London June 18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

London June 18

Callumdonia

It's a while away yet, but, with restrictions on pubs and the likes in place until after the game against England, I'm curious to get an idea of what other supporters are doing on the day of the game? More specifically, in lieu of a free-for-all Trafalgar gathering and for the game itself?

Appreciate lots of people will be cancelling their plans to travel down without a ticket, which makes sense. I live in London and have booked a few pubs for during the day (FYI for any travelling down, we are still subject to 2hr slots at most places down here until after June 21 so be strategic time wise with your bookings if this is your plan). 

As for the game, ideally looking to head somewhere with other Scotland fans to watch but no idea where, really? Guess England fans will be facing a similar problem given the small amount of tix that will be available for the game itself.

If I dont have a ticket I wont be going to London. Why anyone would is beyond me.

Pubs will be packed with England fans who cannot attend and Scotland fans with no ticket will be lucky to see the match. 

Last place I want to be if England beat us is in England. 

Wembley is a class trip and I've enjoyed it a few times with a ticket and no Covid measures. I think it's only fun this time if you're in the stadium. 

We should just about get tickets as there are 2 of us on 12 points.  We have a hotel booked that we can cancel...and will be looking to book  train once allocation is confirmed.  Not thought about pubs yet.  I kinda had hoped that pre and post game there may be a Scotland fanzone? Similar to Trafalgar that is happening (will surely mainly be England fans)..and hope that does happen...Will see closer to the time.

Edited by WeLuvIrnBru

On 4/17/2021 at 2:30 PM, Callumdonia said:

It's a while away yet, but, with restrictions on pubs and the likes in place until after the game against England, I'm curious to get an idea of what other supporters are doing on the day of the game? More specifically, in lieu of a free-for-all Trafalgar gathering and for the game itself?

Appreciate lots of people will be cancelling their plans to travel down without a ticket, which makes sense. I live in London and have booked a few pubs for during the day (FYI for any travelling down, we are still subject to 2hr slots at most places down here until after June 21 so be strategic time wise with your bookings if this is your plan). 

As for the game, ideally looking to head somewhere with other Scotland fans to watch but no idea where, really? Guess England fans will be facing a similar problem given the small amount of tix that will be available for the game itself.

Accommodation booked ages ago, train down booked the other day, having a gander at the pubs nearby as we speak. 

Some decent enough options, but aye yer probably right enough, pre-booking likely needed. 

It's going to get more tempting as it gets closer to the date to watch in a pub but there's always potential for things to kick-off. Watched Euro 96 game with some English mates in our local pub but some nutters from outside the hood took things too far. An English mate ended up getting glassed. However we managed to get the nutters' St Georges Cross flag off our pub landlord and we went round the back of the pub and set fire to it whilst dancing around it to Scotland the Brave...