Chrome - 403 Forbidden Error - Technical Support - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Chrome - 403 Forbidden Error

aaid

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2021 at 10:01 AM, aaid said:

Anyone having a problem connecting to the TAMB using Chrome on Windows?

I'm getting a 403 Forbidden Error.  

Works fine on Edge on the same pc and on iOS with Safari.

This is happening to me and robbo cop. 

Just back on today after another week unable to access site. 

Were you able to change settings or anything to rectify the problem? 

Just now, Och Aye said:

This is happening to me and robbo cop. 

Just back on today after another week unable to access site. 

Were you able to change settings or anything to rectify the problem? 

After a couple of weeks it suddenly rectified itself.  Didn't change anything on my side so can't give any suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...

Had the same problem for weeks. On Safari, tried Chrome but still no.

Thought at first the site was down but got on a week later - realised it was because I was on 4G and when back on WiFi couldn’t connect again.

I gave up and just took a look in every now and then on 4G though it seems to have fixed itself for me now. Surprising how quickly you get used not to being on here, especially when you do come on and most of what you see is the same two posters posting the same old boring pish.

It took me 3 weeks to get back on after no access.  Switching off WIFI didn't help nor wasted hours on various support websites.

It was then reported to TAMB technical support by a fellow member resulting eventually with their suggestion I send a screenshot displaying the error code. I'm still waiting for a reply.

Next step was to contact AVAST support who promptly found the URL to be offline but able to find another which did work.  https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php     

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 6:57 PM, Tiny Tim said:

Surprising how quickly you get used not to being on here, especially when you do come on and most of what you see is the same two posters posting the same old boring pish.

Looks like one got banned again. 

1 hour ago, fringo said:

Still no solution? Over a month can't access tamb now apart from as above on my phone which means I never go on after over 20 years.

Sorry for you fringo, hope it sorts itself out for you. Could do with a few more jokes and cheesy tunes about the place :)

Stick with it, I’m not sure the tech people here know about it never mind know how to fix it. For me, it just sort of fixed itself. The same will probably happen for you. Thinking about it, the boring poster might not have been banned, they might be suffering the same connectivity problem.

Any other noticeable absentees?

9 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

Looks like one got banned again. 

Sorry for you fringo, hope it sorts itself out for you. Could do with a few more jokes and cheesy tunes about the place :)

Stick with it, I’m not sure the tech people here know about it never mind know how to fix it. For me, it just sort of fixed itself. The same will probably happen for you. Thinking about it, the boring poster might not have been banned, they might be suffering the same connectivity problem.

Any other noticeable absentees?

Ramy banned again? 

I stayed off for a couple of weeks and you are right. Same old shite from the 2 morons.

I've performed some upgrades and few other things which might sort anyone having issues.

If still have problems try logging out ( https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/logout ) and also clearing your cache on your device ( https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-clear-your-browser-cache/ )

Also, if anyone has any issues please email team@tamb.net so I can look into it better, I've only just seen this thread.

On 7/28/2021 at 8:24 AM, vanderark14 said:

Ramy banned again? 

I stayed off for a couple of weeks and you are right. Same old shite from the 2 morons.

To be fair, I wasn’t talking about Ramy. It was the emoji bombing 3 at the back youngster and the one that doesn’t read people’s posts properly, twists things and looks for reactions.

Anyway, hope fringo and any other genuine posters can now get back on here.

On 7/30/2021 at 9:02 PM, TAMB1 said:

I've performed some upgrades and few other things which might sort anyone having issues.

If still have problems try logging out ( https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/logout ) and also clearing your cache on your device ( https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-clear-your-browser-cache/ )

Also, if anyone has any issues please email team@tamb.net so I can look into it better, I've only just seen this thread.

I tried the above but no joy. Also spent hours trying to change all sorts on internet settings but still no joy :-(

I'm logged on here with my work pc (also using Chrome) which I don't want to use regularly.

I had this exact problem years ago, many folk did, there were threads in the Technical Section (mind that?). I got a row off one of the mods for starting a thread called “Mon tae…” when after months of grief they still had not dealt with it.

It seems to be something more with your internet provider and your specific location. DNS servers blah blah…

‘flush your DNS’ was something they said but honestly I don’t think anything worked and then it mysteriously fixed itself never to return. 

Try accessing it from home via a VPN then if it works you know at least it is some weird shit to do with your location and the way your IP access the tamb site.

I realize this is not hugely helpful. Bon chance monsieur fringo.

edit: maybe try the factory reset on your modem. 

Edited by thplinth

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

I had this exact problem years ago, many folk did, there were threads in the Technical Section (mind that?). I got a row off one of the mods for starting a thread called “Mon tae…” when after months of grief they still had not dealt with it.

It seems to be something more with your internet provider and your specific location. DNS servers blah blah…

‘flush your DNS’ was something they said but honestly I don’t think anything worked and then it mysteriously fixed itself never to return. 

Try accessing it from home via a VPN then if it works you know at least it is some weird shit to do with your location and the way your IP access the tamb site.

I realize this is not hugely helpful. Bon chance monsieur fringo.

edit: maybe try the factory reset on your modem. 

Funnily enough it's my work pc using work secure network but working from home. Cheers for suggestions.merci. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/3/2021 at 8:10 PM, fringo said:

And so the error is back again and I can't access tamb on my laptop. Worked for 2 to 3 days. Needs a permanent fix or more people will drift away.

I keep getting it on desktop and tablet. Sometimes have to exit site and come back later. Definitely needs a permanent fix.

Could anyone having issues please send emails to team@tamb.net with screen prints, device details, ISP, What link you are using to access board etc so I can continue to look into it.

I've not been able to recreate it and only seem to be a couple of people so need as much detail as possible.