Greatest player ever.. (Your club)🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Greatest player ever.. (Your club)🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Scotland failed to advance at Spain 82 on GD because of the two goals that Danny McGrain gifted NZ.

I was always wound up how Rough seemed to watch goals in .. same for 78

i know we had a dearth of talent between the sticks - but still

at least kennedy went to the effort of wrapping himself around the goalpost...

9 hours ago, Shaundy said:

Miller is the guy that clattered into Hansen and gifted the goal to the CCCP to get Scotland knocked out of the Spain ‘82 World Cup, right ? 

Thought it was the other way round :oops:

10 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I was always wound up how Rough seemed to watch goals in .. same for 78

i know we had a dearth of talent between the sticks - but still

at least kennedy went to the effort of wrapping himself around the goalpost...

Leighton would of been a better shout in '82.

19 hours ago, Shaundy said:

Miller is the guy that clattered into Hansen and gifted the goal to the CCCP to get Scotland knocked out of the Spain ‘82 World Cup, right ? 

Just spotted this after my last post. As an Arab of 70's 80s vintage I've no love for Willie Miller but that was his ball all the way, Hansen definitely the culprit in that shocker of an incident. 😂

54 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Just spotted this after my last post. As an Arab of 70's 80s vintage I've no love for Willie Miller but that was his ball all the way, Hansen definitely the culprit in that shocker of an incident. 😂

Hamish McAlpine Jim..👍

10 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

My favorite Celtic player ever, Paul McStay. Loved him, gave everything for club and country...

I would agree Ramy.  I used to go and watch the OF games in his day.  Between him and Tommy Burns Rangers found it hard to compete.  Always wonder what would have happened tp McStay if he had went abroad.  But he stayed at celtic.  And became a legend

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I would agree Ramy.  I used to go and watch the OF games in his day.  Between him and Tommy Burns Rangers found it hard to compete.  Always wonder what would have happened tp McStay if he had went abroad.  But he stayed at celtic.  And became a legend

👍

Have seen some cracking players playing for The Clyde, (At their best, not at the end of their careers) Stevie Archibald, Dom  Sullivan & Pat Nevin.

However the best player to ever pull on a Clyde shirt was Brian Ahern, cracking player and should have played at a much higher level.

12 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Have seen some cracking players playing for The Clyde, (At their best, not at the end of their careers) Stevie Archibald, Dom  Sullivan & Pat Nevin.

However the best player to ever pull on a Clyde shirt was Brian Ahern, cracking player and should have played at a much higher level.

Who was the wee right winger who played for them in the late 80's/early 90's? Cracking wee player iirc. 

13 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Keith Knox, Colin McGlashan ?? 

Might have been mcGlashan no sure. Ahern was a good footballer with a bad combover if I remember rightly 😂

Edited by slasher

26 minutes ago, slasher said:

Might have been mcGlashan no sure. Ahern was a good footballer with a bad combover if I remember rightly 😂

Aye he had a belter of a combover :lol: - he really should (& could) have played at a much higher level

1 hour ago, glasgow jock said:

What about Harry Hood? And, I'm not going to believe he was "before your time". ;)