Billy Gilmour - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Brilliant video.

This makes me think of Nadal and his Dad. I remember reading that his Dad always pushed him hard and focussed on the negatives, and how he could improve, rather than coddling him. So, basically Gilmour will be in the top 3 best players in the world, just like Nadal. Conclusive.

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

This makes me think of Nadal and his Dad. I remember reading that his Dad always pushed him hard and focussed on the negatives, and how he could improve, rather than coddling him. So, basically Gilmour will be in the top 3 best players in the world, just like Nadal. Conclusive.

Yeah. I was thinking the exact same thing. It's the same with the Williams sisters and Tiger Woods.

I like that conclusion. ;)

Hopefully Billy's younger brother turns out to be another maestro. Imagine. It would be like Denmark and the Laudrup's.

Gilmour was absolutely superb. Bossed midfield on his full debut and brought other players into game. The real beauty was free-ing up McGinn to play further up park. With someone to accept ball it also brought best out of defence (who could play out) and McGregor.

Rolls Royce of a performance!

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I'm sure OPTA will correct me but I only saw one occasion where he lost the ball. Phenomenal full debut from him :ok:

91% pass completion and only gave it away 4 times - had eight interceptions too.  My Mrs  knows next to fuck all about football but when Dixon was saying he was struggling after 20 minutes even she knew he was havering bollocks.  

Guest Scot1

Gilmour has to potential to be the most important player Scotland has ever produced. 
It maybe because of Billy that we change the style of football we play from a direct style to a more possession based game at international level. 
Young Scottish kids will be watching Gilmour and saying, “I wanna play football like Billy”, coaches should use this opportunity to instil a passing/possession based game while Billy is around. 

1 hour ago, Scot1 said:

Gilmour has to potential to be the most important player Scotland has ever produced. 
It maybe because of Billy that we change the style of football we play from a direct style to a more possession based game at international level. 
Young Scottish kids will be watching Gilmour and saying, “I wanna play football like Billy”, coaches should use this opportunity to instil a passing/possession based game while Billy is around. 

That's a good point.

The one thing that Gilmour gives us is composure. So it gives us the option to mix it up.

Look at Spain. All fabulous talents, but all their players pretty much do the same thing. The balance we had in midfield vs England was the key to winning the midfield battle.