Is anyone traveling? - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is anyone traveling?

fade

Is anyone planning on traveling to London without tickets?

With the obvious restrictions likely to be in place would it be worth it? Would be lucky to get booked into a boozer by the looks of things.

I booked rooms in London when we qualified with free cancellation but things not looking like a normal Wembley trip

22 hours ago, Scotschic said:

Yes. Bonus if we get any tickets to attend, if not it’s 3 nights in London. About 20 of us heading down. 

I really can’t see the point on going down without tickets for this one.

Depends what the boozers will be like in June I suppose. 

Hotel booked, but I have up to 48 hours before arrival to cancel or they will charge me for one of the two nights I have booked.

Also got Easyet flights booked (gambled before Serbia game when it was £30 return) but unless I get a ticket will not go just for the sake of it (can change my flights up to 6 days before for a free to another flight)

19 hours ago, jcluk said:

Still seeing Scotland in a major finals though. Worth the hassle after 23 years of waiting. 

Going down to London without a ticket isn’t really seeing them in a major finals. 

Edited by Texas Pete

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

TBF, if i don't have a ticket i'd rather watch it in Glasgow surrounded by Scotland fans than kicking about London trying to find a pub with space. 

Totally agree with that. I was meaning for those of us who hope to have tickets. Appreciate the original post was about travelling without tickets though. 

7 minutes ago, jcluk said:

Totally agree with that. I was meaning for those of us who hope to have tickets. Appreciate the original post was about travelling without tickets though. 

If we get tickets we are travelling through from Watford so it'll be straight to The Torch or Crock of Gold. Can't see any point of going to TF.

Got accommodation with free cancellation booked.

Still to book travel but prices are getting more expensive by the day. 

Got 12 points so quite confident of match ticket, still reluctant to pay for train until allocation is confirmed. (got my fingers burnt previously).

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

TBF, if i don't have a ticket i'd rather watch it in Glasgow surrounded by Scotland fans than kicking about London trying to find a pub with space. 

Absolutely this. 

This trip is pointless without a ticket, its not going to be like euro 96.

On 4/13/2021 at 8:05 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

This. I’m considering jumping on a plane and coming up to Edinburgh for the England game. (If I don’t have a ticket, obvs). 

J

20 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

This. I’m considering jumping on a plane and coming up to Edinburgh for the England game. (If I don’t have a ticket, obvs). 

J

Probably more likely to enjoy the day that way!