Euro 2020: Injury list - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020: Injury list

Taylor1996

11 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

It's bad enough worrying about players being injured in training or friendlies, then you throw Covid into the mix! :ph34r:

I reckon this'll probably be the deciding factor on who ends up winning the whole thing rather than the football itself.  Germany don't look anything special on paper but, based on purely lazy stereotyping, would  imagine they'll be pretty good at managing it.    

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, wanderer said:

all the squad were tested and everyone returned a negative test for flying onward to Portugal.

problem is that they may test negative just now but become positive throughout the incubation period. 

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

problem is that they may test negative just now but become positive throughout the incubation period. 

There is also the close contacts rules that have wrecked us before. 

Better for this to happen now than in 2 weeks. But I'd love to know the story behind this. They are meant to be in a very tightly secured bubble.

Edited by Tartan blood

6 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

There is also the close contacts rules that have wrecked us before. 

Better for this to happen now than in 2 weeks. But I'd love to know the story behind this. They are meant to be in a very tightly secured bubble.

The squad met up 4 days ago and the virus has an incubation period of 5 or more days.

If Fleck doesn’t have any symptoms then hopefully it’s a false positive. If he actually has the virus then others in the squad may have it as well. 

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The squad met up 4 days ago and the virus has an incubation period of 5 or more days.

If Fleck doesn’t have any symptoms then hopefully it’s a false positive. If he actually has the virus then others in the squad may have it as well. 

My thoughts exactly. It would probably be smart to just call this game off. I know I would if I were Dutch. 

9 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

This has the potential of destroying Euro 2020.

They should've just given England the whole thing and closed the borders. All this going back and forth, with players and staff and fans, is lunacy

I thought they might have found a way to vaccinate all the players before teh tournament. But nope, they haven't. And still decided to continue with this multi-city tournament. It was a stupid idea in the first place, even before Covid.

If it's not too late, I'd just keep McTominay and Gilmour miles away from the squad for a few days until we know for certain it is safe. Same goes for likely replacements e.g Gauld, Griffths, Considine, Paterson etc etc. Don't call anyone new up until we have to.

If we have a big outbreak, we'll need a lot of players in reserve.

1 minute ago, Tartan blood said:

If it's not too late, I'd just keep McTominay and Gilmour miles away from the squad for a few days until we know for certain it is safe. Same goes for likely replacements e.g Gauld, Griffths, Considine, Paterson etc etc. Don't call anyone new up until we have to.

If we have a big outbreak, we'll need a lot of players in reserve.

They wouldn't be travelling to Portugal if it wasn't safe. If there were any real serious concerns the game tomorrow would have been cancelled already. 

17 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Wild too that the SFA didn't somehow vaccinate the whole squad and staff.

I do not think the Vaccine is available outside of the NHS in the UK, otherwise everyone with the money would be getting it done through private clinics.

Most offers to get it done private I have seen mostly involve flying to Turkey or Bulgaria to get it done in a clinic there.

12 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

They wouldn't be travelling to Portugal if it wasn't safe. If there were any real serious concerns the game tomorrow would have been cancelled already. 

Well they thought Spain was safe as well. Though Fleck could have picked it up in England.

The news broke like an hour ago. I wouldn't bet against it being called off after a Dutch investigation.

Well if they cancel every game over the next month due to one Covid case in a squad we'll still be playing it at Christmas. This isn't the first and wont be the last over the next month.  Dutch goalie also missing tomorrow for the same reason. 

I would imagine the squad were tested last week before they flew and they again yesterday ahead of tomorrow. Hopefully just a false positive. 

I'm not massively worried about this at the moment, there have been numerous instances in the past whereby players have tested positive and it hasn't spread throughout the rest of the team.

He'll have likely caught this prior to meeting up with the squad due to known incubation periods, so no suggestion at this time that there is any issue with how the SFA are running their operation. We'll also have hopefully caught his infection pretty quickly before he'll have had much chance to spread it to anyone else, which is good news. I assume that every player will have their own rooms to minimise contact in that regard.

The players will likely now be tested daily to keep an eye on things and if anyone tests positive in the next few days, that should be caught before it causes any major issues.

3 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

I'm not massively worried about this at the moment, there have been numerous instances in the past whereby players have tested positive and it hasn't spread throughout the rest of the team.

He'll have likely caught this prior to meeting up with the squad due to known incubation periods, so no suggestion at this time that there is any issue with how the SFA are running their operation. We'll also have hopefully caught his infection pretty quickly before he'll have had much chance to spread it to anyone else, which is good news. I assume that every player will have their own rooms to minimise contact in that regard.

The players will likely now be tested daily to keep an eye on things and if anyone tests positive in the next few days, that should be caught before it causes any major issues.

On BBC website that Clarke has confirmed that they are 99% certain he brought it into camp. No symptoms and that he will be tested everyday and they he needs to return a couple of negative tests. Though they are not 100% sure on the Spanish guidance for isolation. 

On 6/1/2021 at 12:56 PM, wanderer said:

I do not think the Vaccine is available outside of the NHS in the UK, otherwise everyone with the money would be getting it done through private clinics.

Most offers to get it done private I have seen mostly involve flying to Turkey or Bulgaria to get it done in a clinic there.

I didn't realise that, I would have thought UEFA would have gotten their hands on a 1000 or so, to make sure everyone involved directly with the 24 teams would have been vaccinated.