This sounds good fun, eh? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This sounds good fun, eh?

McTeeko

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

Better than no experience. 

No, it’s not. Football without fans is pish. As a fan, memories are made going fuckin mental at last minute winners, cuddling and celebrating with complete strangers next to you, emotions all over the place, rocking stadiums and amazing atmospheres. 

Now we’re expected to stay sitted on our seat, applaud, socially distance while wearing a mask at a potential last minute winner v Croatia that could put us through into the second round for the first time ever. 

It will be better watching in the house with a couple of beers and mates. 

9 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

No, it’s not. Football without fans is pish. As a fan, memories are made going fuckin mental at last minute winners, cuddling and celebrating with complete strangers next to you, emotions all over the place, rocking stadiums and amazing atmospheres. 

Now we’re expected to stay sitted on our seat, applaud, socially distance while wearing a mask at a potential last minute winner v Croatia that could put us through into the second round for the first time ever. 

Totally agree, I have no notion of sitting in a 12,500 crowd at Hampden or 22,500 at Wembley. I've really been fighting with myself over this but I don't see any enjoyment at being at the stadiums. 

24 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

9 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Totally agree, I have no notion of sitting in a 12,500 crowd at Hampden or 22,500 at Wembley. I've really been fighting with myself over this but I don't see any enjoyment at being at the stadiums. 

Both perfectly valid viewpoints and I can see and agree with aspects of it. 

The positive perspective is that a few weeks ago we were talking about not having any games in Glasgow. Now that battle is won, folk are unhappy at the conditions - understandably to an extent. We have to start somewhere though and recognise that Glasgow hasn’t had fans at an event for over 1 year now. 

Appreciate that it’s not the circumstances folk want and removes a lot of the social interaction that we all love around the game - but it’s a start. 

And if folk would rather watch with friends & families in pubs or beer gardens then they have that option and others would happily take tickets. It’s unfortunate that they’d miss out but I’m not sure there’s much to criticise about the conditions given where we’re coming from.

Let’s hope we continue to head in the right direction in the management of the virus as I think this highlights that we all want full stadiums back as soon as possibly safe. 

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

I’ve had my tickets since 2019, now there’s a chance I’ll lose them in the ballot (however both me and the wee man have enough points for home tickets through the SSC route if needed). Can’t even begin to look forward to the tournament with all the uncertainty. If they bring in testing to allow fans into stadiums that’ll tip it for me.