Billy Gilmour - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

Billy Gilmour NOT in action on Tuesday. 

He might live to regret not pushing for a loan move in January.

For all anyone knows, we might never qualify for another tournament in Gilmour's career. This could have been his only chance of playing at a major international tournament. 

Technical ability, he's the best player we have. But if he isn't playing, Steve Clarke wont play him. Steve Clarke won't call up players that aren't playing first team football.

*Unless it's Che Adams. Who, I suspect, only agreed to play for Scotland on the basis that he will start all Scotland's matches at Euro 2020.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

For all anyone knows, we might never qualify for another tournament in Gilmour's career. This could have been his only chance of playing at a major international tournament. 

Technical ability, he's the best player we have. But if he isn't playing, Steve Clarke wont play him. Steve Clarke won't call up players that aren't playing first team football.

*Unless it's Che Adams. Who, I suspect, only agreed to play for Scotland on the basis that he will start all Scotland's matches at Euro 2020.

What an absolute load of shite. So Che Adams is telling Steve Clarke what to do? You have issues man. "Play me or I wont play for Scotland??? "  🙄🙄

9 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What an absolute load of shite. So Che Adams is telling Steve Clarke what to do? You have issues man. "Play me or I wont play for Scotland??? "  🙄🙄

You might not know this but Che Adams rejected a Scotland call up on three occasions. Didn't see him playing for us in the play offs.

Did you?

We'll see. It's nearing the end of the EPL season and he has a fixture on the Southampton bench. Let's see if he starts for Scotland at Euro 2020.

PS: You went to say that you hate the England when it comes to football. Cool.

This is the man you're defending. Have a nice day: 

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/805299977100675654/

Edited by Taylor1996

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

You might not know this but Che Adams rejected a Scotland call up on three occasions. Didn't see him playing for us in the play offs.

Did you?

We'll see. It's nearing the end of the EPL season and he has a fixture on the Southampton bench. Let's see if he starts for Scotland at Euro 2020.

Nice deflection bawhied. You said Adams only played for Scotland if he was guaranteed to start every match. It's an insult to Steve Clarke making that allegation.  Read my post again.. I'm not defending Adams, I'm pointing out your comment ffs....

8 minutes ago, prideothenorth said:

I think if Gilmour was to be involved Clarke would have done so by now. Unless there are a spate of injuries I doubt very much he will be near the squad.

It is a shame as I would have loved to see what he can do but not to be.

I think so, too, unfortunately. 

Even if the squads are increased from 23 to 27, I still couldn't see Gilmour push for a place. 

40 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Got two friendlies coming up. Surely that is were you have a 30 man squad and check out these fringe players. Whether they should be on the fringes and not in the squad is another matter. 

Edited by prideothenorth

12 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Did you?

So what? He's not broken any rules. Stuart McCall was all set to play for Eng. U21's when he jumped ship; do you hold that against him, one of our very best midfielders of the last century? McBurnie and Fraser have both had their commitment questioned but that commitment can no longer be doubted. We'll see about Adams. Though - just at the moment Dykes is proving his right to be our no.1.

I personally don’t think Gilmour should be starting for Scotland if he isn’t getting a look in at Chelsea. As talented as he is playing guys that aren’t playing for their clubs can be a recipe for disaster. 

As for Che Adams, he started 4 out of 5 games for Southampton prior to the last international break (and came off the bench early in the first half and scored in the other one). He was only dropped to the bench for the last 2 matches.

If he doesn’t get a few more starts for Southampton in the next few weeks then I doubt Clarke will start him in June. We won’t be playing with 2 centre forwards on any of our group games so Dykes will probably start all 3 games if he is fit. 

Ok. So it was Tuchel's choice for Gilmour not to go out on loan.

Gilmour, as it is, his technical ability and game intelligence is head and shoulders above every midfielder in the Scotland squad. So it's a shame he'll miss out on Euro 2020.

Phil Foden has now played 150 matches. 20 years old. Now he's scored in the European Cup quarter finals. 

Billy Gilmour. 19 matches. He'll be 20 in two months.

Chelsea are an absolute shambles of a club, lead by their trigger happy Russian owner.

The sooner Billy Gilmour leaves, on a permanent basis, the better.

Edited by Taylor1996

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Phil Foden has now played 150 matches. 20 years old. Now he's scored in the European Cup quarter finals. 

Billy Gilmour. 19 matches. He'll be 20 in two months.

Chelsea are an absolute shambles of a club, lead by their trigger happy Russian owner.

The sooner Billy Gilmour leaves, on a permanent basis, the better.

That shambles of a club are in the semi finals of the Champions League....

9 hours ago, bazmidd said:

That shambles of a club are in the semi finals of the Champions League....

And have CL qualifcation in their own hands.

Gilmour made the decision  or was perhaps influenced to go to Chelsea. Yes he gets to train with the best but Chelsea are ruthless with managers meaning youth won't always get chance.

Lampard gave him a chance as he managed Chelsea during a transfer ban on Chelsea, as soon ad they can sign players again, gilmours chances were limited 

On 4/14/2021 at 12:59 AM, Taylor1996 said:

He did push for a loan move in January, Chelsea weren't interested. 

Player wanted out on loan.