biggest teams would be a part of the new league and all the great rivalries would still exist like the edinburgh derby and aberdeen v rangers games plus the old firm derby. There could be a relegation/promotion system back to the countries top division making access to the new league available to the teams who dont make it the first season.

8 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Scottish clubs should approach the portuguese clubs and try and replicate the dutch/belgian league idea. Take 8 teams from scotland and 10 teams from portugal and create an 18 team league. The core of scottish football would survive as the 8 biggest teams would be a part of the new league and all the great rivalries would still exist like the edinburgh derby and aberdeen v rangers games plus the old firm derby. There could be a relegation/promotion system back to the countries top division making access to the new league available to the teams who dont make it the first season.

Would clubs like Livi, St Johnstone and St Mirren have the finances to be able to fly out to Portugal every second week?  Would anyone outside of Celtic have for that matter?

59 minutes ago, kumnio said:

A Portuguese & Scottish league, please tell me than a dozen pints of Sagres and Tennents are behind that idea. 

There’s mental, and then there’s this. 

I'd be right up for a Killie away game in Lisbon to pick up a couple of tarts...

...before you ask, this kind:-

8666184054_bd4931e52e_z.jpg