Billy Gilmour - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It was the tone of the post - almost like its a disgrace kick out his close contacts too. FFS do we want a fighting chance to go through or not?

reality of the situation, like it or not.  The point is we may have to put out a makeshift team.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

It isn't.

McGregor and x might be decent players, but Gilmour is the only who demands and wants to take the ball in tight spaces and from the defence. That was the big difference from both matches.

We're fucked.

So how come we beat Croatia before and Serbia when many folk had never heard of Gilmour? We drew with Netherlands without him too, albeit a friendly.

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

So how come we beat Croatia before and Serbia when many folk had never heard of Gilmour? We drew with Netherlands without him too, albeit a friendly.

When's the most recent time we played Croatia?

Serbia? Penalties.

I'm so disappointed. To go out this way is... absolutely gutting. 

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Why?  

When we lost fleck it was our choice to stop 6 others playing.

We have tested 25 others - negative. 

We have been told that nobody else needs to self isolate.

All players trained today and are available tomorrow.

I'll stick to the facts and everyone else can carry on with made up rubbish and complete speculation. 

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

When's the most recent time we played Croatia?

Serbia? Penalties.

I'm so disappointed. To go out this way is... absolutely gutting. 

A ball hasn't been kicked and we are out?

I'm not saying we will win but to say we are out is pretty disrespectful to the other 25 players. 

Just now, GaryWood34 said:

A ball hasn't been kicked and we are out?

I'm not saying we will win but to say we are out is pretty disrespectful to the other 25 players. 

It's a major kick in the teeth.

No one in the squad can do what Gilmour can do, to the level he can do it at. There's a reason 100% of the people here wanted him to start all three group matches.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/billy-gilmour-positive-test-sends-24364081

Robertson and McGinn played table tennis with him. It'll just sum up our luck if all three have to self isolate.

Fuck sake!

A table tennis table is 9ft long ffs. Its played socially distanced. It's the whole reason table tennis is one of the activities put on for them. 

Stop being a drama Queen. 

Just now, Parklife said:

A table tennis table is 9ft long ffs. Its played socially distanced. It's the whole reason table tennis is one of the activities put on for them. 

Stop being a drama Queen. 

They could've swapped sides during the match for all we know, thus, being touch tight.

It's a blow but the players certainly won't be giving up. The entire team can and will step up and deliver their best performance. If we play with 3-5-2 maybe Christie will come in and be that player to carry the ball forward. 

They could've swapped sides during the match for all we know, thus, being touch tight.

They could've went upstairs and started phucking after the game too. 

No point just making up things they "could've" done though. 

5 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/billy-gilmour-positive-test-sends-24364081

Robertson and McGinn played table tennis with him. It'll just sum up our luck if all three have to self isolate.

Fuck sake!

Robertson, Tierney, Hanley, McTominay and McGinn would all be bigger blows than Gilmour. I think he is awesome, but he might not even have played versus Croatia anyway.