Fan zone at Trafalgar square - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fan zone at Trafalgar square

thesaint

See there is going to be a fan zone with 12500 tickets at Trafalgar square for Scotland v England game.Not sure if that's a good idea.Seems like a recipe for disaster.Unless it's for England fans only.If we get an allocation of tickets for the game,there could be the usual gathering of Scotland fans there anyway,before the game.

I think he means England and Scotland fans mixing.

Generally at an England away game all fans go to the game.

Also, TS is OUR usually meet up point.

There will be thousands of Scots milling around that would normally be at the game, added to the fact that your average Joe England Dan only comes alive once every two years, so there will be plenty of day trippers on the batter.

Quite frankly if I don’t have a ticket I’ll be watching at home in Bath with fellow Scots.

J

8 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

There isn't a single super spreader event that has been recorded outside so there's that. 

I wasn't even thinking about covid,but more the real chance of trouble between fans.As I'm sure everyone knows,these kind of events can attract a lot of characters who aren't really interested in the match,but are more interested in causing trouble.Seems a bit chancy to me.

It will be a bit different this time as we will have 30 minute slots to enter the stadium so most people going to the game will need to be at Wembley a lot earlier than usual. 

If it’s a ticketed affair presumably it will be fenced off so we won’t be able to gather there anyway. 

Plans for this are to be heard by Westminster Council at the end of month so this isn't definite. They want to use trafalgar Square as a place for fans to watch all the England matches, not just the Scotland match.

I expect this to policed and nobody will get in without a ticket. 

11 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Plans for this are to be heard by Westminster Council at the end of month so this isn't definite. They want to use trafalgar Square as a place for fans to watch all the England matches, not just the Scotland match.

I expect this to policed and nobody will get in without a ticket. 

....and all police leave to be cancelled. Asking for trouble with this one.