Is anyone traveling? - Page 2 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is anyone traveling?

fade

6 minutes ago, longdfc said:

Yeah booked up on the lner 12 of us down Thursday to Sunday, few beers gardens booked already and a boozer for the game. 

I'd rather do what you describe in Scotland surrounded but Scotland fans.

20 hours ago, longdfc said:

Yeah booked up on the lner 12 of us down Thursday to Sunday, few beers gardens booked already and a boozer for the game. 

What pub have you booked for the game out of interest? Looking into booking something for me/others but cannae decide where.

On 4/13/2021 at 5:08 PM, stirlish said:

Got accommodation with free cancellation booked.

Still to book travel but prices are getting more expensive by the day. 

Got 12 points so quite confident of match ticket, still reluctant to pay for train until allocation is confirmed. (got my fingers burnt previously).

We are the same as you...2 of us with 12 points.  Have the hotel booked...and waiting to book train.

We'll be going down around 15 of us.  

Not often you get to support scotland at a euros.

By mid June it'll be buzzing.  If things change drastically we'll reconsider but no point expecting the worst.

Trains availability and flights suggest were a group of many Scotland fans on the way doon..

On 4/16/2021 at 7:44 PM, longdfc said:

We've booked LNER Thursday to Sunday as well, hopefully they will have lifted the alcohol ban by then. 🙂

Bunch of us going down as well, Thurs-Sun, staying just off Baker Street.

Might end up regretting it, but even if I don't get a ticket (unless the SSC get nane I should get one) I still reckon it'll be decent. 

Looking at various pubs and beer gardens the now. 

Probably not. I'm a bit worried about it being a hassle and folk being righteous arseholes about the whole Covid situation. That being said it looks like London is jumping! 

I wouldn't be that worried about being surrounded by England fans, you can have a decent laugh with them I've found. Plus the upside if we win is much greater than the downside if we lose. I would definitely be giving them more stick than they ever could possibly give me. Might even travel down to London after we win!

• 2 weeks later...

About 10 of us are going to be in London for the game. Trying to figure out how to negotiate a potential ticketed fanzone Trafalgar Square, but we're thinking Covent Garden/Leicester Sq as that was pretty busy last time. We're all very excited and by the prices of some of the transport down, it looks like a few people might have booked the trip... 

• 3 weeks later...