Here we go again - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

With Belgium and Holland creating a joint league I think theres more chance of this happening than before, however I still cant see it.

There is no incentive for the English teams. Sky wont pay much more to have the Old Firm and why would mid table teams want more competition from bigger clubs.

I would support a British pyrimad system though as I think the additional money could really help raise the standards in our game. Ive said before that I think the game up here has gone stale, partly because no non old firm club believes they can challenge so the objective is being slightly better than the rest.

If the Old Firm got placed into EPL, Hibs, Aberdeen into Champ and so on then it opens up a whole new world for potential and survival.

3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

If the Old Firm got placed into EPL, Hibs, Aberdeen into Champ and so on then it opens up a whole new world for potential and survival.

There's a good chance that one of those clubs will make an extra 4M from The Conference next season. Do you think they'd willingly give up Europe?

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Been thinking about it and although I can't see it happening the benefits to our game in Scotland would outweigh the drawbacks imo.  The OF have for too long been two big fish in a small pond.  The other clubs would be given a chance to flourish.

Does winning the League once make you a 'big fish', and is 9 years a long time?

9 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I will refer you to the FIFA and UEFA websites Scotty bhoy.  55 and counting so stand on.

I will refer you to the Ramsdens Cup match at Brechin on July 29, 2012 where your new club officially played under the name 'Sevco'.

History officially broken.

After having the second biggest budget in the league for the past 9 seasons, a compliant Celtic opened the door for you to purchase your first (and one and only) trophy.

9 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You never know what's going to happen in these days Ramy!!

Agreed mate. Money runs everything unfortunately.. Greedy bastards. Problem is, all these foreign owners who haven't a fuckin clue what football actually means to loyal hard working supporters.. Sad really...

3 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I will refer you to the Ramsdens Cup match at Brechin on July 29, 2012 where your new club officially played under the name 'Sevco'.

After having the second biggest budget in the league for the past 9 seasons, a compliant Celtic opened the door for you to purchase your first (and one and only) trophy.

Cannae argue wae that...👍

7 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I will refer you to Jesco 👉

O

6 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

A British League noooo.  If it ever ever happened I personally think it would be good for the Scottish game without the OF, especially for the development of our own players.  Caanny see it happening though.

Rangers and Celtic are wanted in British League as part of fall-out of failed European Super League plans (thescottishsun.co.uk)

They're pushing for an 18 team league and they want to invite the OF. So five team just demoted like that from the EPL. I can see all the chairmen being happy with that.🤣

7 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Would you be in favour of it?

Absolutely but it won't happen unless the OF start at the bottom and even then I can't see enough support for it in England 

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Absolutely but it won't happen unless the OF start at the bottom and even then I can't see enough support for it in England 

But from what I have read the EPL would be replaced by a British League?  A bit like the ESL (defunct) but seemingly has the backing of Uefa.  The OF joining the EPL was never a starter but a British League may alter things.  The football world in Europe now is changing i.e. gone mad.  My gut is that it won't happen but would be a good thing for Scotland if it did.