Billy Gilmour - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Correct. I have a metronome when I practice my Bagpipe tunes..

Yep. Apparently, not everyone knows what it is. They'd rather spend their time being grammar nazis 😛

2 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I would even go up to 10+

Just now, killiefaetheferry said:

You took that too far. You'll be suggesting Tierney in midfield next... 🧐

Nah.

Let's keep midfielders that ball watch and let people shoot and pull the strings instead of closing them down.

That'll work...

25 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yep. Apparently, not everyone knows what it is. They'd rather spend their time being grammar nazis 😛

I would even go up to 10+

How do you no know the difference between spelling and grammar?

Thomas Tuchel outlines the one reason Billy Gilmour started for Chelsea against Fulham

Football fans can be a rather paranoid bunch (There's about a dozen people here who epitomise that and have empty straight jackets with their names on them), but I doubt there's anything sinister with regards to Tuchel's handling of Gilmour.

The same has happened to Tammy Abraham. He was hurtling towards Euro 2020 as he was banging the goals in for Chelsea. Now he will be watching Euro 2020 from home... or at the grounds, depending on Covid, etc.

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You one of the posters who wanked of over his control of the ball for the third last touch that lead to a goal in his previous game?

Was a pretty good performance for a not match fit defensive midfielder, and we don't have any of them.

If we want McTominay in defence we need him beside McGinn if we want McGinn further forward we want him beside McTominay. Only alternative is McTominay beside McGinn.

Much as I like Kenny McLean( the only other possibility for a defensive midfielder) Gilmour has to be in the squad for the two friendlies at least.

I’m not criticising his ability and I also would like him in the squad.

Hopefully he gets more starts now but I don’t think what he did yesterday will have put him in the frame for more just now sadly. 

Some nice words from Tuchel:

When asked about Gilmour's performance, he said: "Very, very good. He’s a confident guy, he’s well aware of his qualities, which is good.

"It was not necessary for him to convince me today because I’m already convinced, otherwise I would not have picked him for the line-up.

"So it was necessary that he plays his part, that he helps the team, and this is what he did. I’m happy for him."

Imagine the scenario:

Billy Gilmour ends the season with an FA Cup and European Cup winner's medal and he still misses out on a place in the Scotland Euro 2020 squad.

His place is taken by... well... does it matter? No matter who I name, they won't have the medal haul that Billy Gilmour (potentially) has this season.

On 5/6/2021 at 10:07 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

Well there is no real excuse either since the squad size has been increased to 26. Gilmour, Patterson and Turnbull have a far better ring to it than Liam Palmer, John Fleck and injured Ryan Jack. 

There are valid arguments against Gilmour and Patterson due to lack of game time, experience and age. (Though I'd select both in my 26)

Turnbull, on the other hand, has already won YPOTY when at Motherwell, has been nominated this year again, has played probably over 100 games, including a masterclass versus Lille, and has some outrageous stats regarding chance creation. 

The same could be said for Gauld. He's been on fire for 2 years now. 

Personally, I'd take all 4 of the aforementioned. But I'd be surprised if more than 1 makes it.

A really good 90 minutes.

He reminds me of peak John Collins (without the free kicks) with his technique, passing and the rate in which he sees the big picture.

Gilmour has the potential to be world class.

A player (especially midfielders) are judged by the amount of touches they get, as it underlines how quickly they see the big picture, etc. Today there were 11 players in midfield (including wing-backs and attacking midfielders) Gilmour came 2nd only before Rodri for touches.

Does Steve Clarke hibernate between Scotland matches? Apparently, he's never watched Ryan Gauld (a player who has contributed a goal every other match) and Gilmour is also being ignored.

There's no decision to be made. Billy Gilmour (and Ryan Gauld) have to be in the first XI, never mind the squad.

There's a great chance that Gilmour will end the season with an FA Cup winner's medal and a European Cup winner's medal. Thomas Tuchel has the better of Pep Guardiola, and Guardiola knows it. That's twice in a row Chelsea have beaten Manchester city.

Edited by Taylor1996

20 first team appearances for a really strong Chelsea side as a teenager (with hopefully a couple more to come), a handful of man of the match performances, now seemingly winning the trust of Tuchel. Surely it’s  inconceivable he’ll not be selected for the squad and put straight into the team.

18 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

The boy has always been a star, it’s just been a case of him playing enough games. 

He plays with and against world class players and is completely unfazed. He HAS to be in the squad at the very least.

In a nutshell if he was turnimg out for Rangers, Aston Villa etc he would be a shoe in lets hope common sense prevails as Scotland can't afford to overlook talent like this lad !!