Billy Gilmour - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour


Taylor1996
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, exile said:

I’m not going to complain, but we are at it if we are continuing with the story that Billy Gilmore has had no in squad close contacts. It’s just incredible to think otherwise. 
 

J

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Mount and Chilwell now out after coming into contact with Gilmour but nobody else in our squad is out?  Seems a bit far fetched.  

I don’t think they are definitely out of their game tomorrow yet. They appear to be isolating while the FA are in talks with PHE about the next steps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Texas Pete said:

I don’t think they are definitely out of their game tomorrow yet. They appear to be isolating while the FA are in talks with PHE about the next steps. 

Yeah few journalists reporting they still might be available and have done it be on the safe side following contact with Gilmour awaiting clarification from authorities.  Presumably we just knew the script following the Netherlands issues.    

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

I’m not going to complain, but we are at it if we are continuing with the story that Billy Gilmore has had no in squad close contacts. It’s just incredible to think otherwise. 
 

J

Absolutely, if we are applying the same protocols that England appear to be using, it is entirely unbelievable that nobody in our camp had close contact with Gilmour. If the two England players are indeed self isolating, we may not have heard the last of it. Guidance suggests you have to self isolate even with a negative test due to the length of the incubation period.

I’m just hoping we get through to tomorrow with no more withdrawals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, phart said:

Yeah, unlucky but lucky at the same time, could have been a lot worse. Wonder who he caught it off mind you.

 

Doubt it will be a false positive .The false positive rate is something like 0.03% for one test. Then they would have done a PCR to confirm i imagine.

I believe they are testing every player every day. Over the space of two weeks that's about 9000 tests. Then we should add in all the staff associated with each team who will also be getting tested. I'm surprised there haven't been more false positives. Hopefully it is a false positive. He still won't be able to play but at least he also can't pass it on to anyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I believe they are testing every player every day. Over the space of two weeks that's about 9000 tests. Then we should add in all the staff associated with each team who will also be getting tested. I'm surprised there haven't been more false positives. Hopefully it is a false positive. He still won't be able to play but at least he also can't pass it on to anyone else.

Gonnae  no test any of our players tomorrow 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Don't you follow the news? All of our squad were tested and returned a negative result. End of the matter.

There's incubation periods though. If "the matter" is establishing whether covid-19 is replicating in your body it isn;t finished.

It's a case of following the protocols though. We have 25 players available not sure what the argument is tbh, you follow whatever has been established as the protocols.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I believe they are testing every player every day. Over the space of two weeks that's about 9000 tests. Then we should add in all the staff associated with each team who will also be getting tested. I'm surprised there haven't been more false positives. Hopefully it is a false positive. He still won't be able to play but at least he also can't pass it on to anyone else.

How many false positive have we had? 0.023% is the false positive rate according to some professor of statistics at bristol uni who has been using the Shetland and Orkney lateral flow tests to work it out and that's with the assumption that all LFT are false positives.

every 10,000 tests will get a false postive for one test for a LFT, but then you need a PCR confirmation to then return a false positive as well which is even lower rate.

EDIT: If they're just making announcements off one test then yeah would expect more they are probably not counting a LFT positive as a positive without confirming it though with a PCR

Edited by phart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mentalist said:

Is this why they had the teams base in England, I've heard if it was in Scotland the whole squad would have to isolate.

 

6 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Yes

No. Our base is in England because our preferred bases in Scotland were already booked by Croatia and Czech Republic. 

If this had happened in Scotland the whole squad would not have been required to isolate. That is complete nonsense. Close contacts would have been identified and if any were found they would have needed to isolate. 

I think the rules for identifying if someone is a close contact may be different up here (1m instead of 2m possibly) so it is possible that close contacts may have been identified had the squad be based in Scotland but it wouldn’t have meant the whole squad would have had to isolate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, phart said:

How many false positive have we had? 0.023% is the false positive rate according to some professor of statistics at bristol uni who has been using the Shetland and Orkney lateral flow tests to work it out and that's with the assumption that all LFT are false positives.

every 10,000 tests will get a false postive for one test for a LFT, but then you need a PCR confirmation to then return a false positive as well which is even lower rate.

EDIT: If they're just making announcements off one test then yeah would expect more they are probably not counting a LFT positive as a positive without confirming it though with a PCR

Aye, you're right. I'd forgotten that they probably have two positive tests. One of each type. Makes a huge difference. :ok:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

I have one username, a-*ole (that goes for all the paranoid army)

Stfu.

I got locked out of this board for a few weeks or so, I see that other people had the same problem. I got back on one day and read some posts (mainly posts from someone shoehorning Rangers into every thread) and thought - not missing much here, I’ll not bother anymore. Then I came on for a look after Gilmour tested positive (gutted about it but trust that Clarke will do the best he can, personally I’d go with Fleck) and saw this.

Tidy is probably the nicest, least insulting and fairest poster on here. You have no self awareness at all and seem like a very arrogant, self centred individual. In fact, if I’m honest, you’re a cnut.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

It would be nice to post without someone coming into the thread, to contribute nothing than to insult me.

 

:moon: :lol:

Edited by Tiny Tim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...