Ryan Jack out of Euros - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Jack out of Euros

kumnio

Bit of a blow as jack protects the back four quite well and theres a good chance he would of started. I suppose it opens up the door for guys like turnbull and gilmour although they are different types of midfielders. perhaps moving mctominay back into midfield will be done as he does defensive duties quite well.

A midfield of these three would be my choice going forward.

mctominay mcgregor

mcginn

This is a huge blow. He was a huge miss against Austria and Israel and I worry we’ll continue to ship soft goals by sitting off players. A solution might be to play Tierney in the Jack role, I guess alongside McTominay. I don’t trust McGregor to engage players properly. McLean is the other alternative to Jack from the previous squad, I suppose. 

Huge blow as had played well in his last few games for Scotland, let's hope Tierney makes it.

Got to make sure we have the right player in Jack's position and it also opens the door slightly for others 

Edited by prideothenorth

This is a massive blow, he is unique in terms of being no nonsense and helps defense. Might have to bring back Shinnie, I know we have better defenders but in terms to being similar to Jack I can't think of anyone else. 

Big miss as he brings energy and solidity to the midfield. He brought a different style to the rest of our midfield options and we don't really have another option like him. Campbell and McCrorie are probably the closest in style but aren't there yet.

Gutted for him on a personal level aswell. Missed Rangers winning the title and now misses the EURO's. 

2 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

A player that definitely won me over and was solid through the playoffs. 

McLean to come in for me. Chance maybe for McCrorie to come into the squad. 

Me, too.

McLean fills me with dread in that role. As much as I like him.

McCorie or Shinnie have to be included.