Greatest player ever.. (Your club)🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Greatest player ever.. (Your club)🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Interesting thread - I always think for things like this we are more impressed by those we see perform when we are young and impressionable, just a personal theory. Anyway for me at Stenhousemuir I have to mention the legendary Graeme "Louis" Armstrong. The man played on well into his 40s if I remember right and was a steady and reliable central defender. I think by the time he hung up his boots he amassed over 1000 games for various clubs around the Scottish lower leagues and I like to think his best years were spent at Ochilview. At that level he was superb at reading the game, something which I always admire in a player. 

27 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Interesting thread - I always think for things like this we are more impressed by those we see perform when we are young and impressionable, just a personal theory. Anyway for me at Stenhousemuir I have to mention the legendary Graeme "Louis" Armstrong. The man played on well into his 40s if I remember right and was a steady and reliable central defender. I think by the time he hung up his boots he amassed over 1000 games for various clubs around the Scottish lower leagues and I like to think his best years were spent at Ochilview. At that level he was superb at reading the game, something which I always admire in a player. 

This is what this thread is about. No disrespect Morrie, but I have never heard of your man, but that is some career he has had, and sounds like a legend with Stenhousemuir.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

This is what this thread is about. No disrespect Morrie, but I have never heard of your man, but that is some career he has had, and sounds like a legend with Stenhousemuir.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

No disrespect or offence taken. Been good reading this thread and the different opinions of fans from clubs across the country. As I said it is an interesting thread so thanks for starting it.

12 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

No disrespect or offence taken. Been good reading this thread and the different opinions of fans from clubs across the country. As I said it is an interesting thread so thanks for starting it.

Cheers pal. It's nice to hear stories from all other clubs..🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 4/14/2021 at 5:09 PM, Scotty CTA said:

The master of the 'nothing' pass.

To be fair he did pirouette a fine 360 in the centre circle and lay off a fine 10 yard square ball to peter grant of occasion ; then puff out his chest

a young bazza ferguson must surely have been watching 

what about all the 25 yarder goals v iceland he scored at the beginning of sunday scotsport

like a lot of OF players , constantly bigged up - be unknown at hibs etc

re playing abroad ; he featured regularly on the international stage with his country ; euros and WCs , and like a lot of others of that era , didnt really do that much to take notice of