Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 29 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

12 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Do however think it would have been fairer to only allow members one ticket for one game so as to allow more to get tickets.

Yeah I would agree with this. 

I am fortunate enough to have tickets for all 3 matches but I think it would have been better to limit everyone to one match with those on higher points getting first choice of which game they wanted to go to.

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah I would agree with this. 

I am fortunate enough to have tickets for all 3 matches but I think it would have been better to limit everyone to one match with those on higher points getting first choice of which game they wanted to go to.

Would probably have been an administrative nightmare so can't really blame the SFA on this occasion.

56 minutes ago, hamilton wanderer said:

Yes it would have been fairer that way

It might have seemed "fairer" to folk on low points but maybe not so much by folk who had over 13 points. The word fair means different things to different folk. They stuck to the SSC rules that we all signed up for. Can't say fairer than that. 

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It might have seemed "fairer" to folk on low points but maybe not so much by folk who had over 13 points. The word fair means different things to different folk. They stuck to the SSC rules that we all signed up for. Can't say fairer than that. 

I think the SFA have done well and conducted the tickets in the right way with the limited powers they have had.  I do understand peoples disappointment as pre covid alot more would have been rewarded. It should hopefully encourage higher attendance home matches going forward as i suspect in tournaments to come going to these alone will guarantee a tournament ticket.  I was on 13 points, 1 for renewing, 10 for last 10 home games and 2 points for attending away game to Belgium.  None of it has cost me an arm and a leg and the 5 match package was very competitively priced in my opinion. the most expensive was the away game but ticket, accommodation + travel cost approx £150 and a futher £80 on food and beverages.

I have Wembley and Croatia and look forward to a very coarse voice and the inevitable emotional roller coaster.  I'm 36 and this is my 1st ever Euro game in 98 i was 14 and can remember the buzz watching it in the local bowling club.

37 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There are arguments for doing it either way.

The fairest way would probably have been to have three categories of member depending on how many points each had, for example:

Category A - 25+ points (all 3 matches)

Category B - 15-24 points (2 matches)

Category C - X-14 points (1 match)

As others have pointed out this would have been a nightmare to organise and the way it was done was the easiest and as you say the normal points rules were applied so nobody can complain. 

I am certainly not complaining as I have my tickets but it does seem a pity that some people who may have went to every home game for 20 years won’t even get to see one match at the finals. Can’t be helped though. 

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

There are arguments for doing it either way.

The fairest way would probably have been to have three categories of member depending on how many points each had, for example:

Category A - 25+ points (all 3 matches)

Category B - 15-24 points (2 matches)

Category C - X-14 points (1 match)

As others have pointed out this would have been a nightmare to organise and the way it was done was the easiest and as you say the normal points rules were applied so nobody can complain. 

I am certainly not complaining as I have my tickets but it does seem a pity that some people who may have went to every home game for 20 years won’t even get to see one match at the finals. Can’t be helped though. 

TBF they have had about 6 months to chat to fans and get the opinions.

IMHO those who would have been in SSC allocation but for COVID should have been looked after.

So 5 pointers would have still been stuffed, but it would acknowledge those who through no fault now get Boy Scout.

It could have been sold as “all in this together” and “Team Scotland”, and I’m sure most would be fine.

Remember it’s only those I reckon on about 11 points to 8 or 7.

Not a massive amount and everyone would have got to one game.

Yes those at the very top would get all three to reward top loyality.

As you can tell I’m a 9 pointer who will be at pub / home. 

Still, it’s all done now.

Anyone fancy taking a guest? I’m your man!

J

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Anyone downloaded the ticket app after you've bought tickets (I bought through website) and it says you've no tickets associated to your email? 

I don’t think the tickets are available for download until the end of May. 

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Anyone downloaded the ticket app after you've bought tickets (I bought through website) and it says you've no tickets associated to your email? 

When will I receive my tickets?

Your tickets will be sent via the UEFA EURO 2020 Mobile Tickets app closer to the tournament, no later than 5 days before match day.

You will receive an email with instructions about how to download the official mobile tickets app.

IMPORTANT

If you download the app before receiving your download invite e-mail, your tickets will not be visible in the app. If you wish to see your valid tickets, you can log into your Ticketing account.

Apologies if this has been covered on another thread. 
I’ve purchased 2 tickets via uefa website for myself and 9 year old son. I’ve thankfully managed to keep a hold of these. I’ve Read on here tickets couldn’t Be purchased for kids. Was that just for Scottish Fa allocation or is that the overall rule that no kids can attend? 

2 minutes ago, johnbhoy11 said:

Apologies if this has been covered on another thread. 
I’ve purchased 2 tickets via uefa website for myself and 9 year old son. I’ve thankfully managed to keep a hold of these. I’ve Read on here tickets couldn’t Be purchased for kids. Was that just for Scottish Fa allocation or is that the overall rule that no kids can attend? 

That was just through the SSC route (a UEFA ruling). Tickets bought through UEFA originally will be fine 👍🏼

Edited by McTeeko

Talking of Covid, has anybody seen/heard anywhere what the stadium entry protocols will be?

I'm talking about test/vaccine certificates type things. I live down south but will be in Scotland a few days before the games and not sure how you go about booking an official test and how many days it needs to be valid for before the game.

I'm guessing home tests won't count for anything.

16 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Talking of Covid, has anybody seen/heard anywhere what the stadium entry protocols will be?

I'm talking about test/vaccine certificates type things. I live down south but will be in Scotland a few days before the games and not sure how you go about booking an official test and how many days it needs to be valid for before the game.

I'm guessing home tests won't count for anything.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/event-guide/glasgow/stadium/

You won’t need a test for Hampden but it states on the Wembley page that you might need one for there but it isn’t confirmed yet. 

When downloading the new app for tickets it says there is no tickets associated with this email? Does that come in time or will I send them an email?

Sorry I knew I had seen a post about this before and just read up 2!

Edited by Jamessm238

On 5/24/2021 at 2:01 PM, Orraloon said:

Spot on. 

Unfortunately for people on lower points, the system rewards high attendance, and rightly so. 

If you want a game for tournaments, there’s one way to guarantee that. 

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Spot on. 

Unfortunately for people on lower points, the system rewards high attendance, and rightly so. 

Normally I would agree (and still kinda do) but you’ve got to feel a wee bit sorry for the guys who have went to enough games to guarantee a ticket under normal circumstances. Covid is to blame though and not the SFA. 

55 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Normally I would agree (and still kinda do) but you’ve got to feel a wee bit sorry for the guys who have went to enough games to guarantee a ticket under normal circumstances. Covid is to blame though and not the SFA. 

Of course that’s fair enough, but someone has to lose out in the process, and unfortunately for them, it should be them. 

Ive missed out in ballots before, and it is shite, but that’s just the way it has to be. 

53 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Of course that’s fair enough, but someone has to lose out in the process, and unfortunately for them, it should be them. 

Ive missed out in ballots before, and it is shite, but that’s just the way it has to be. 

Well they could’ve done it so that nobody with a certain amount of points would lose out completely but yeah they had to pick a way to do it and nobody can have any complaints. 

Can’t please everyone when there are so few tickets available. 

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Spot on. 

Said it before rewards the privileged who are not necessarily the greatest fans.

Well done. you can afford to go to all the games, you must feel very superior to the rest of us.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

10 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Said it before rewards the privileged who are not necessarily the greatest fans.

Well done. you can afford to go to all the games, you must feel very superior to the rest of us.

Pathetic

37 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I do 👍

Now back to the servants quarters with you.