Billy Gilmour - Page 26 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/1/2021 at 11:51 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Great move for Gilmour, Norwich play decent football. 

Can't actually believe there are folk that wanted him to sign for Rangers.

He left Rangers for a reason. 

Although the Rangers he left is not the same as the team now. A lot of positive progress has been made.

Norwich is a good move for him.

If he'd have gone to Rangers for a season, like any young skilful player who has a go up here he'd have had the living fuck kicked out of him by the designated hatchet men most other Scottish Premiership sides have and risked serious injury.

And no, that's not "character building experience" - that's moron talk.

5 hours ago, Bino's said:

That's a 451

Absolutely no one plays 3 genuine strikers 

It's a 433 without 3 strikers

Two of your "midfielders"  play closer to the forward than they do to the midfield. They also play wider than they would in a 4321 so they are not behind the striker. Hence 433.

I keep saying our best recent performances were the 4-0 against Albania and the 3-2 against Israel in those two games we played a front three of Fraser,Fletcher and Forrest and I'm sure you will agree they were a lot more entertaining than the dross served up recently.

Croatia beat us playing 433 with Perisic and Vlasic closer to their main striker than they were to the  remainder of he midfield. Having said that Modric was everywhere.

We have far better players now for the three central midfielders and I think, Fraser, Mcginn,Christie,Gauld and Turnbull could all play the forward roles. They can all carry the ball towards the box and they can all deliver short killer passes.

IMO it's better to lose playing to win than to lose playing not to lose.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

It's a 433 without 3 strikers

Two of your "midfielders"  play closer to the forward than they do to the midfield. They also play wider than they would in a 4321 so they are not behind the striker. Hence 433.

I keep saying our best recent performances were the 4-0 against Albania and the 3-2 against Israel in those two games we played a front three of Fraser,Fletcher and Forrest and I'm sure you will agree they were a lot more entertaining than the dross served up recently.

Croatia beat us playing 433 with Perisic and Vlasic closer to their main striker than they were to the  remainder of he midfield. Having said that Modric was everywhere.

We have far better players now for the three central midfielders and I think, Fraser, Mcginn,Christie,Gauld and Turnbull could all play the forward roles. They can all carry the ball towards the box and they can all deliver short killer passes.

IMO it's better to lose playing to win than to lose playing not to lose.

No one has played with three strikers this century 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was on the bench for Killie 17s last weekend in a cup final so he'll have a bit to do before hes at Chelsea I think.

Not bad for a 15 year old tbf

43 minutes ago, aaid said:

Not bad for a 15 year old tbf

I think it's more the over hype he has gotten due to who his brother is and that he plays the same position and style. Too many getting ahead of themselves and hoping for 2 young brothers who are technically gifted and would completely change our style of play to a team that dominates the ball.

At the same age Billy was playing for the Rangers u20s and training with the Rangers first team. I'm not running Harvey down just Gilmour was a special talent, a level above back then aswell.

Hopefully Harvey develops as his own man and doesn't get drowned under the pressure of being hyped as Gilmour's younger brother. Too many players have been lost over expectations of who their relative was.

In saying that if given the chance he should follow a similar career path and join Chelsea at 16 like his brother. The level of facilities, coaching and player will just be so far above what he'll get at Kilmarnock (same with Billy at Rangers)

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Never said it wasn't. He might turn out a great player but his bro was training with Rangers first team at 15.

Folk need to calm down with the comparisons, that's all i'm saying.

Pretty promising playing at 1 or 2 years up. My wee lassie just passed an audition for Scottish Youth Ballet 😀. All the other girls about 2 years older than her. She asked us to pay for 2 hours of gymnastic coaching a week, just to help her in her ballet 😦😂. Great attitude and dedicated apart from her chocolate (dairy free) addiction. Her mum was a dancer when she was younger and says the wee one has a genuine chance. It's great to see kids doing what they love and being dedicated and strong. Not all will make it so you can only hope they keep at it at a lower level just for enjoyment. I got punted from the Ayrshire schools trials when i was 17 for being to wee 😂. It was a massive step too far for me but I played Uni and amateur into my thirties 👍

7 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im presuming its Harvey Gilmour that was with Billy and his parents in the Norwich loan signing video.

If so he has some good ball control but looks tiny for his age.

Aye it was and yeah hes a good bit smaller than Billy. 

Heard nothing but good things about him but folk need to stop putting massive expectations on him. Hopefully he has a great career though. The more the merrier

4 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Pretty promising playing at 1 or 2 years up. My wee lassie just passed an audition for Scottish Youth Ballet 😀. All the other girls about 2 years older than her. She asked us to pay for 2 hours of gymnastic coaching a week, just to help her in her ballet 😦😂. Great attitude and dedicated apart from her chocolate (dairy free) addiction. Her mum was a dancer when she was younger and says the wee one has a genuine chance. It's great to see kids doing what they love and being dedicated and strong. Not all will make it so you can only hope they keep at it at a lower level just for enjoyment. I got punted from the Ayrshire schools trials when i was 17 for being to wee 😂. It was a massive step too far for me but I played Uni and amateur into my thirties 👍

Ha good stuff. Wish I was that good at any sport!

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2021 at 8:28 AM, Toepoke said:

As a Killie fan I'd be delighted if Harvey turns out to be as talented as Billy, but we have previous when it comes to signing great players' "less good" brothers. 

Just been released by Kilmarnock.  

• 2 months later...

Looks like Caicedo on the move for Brighton now.  Not sure what type of midfielder he is but surely frees up even more space for Gilmour. Brighton are going to be absolutely minted now tho on the flip side so could go out and buy replacements