Euro 2020: Injury list - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020: Injury list

Taylor1996

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Aaron Hickey: Out.

Ryan Jack: Out.

Kenny McLean: Doubt*

Oliver McBurnie: Doubt.

Jack Hendry: Doubt.

Grant Hanley: Doubt*

Lyndon Dykes: Doubt*

*Picked up knocks yesterday.

I near shit masell when I saw Dykes on that list. Went back to previous post..👍

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I know. 

But he did come off, so it might be something. Hanley was limping during the 1st half, but played on.

If players take even the slightest of knocks, I'll err on the side of caution and flag it.

Hopefully all the players on "doubt" are given a clean bill of health, especially Dykes.

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Don't worry Ramy. He can have a nice rest for a couple of weeks now, none of those pesky play offs to deal with.

41 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Hendry was playing for Osteand today. Subbed after 72 minutes and his team lost 5-3. 3-2 down when he went off

That's a strange one. Suppose the shoulder injury wasn't as bad as they thought.

Wonder why he went off.

1 hour ago, Burj_Alba said:

Don't worry Ramy. He can have a nice rest for a couple of weeks now, none of those pesky play offs to deal with.

That's good news Alba. Cheers pal..👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

That's shite for Kenny :(

We'll be forever grateful for his cool penalty taking. 

Big blow for him. Should be invited along to the games as part of the support team. Never let Scotland down.

We are well covered in that area so team shouldn't be affected.

It’s a shame for McLean he will be gutted.

In reality though the injuries to McBurnie & McLean open the door for players who are more talented I.e. Gilmour, Gauld, Nisbet etc.

If Liam Palmer can get a wee injury & Nathan Patterson can take his place then things will work out even better. Sorry Liam. 

3 hours ago, loanhead-tartan said:

McLean out the euros now according to the sun . Opens the door for gilmour surely 

Genuinely gutted for McLean. With Jack out, and McGinn likely to play further forward, he'd probably have been my choice to play defensive mid alongside McTominay. Unfortunately, this all but guarantees McGregor will be in the first 11.

Clarke is in a bit of a tricky situation. Before he had the excuse of player loyalty and group dynamics to not call up Gilmour, Turnbull, Gauld etc. Now with a few injuries, he is running out of excuses.

I can just imagine the backlash if the likes of Callum Paterson, Graeme Shinnie, Barry Bannan etc get called up first. (No disrespect to those players, I like them all)

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

In reality though the injuries to McBurnie & McLean open the door for players who are more talented I.e. Gilmour, Gauld, Nisbet etc.

If Liam Palmer can get a wee injury & Nathan Patterson can take his place then things will work out even better. Sorry Liam. 

It would be ideal wouldn't it but  sadly Liam played his part in his clubs final game relegation on Saturday so it looks like we're stuck with him. 

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

Genuinely gutted for McLean. With Jack out, and McGinn likely to play further forward, he'd probably have been my choice to play defensive mid alongside McTominay. Unfortunately, this all but guarantees McGregor will be in the first 11.

Clarke is in a bit of a tricky situation. Before he had the excuse of player loyalty and group dynamics to not call up Gilmour, Turnbull, Gauld etc. Now with a few injuries, he is running out of excuses.

I can just imagine the backlash if the likes of Callum Paterson, Graeme Shinnie, Barry Bannan etc get called up first. (No disrespect to those players, I like them all)

With McLean n Jack both out there probably has never been a better chance for Shinnie to make the squad.

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

Yeh you've got to feel for Kenny, for me not a first choice but certainly worth his squad place.

Whatever his Scotland future is I'm sure he will always hold cult hero status for his bravery & quality pens. 

I think Bannan is done at this level & the mere thought of Paterson & Shinnie getting called up would have the blood boiling of quite a few (inc me) on here but they are the type of player Clarke seems to like so we better prepare ourselves for that shit scenerio. 

If instead he chooses Gilmour + Gauld or Turnbull then we will all be buzzing & looking forward to messiah Clarke giving us a memorable summer 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤞

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

You’re wishing an injury on a player that has never let us down (in terms of turning up anyway) so that an uncapped player that won’t feature again for Rangers this season (and likely wouldn’t play at the euros anyway) can take his place in a tournament he helped us get to?  

Poor show indeed. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You’re wishing an injury on a player that has never let us down (in terms of turning up anyway) so that an uncapped player that won’t feature again for Rangers this season (and likely wouldn’t play at the euros anyway) can take his place in a tournament he helped us get to?  

Poor show indeed. 

Agreed. 

As for McLean i really feel for him. 

Was the coolest man in Belgrade.