Kudela banned from Euros - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kudela banned from Euros

Third Lanark

8 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Good. Should be 12 months. UEFA have totally shat it tbh and taken the easy route out. 

Hopefully they will start increasing these bans but I don't think it's something you can do overnight.

Clubs should be responsible as well but they will just deny everything no matter what.

Just now, Malcolm said:

UEFA shat it...  no point in taking the knee now... meaningless.

Is anyone still doing that? I just realised I haven’t seen the start of a football match for a few weeks but I thought most clubs had binned it. 

5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hopefully they will start increasing these bans but I don't think it's something you can do overnight.

Clubs should be responsible as well but they will just deny everything no matter what.

That’s all very true. The court will probably increase Kudelas ban. Could see him getting sacked yet. 

The punishment will always be the bare minimum. Nothing will change that, unless there's an independent adjudicator. 

UEFA and FIFA might talk a big game about "anti racism" but when push comes to shove, they will not want to upset clubs.

In other sports, if you've found guilty of partaking in a despicable act, you're banned for years. 

In snooker, Stephen Lee was banned for 12 years for match fixing. And that's a minority sport with only a fraction of the wealth of football.