Billy Gilmour - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

It's a dent to the squad, but we're more than covered in midfield. If Tierney went again, I'd be more worried

Good point. But no way of sugar coating this, it’s a massive blow.

Christ, we get the stuffing knocked out of us even without playing a bloody game!

J

4 minutes ago, Templeton_Peck said:

This will be so deflating for the squad. So important now that Steve Clarke lifts them.

Mctominay back in midfield and bring hendry or cooper back in ??

Either that or Armstrong back in midfield but we don’t really have a like for like player. 

FFS : of all our players.... heartbreak.  Worryingly he must have had close contact with rest of the squad?

Oddly the UEFA fantasy football app had him listed as "out" yesterday.  Assumed it must be nonsense.  Obviously not. Something odd : where did he get it?

5 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Half the team will be close contacts 

We're fucked 

I might be missing something but I don’t see how practically the whole team and management team wouldn’t be close contacts?!

like the whole Spain squad had to isolate just before the Euros 

of course I hope I’m wrong 

1 minute ago, breeks_mctavish said:

I might be missing something but I don’t see how practically the whole team and management team wouldn’t be close contacts?!

like the whole Spain squad had to isolate just before the Euros 

of course I hope I’m wrong 

What would uefa do if a mass outbreak in a team happened. Surely, unfair to say 'tough luck, you're out'?

1 minute ago, Haggis_trap said:

FFS : of all our players.... heartbreak.  Worryingly he must have had close contact with rest of the squad?

Oddly the UEFA fantasy football app had him listed as "out" yesterday.  Assumed it must be nonsense.  Obviously not. Something odd : where did he get it?

My thoughts go back to pre-tournament when players were allowed to visit family for a day or two. That is where my money would be on? Remember there is an incubation period after catching it so you will return negative results. If that is the case then it must be asked what checks did SFA do on those they were visiting?

I was listening to Steven Reid on Sportsound on Saturday and he said the boys had a day off after the England game, and most of them had a game of golf organised. 

Wonder if Billy did something else?

It's a huge blow, no doubt about it, but we can still push on from this.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

What would uefa do if a mass outbreak in a team happened. Surely, unfair to say 'tough luck, you're out'?

Remember when we played the Czechs in the nations league and they picked an entirely different squad. Imagine we had to call up a whole new squad of players off their holidays haha!!

Edited by breeks_mctavish

5 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

They forced a team to play on minutes after one of them almost died.  They will give zero f**ks.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Providing a team has a minimum of 13 players including a goalkeeper the game will go ahead as scheduled.

If a team has less than 13 players available, the match will be rescheduled within the next 48 hours (I'm assuming this wouldn't happen due to quarantine regulations).

If a match cannot be rescheduled, UEFA take a decision on the outcome; most likely to result in a 3-0 loss per a forfeited match.

Regarding player replacements - only goalkeepers may be replaced during the tournament owing to serious injury/illness.