Billy Gilmour - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Phil Foden has now played 150 matches. 20 years old. Now he's scored in the European Cup quarter finals. 

Billy Gilmour. 19 matches. He'll be 20 in two months.

Chelsea are an absolute shambles of a club, lead by their trigger happy Russian owner.

The sooner Billy Gilmour leaves, on a permanent basis, the better.

Those are impressive stats, especially for someone who still appears to have his hair cut by his maw.

Borussia Dortmund's goal the other night was scored by someone two years younger than Gilmour, who already features regularly for them and who already has international caps.

Gilmour has the talent, he just has to find somewhere where it is appreciated and where he'll be given a chance.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Those are impressive stats, especially for someone who still appears to have his hair cut by his maw.

Borussia Dortmund's goal the other night was scored by someone two years younger than Gilmour, who already features regularly for them and who already has international caps.

Gilmour has the talent, he just has to find somewhere where it is appreciated and where he'll be given a chance.

Yeah. Bellingham. 

As I stated earlier, Chelsea are a complete freak show of a football club.

Look at Manchester United. For the past 80 years (4,000 matches) they've had an academy graduate in their matchday squad. That is an incredible statistic.

I only think of Chelsea producing one player in recent history: John Terry. And even he was a United fan.

First time under Guardiola I've seen Manchester City smothered and choked.

Chelsea play our system (3-4-2-3) but the difference is, they have Kante and Jorgingo could never gave their midfield a moment's piece when they pressed into Chelsea's final third.

In 3 months he's moulded Chelsea into a machine and he's given then an identity, the first time they'd had one since Mourihno 1.0

Compare that to Arteta, who has been ar Arsenal for a year and a half and they look thoroughly clueless and lost.

People can say what they will about Thomas Tuchel's treatment of Gilmour. He's an unbelievable manager.

6 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

First time under Guardiola I've seen Manchester City smothered and choked.

Chelsea play our system (3-4-2-3) but the difference is, they have Kante and Jorgingo could never gave their midfield a moment's piece when they pressed into Chelsea's final third.

In 3 months he's moulded Chelsea into a machine and he's given then an identity, the first time they'd had one since Mourihno 1.0

Compare that to Arteta, who has been ar Arsenal for a year and a half and they look thoroughly clueless and lost.

People can say what they will about Thomas Tuchel's treatment of Gilmour. He's an unbelievable manager.

No wonder they choked Man City... they had two extra players on the pitch according to your formation!

On 4/15/2021 at 9:22 PM, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah. Bellingham. 

As I stated earlier, Chelsea are a complete freak show of a football club.

Look at Manchester United. For the past 80 years (4,000 matches) they've had an academy graduate in their matchday squad. That is an incredible statistic.

I only think of Chelsea producing one player in recent history: John Terry. And even he was a United fan.

Edited by Hertsscot

There is no denying that Tuchel has done very well so far. However Igot the feeling that when Lampard left many Chelsea fans were sad as not only had he done well particularly in the previous season but he had actually played their academy graduates more often, the likes of James, Tomori, Hudson -Odoi, Abraham etc. Tuchel seems to have reverted back to the old guard with the exception of Mount.

1 minute ago, Hertsscot said:

I suppose my glimmer of hope in this is it he does make it under Tuchel he will really have earned it and he will hopefully be an even better player for it. 

I've been extremely impressed by Thomas Tuchel. He has the potential of doing with Chelsea what Klopp has done with Liverpool. 

And in doing so, I think Gilmour might ultimately be to Tuchel was Roberson is to Klopp.

Chelsea, if they keep improving, will be challenging Manchester City and United next season.

I think Gilmour will learn a lot from Tuchel. Gilmour is a smart kid. The fact that Tuchel blocked a loan moan is a massive badge of honour.

The Euro 2020 thing is a shame, but whose to say if he did go out on loan and played each week he'd make the cut? Turnbull is  doing just that, he probably won't make it. Even more so with Gauld.

It’s been unfortunate for Gilmour that when he has played under Tuchel it has been in much-changed squads. Man City made 8 changes yesterday and look how disjointed they were. Sterling was honking! Can’t argue with the job Tuchel has done, but I don’t think it was a tactical masterclass. A full strength Man City team doesn’t lose last night, especially if De Bruyne plays the full 90.

I'm torn whether he should stay or go because could easily see a scenario where Tuchel is out on his arse by the end of the year.  If they fail through both routes to qualify for the Champions League for next season he'll straight away be on a shooglie peg if he has a bad start next season particularly as his football thus far has been eye bleedingly bad to watch.  

On the other hand if Gilmour hangs about and never establishes himself then he could end up in the same boat as Josh McEachran.  He was going to be the next big thing for yonks yet never established himself and after various loans in his formative years now finds himself at the peak of his career at 28 playing for MK Dons.  

Tuchel said Gilmour was the 4th choice CM. 

3 of the other CMs dont start tonights match but Gilmour still only on the bench. Tuchel dropping Mount back to CM.

I hope Gilmour is banging down Tuchels door tomorrow morning. If you want to be the best you need to have a level of arogance about you. Accepting this shows weakness from Gilmour.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he did well.

68 touches (4th most for Chelsea). It doesn't always seem the case, as he sees the big picture so quickly and he passes it so quickly.

48 successful passes (87.3% success rate)

In terms of technique and passing, he's our best midfielder.