Billy Gilmour - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

8 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Yes, Foden played 23 and 25 league games in the last 2 seasons it seems. Billy has played 11 this season and is a year and a bit younger. He probably plays in an area of the pitch which has more responsibility and therefore is seen as more of a risk. He will continue to fill out physically in the next couple of years and that will have an influence on his manager. 

I think he should be pushing for a loan as I think 20 starts is what he might expect next season and that wouldn’t be ideal.

A year in Spain playing for a top 4 side would be good. 

I don’t have any doubts he’ll become a world class player but putting obstacles in his way is frustrating. 

Would be fantastic but seems unrealistic, he’s not played enough at Chelsea to expect Seville, the Madrid teams or Barcelona to take him on loan. 

He’ll get there, just needs a bit of luck and the right manager. 

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy Gilmour still showing he’s the best Scotland teenager I have seen. 
Comparisons to Foden are a bit harsh but understandable. Foden , was is England’s best teenager since Rooney. Rooney was at it from 16 

Edited by Shaundy
End bit

3 hours ago, bernie said:

Gilmour in the central midfield area for Liverpool feeding the Liverpool front 3 and those wingbacks, now that would be great to watch.

I’m convinced Guardiola is keeping tabs,he’s def his type of player

1 hour ago, JECK said:

I’m convinced Guardiola is keeping tabs,he’s def his type of player

I wouldn't complain if he went to City but I would prefer to see him in the Liverpool team.

12 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Going to city would be a terrible move. He would never get in ahead of de bruyne rodri gundogan silva etc. Hes way behind foden in development (I'm just comparing their development, I know they're not in the same position). 

13 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Going to city would be a terrible move. He would never get in ahead of de bruyne rodri gundogan silva etc. Hes way behind foden in development (I'm just comparing their development, I know they're not in the same position). 

Millner and Henderson are both in their 30's and it would be perfect for Gilmour to slot in alongside Henderson who still has a few years left to be fair. He could learn so much off Milner as well in training alone. I can see Fabinho and Henderson doing the hard stuff and Gilmour doing the rest.

4 minutes ago, bernie said:

Millner and Henderson are both in their 30's and it would be perfect for Gilmour to slot in alongside Henderson who still has a few years left to be fair. He could learn so much off Milner as well in training alone. I can see Fabinho and Henderson doing the hard stuff and Gilmour doing the rest.

Maybe Liverpool could work but Chelsea won't sell

42 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Maybe Liverpool could work but Chelsea won't sell

I guess the big question is how much do Chelsea think he's worth and how much are Liverpool willing to pay.

I don't think Liverpool would get away with the 10 million they paid for Andy Robertson but I'm sure they would see the sell on potential in the future and give Chelsea what they want, but what is he worth? My guess is around 25 million based on absolutely nothing. 

Theres no way Chelsea would sell Gilmour directly to a competitor. 

Whats more likely is that he will be loaned out / used as a squad player until he either breaks into the 1st team or is considered not good enough.

By that time his potential will be gone and he would end up where he ends up. Most likely mid table team.

I dont like talking about players in terms of age as some players need different things at different ages. However Gilmour has now reached the stage of his development where he needs to be part of a plan or to get regular 1st team football.

Pep clearly had a plan for Foden. Looks like something similar happening with Greenwood at Utd. Im not seeing any plan at Chelsea as its a must win now type of club.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Mid table? Gilmour is a world class player in the making. I’ve no doubt about that whatsoever. 

Ive no doubt that he has the quality and potential to be one of our best players ever. I think he could be a world class regular for an elite side however he wont become that if he is mismanaged for the next couple of years.

His quality will mean he will always be a good player and play for Scotland.

I see alot of simalarities with Barry Ferguson. He had the potential to be a top top European player but because of many things (mainly his love for Rangers and therefor lack of being pushed at the top level) he became just a really good player.

Guest Scot1

In my mind I’d try to mould Gilmour into something like Luca Modric, that’s how I’d like to see him develop and that’s the kind of role I’d envisage for him for Scotland 

14 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Ive no doubt that he has the quality and potential to be one of our best players ever. I think he could be a world class regular for an elite side however he wont become that if he is mismanaged for the next couple of years.

I see alot of simalarities with Barry Ferguson. He had the potential to be a top top European player but because of many things (mainly his love for Rangers and therefor lack of being pushed at the top level) he became just a really good player.

He is only contracted to Chelsea until 2023 so you would expect Chelsea to sell him a year from now to get some money. I can't see him being loaned out as he's only on around £13,000 per week, so better off in the Squad. If Liverpoool offer around 25 million I think they would take it. 

1 hour ago, Scot1 said:

In my mind I’d try to mould Gilmour into something like Luca Modric, that’s how I’d like to see him develop and that’s the kind of role I’d envisage for him for Scotland 

Gilmour's game intelligence and football instinct is such that the only moulding of his game will come from within. He now simply needs the opportunity to play with high quality players who can share his insight.

Guest Scot1
6 minutes ago, shug macdiarmid said:

Gilmour's game intelligence and football instinct is such that the only moulding of his game will come from within. He now simply needs the opportunity to play with high quality players who can share his insight.

I disagree

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

I’d agree with that. Ferguson should have been world class. It would take a significantly bad move for Gilmour to end up the same - but yes, he needs to be careful to get a balance of games versus staying at the top level when learning the game. 

4 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Think Barry joined the wrong club. Blackburn maybe had had their best days when he joined up.

4 hours ago, Scot1 said:

Funny I've thought that too. Something to do with his size and build and the way he moves.