Harry Cochrane - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Harry Cochrane

Hertsscot

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I see that he's not signing a new contract at Hearts. He was highly regarded a few years ago and is still a teenager. I know Hearts have had him out in loan, another what might have been or is he still one for the future?

I’m glad he’s leaving. He’s got bags of talent and needs a new environment at a good level. If he applies himself he could yet make a go of it and, in time, challenge for place in the national team. It may seem a way off but there’s no doubting his ability. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

For years we have had something go wrong between 18 and 21 with our good players.   Didn’t cut it in the kick and rush of the lower leagues when out on loan, and not good enough for hearts first team.  Maybe if we had colt teams he could have stayed at hearts.

He should look at players like Gauld, Hendry, Holsgrove and consider moving abroad to broaden his horizon.

It's not a bad thing leaving Hearts as Robbie Nieson isn't exactly going to make you a better player... with his long ball mantra.

He is still only 19. He's got time on his hands. His next move has to be the right one, though.

28 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

For years we have had something go wrong between 18 and 21 with our good players.   Didn’t cut it in the kick and rush of the lower leagues when out on loan, and not good enough for hearts first team.  Maybe if we had colt teams he could have stayed at hearts.

Can't prove it but I doubt we are any worse than other countries in thinking young players haven't progressed as much as expected.

41 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

i never understood hearts sending him out on loan. he was impressive for hearts in the spl and should of stayed at that level.

It was during that very strange period where Hearts played a load of young players & did well... then signed a whole new team & chucked all their young players and instantly were relegated. 

Edited by ProudScot

On 4/18/2021 at 5:45 PM, ProudScot said:

It was during that very strange period where Hearts played a load of young players & did well... then signed a whole new team & chucked all their young players and instantly were relegated. 

Hearts played a load of young players & did well... = Cathro / latterly Levein

then signed a whole new team & chucked all their young players and instantly were relegated.  = Levein / Standel/ Neilson

Or is it something more than this? 

neilson had nothing to do with the demotion, he arrived after.  Stendel played a specific style of football that required high press and young and old players were dropped eg Berra.  The timing of the demotion was due to COVID and not the fact young players were dropped.