Billy Gilmour - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

FFS : of all our players.... heartbreak.  Worryingly he must have had close contact with rest of the squad?

Oddly the UEFA fantasy football app had him listed as "out" yesterday.  Assumed it must be nonsense.  Obviously not. Something odd : where did he get it?

A false positive possibly? 

Not sure if he has any symptoms.

There’s no doubt Gilmour being out is a blow but if it is true that there are no close contacts then we may have dodged a bullet here. 

If there are close contacts and we lose 6/7 players we are pretty much Donald Ducked. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

There’s no doubt Gilmour being out is a blow but if it is true that there are no close contacts then we may have dodged a bullet here. 

If there are close contacts and we lose 6/7 players we are pretty much Donald Ducked. 

Aye at this stage keeping the rest of the squad available is the most important thing. 

This could only happen to us.  🤦‍♂️

I hope he's okay.  Like others though, I'm finding it difficult to fathom how he can have no close contacts when he's spent most of the past three weeks with the rest of the squad.

36 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Likewise. Fleck would be the change with the least knock-on effects for our shape. Need to keep McTominay at centre-half after that performance on Friday.

Fleck is overweight and not very good , so it’s a no from me. 

6 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

FB0729B5-E47C-495B-B025-1754D8C3445E.jpeg

I’m pretty sure they said the same thing when Fleck tested positive then all of a sudden six players were left behind in Spain  “as a precaution”.  I’m taking nothing for granted until the team is announced tomorrow. 

How it works is if someone tests positive unless work colleagues show symptoms then they are deemed fit for work. All remaining 25 players trained today and were in good spirits going by Sky Sports News. I am presuming the whole squad has been tested as a precaution and all returned negative results.

7 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

How it works is if someone tests positive unless work colleagues show symptoms then they are deemed fit for work. All remaining 25 players trained today and were in good spirits going by Sky Sports News. I am presuming the whole squad has been tested as a precaution and all returned negative results.

It’s probably different for elite athletes.

J

Just now, Bristolhibby said:

It’s probably different for elite athletes.

J

Yes ...more stringent. I'd guess as soon as Gilmour tested positive everyone else was tested as a precaution or anyone in close proximity ie eating and rooming with him would have been tested or the whole squad. But later all 25 remaining squad were training so that says they are all deemed fit and healthy.

46 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Fine. Lets just pull out. Is that what we have come to?

Craig, if it’s just one player out, of course we have to suck it up and move on. While it’s a blow, we still have a chance.

I think the thing people are more worried about is the close contacts and I’m sure some people find it incredulous that there are none. If my wife or kids test positive and I have no symptoms and even if I test negative for now, I still have to self isolate.

It sounds like the SFA have confirmed what you are saying and if that’s accepted then great. Doesn’t stop it sounding pretty weird.

1 minute ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Craig, if it’s just one player out, of course we have to suck it up and move on. While it’s a blow, we still have a chance.

I think the thing people are more worried about is the close contacts and I’m sure some people find it incredulous that there are none. If my wife or kids test positive and I have no symptoms and even if I test negative for now, I still have to self isolate.

It sounds like the SFA have confirmed what you are saying and if that’s accepted then great. Doesn’t stop it sounding pretty weird.

It was the tone of the post - almost like its a disgrace kick out his close contacts too. FFS do we want a fighting chance to go through or not?