Billy Gilmour - Page 25 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

51 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I don’t think you’re giving the Chelsea coaches much credit there. They’ll know exactly how well he has or hasn’t done.

Of course they will but about how much weight they give to the performances. They had a player Connor Gallagher who is about same age as Gilmour. Played very well for WBA in centre mid last season however I doubt he will be anywhere near starting for Chelsea this season despite being one of WBAs best performers.

However if he had played in the overperforming West Ham side that was towards the top of the table then there might be more calls for him to be given a run.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Great move for Gilmour, Norwich play decent football. 

Can't actually believe there are folk that wanted him to sign for Rangers.

He left Rangers for a reason. 

Norwich will be a good move. Tuchel and Farke used to work together at Dortmund. Farke was u23 coach there and Dortmund are renowned for bringing through young players.

Tuchel is no fool, he realises Gilmour is a huge talent. He's sending him to someone he trusts to help continue his development. From a Scotland point of view, this is an excellent development.

6 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Norwich will be a good move. Tuchel and Farke used to work together at Dortmund. Farke was u23 coach there and Dortmund are renowned for bringing through young players.

Tuchel is no fool, he realises Gilmour is a huge talent. He's sending him to someone he trusts to help continue his development. From a Scotland point of view, this is an excellent development.

Well we know it is inevitable Gilmour will be a regular in the Scotland team for at least a decade. But this loan deal means we might start to get the best from him sooner, rather than later. It could be a huge boost for the World Cup qualifiers. 

17 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Well we know it is inevitable Gilmour will be a regular in the Scotland team for at least a decade. But this loan deal means we might start to get the best from him sooner, rather than later. It could be a huge boost for the World Cup qualifiers. 

Clarke totally blew it. 

13 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Clarke totally blew it. 

For the first game, maybe, the last game, it was taken out of his hands.

I'm starting to think this tournament was really just a learning experience for the squad and management. We did a lot right, but quite a lot wrong as well.

By the next tournament, we'll be far more prepared. And our best players will (hopefully) be even better than they are now.

10 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I'm starting to think this tournament was really just a learning experience for the squad and management. We did a lot right, but quite a lot wrong as well.

By the next tournament, we'll be far more prepared. And our best players will (hopefully) be even better than they are now.

Certainly our players will continue to improve. I think we’d have beaten at least one of Israel or Austria if Gilmour had played, and quite possibly the Czechs. 

It could be that he and Kenny McLean form a great club partnership and become a drop in for the two holding midfield roles for us. Be interesting to see how that partnership develops.

personally hoping that we go back to one striker and play four tight in the middle of the park.

10 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

It could be that he and Kenny McLean form a great club partnership and become a drop in for the two holding midfield roles for us. Be interesting to see how that partnership develops.

personally hoping that we go back to one striker and play four tight in the middle of the park.

Could be except that I think Calum McGregor is a better player than McLean, but if he keeps his place beside BG at Norwich then it's an interesting dilemma.

A good move for him and a good signing for Norwich. He's at a stage in his career now where he really has to be playing regularly in order to progress.

He might not be competing for trophies like he would at Chelsea but if he can help keep Norwich up that'd almost be as good as.

20 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Certainly our players will continue to improve. I think we’d have beaten at least one of Israel or Austria if Gilmour had played, and quite possibly the Czechs. 

Be interesting to replay the Czech game with Gilmour in CM, Patterson in for O’Donnell & Marshall on his goal line. 

22 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I'm pretty annoyed with every game since we beat Israel 3-2.

Good attacking football that night and as a follow on from the 4-0 in Albania thought we were getting somewhere. 

And without Tierney in the side playing four at the back. Just remember Albania got a player sent off early on too.

If you want a return to that formation then you force Tierney into a centre-back spot curtailing (somewhat) his greatest asset of the attacking thrust he gives us.

38 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And without Tierney in the side playing four at the back. Just remember Albania got a player sent off early on too.

If you want a return to that formation then you force Tierney into a centre-back spot curtailing (somewhat) his greatest asset of the attacking thrust he gives us.

Or he could play central midfield or left midfield in a 4-5-1. Pundits keep saying he can play anywhere, and I think those two positions would be comfortable for him. He could still defend and he could still attack. 

On 7/1/2021 at 7:00 PM, Tartan blood said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Gilmour has retired before we qualify again. :lol:

2 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Or he could play central midfield or left midfield in a 4-5-1. Pundits keep saying he can play anywhere, and I think those two positions would be comfortable for him. He could still defend and he could still attack. 

Perhaps worth looking at. Play Adams up front with supporting from Fraser or Christie.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Perhaps worth looking at. Play Adams up front with supporting from Fraser or Christie.

Same 433 as the Israel game with Mctominay Gilmour and Tierney as the deeper midfielders any two of our attacking  midfielders with Adams or the guy who shan't be named up front. 

At least pretend we are scared of no one. It's not like we can do any worse than bore ourselves to death with this back five stuff. 

23 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

As long as the 2 wide players in our 'back' 5 can push on and become an attacking threat, it can work. Not with O'Donnell for me, but I can get optimistic about it being Patterson and Robertson.

We need to play a 5 in midfield and keep possession like a modern football team 

21 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Be interesting to replay the Czech game with Gilmour in CM, Patterson in for O’Donnell & Marshall on his goal line. 

Be interesting to replay the England game without Gilmour in midfield 

We might just have gone long ball all day that game too