Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 23 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

On 5/14/2021 at 2:06 PM, niallb said:

Straw poll as I am on 12pts and want to cheer myself up after that shambles of an “away” allocation.....

who on 13 and above is NOT buying a Wembley ticket 🤔

x2 not going. 

1 hour ago, losinkiltpins said:

Credit where credits due. I posted yesterday about having the wrong loyalty points. I e-mailed the SFA about 5pm yesterday afternoon. At 10 to 10 last night I received a response saying they had recalculated my points and increased my total by 5 points.

That's good.Don't really understand how anybodys points totals can be wrong.Theres a list of games home and away and points for early bird rejoining and being a member for so many campaigns.Surely,it's just updated automatically,so why should anybodys points total be wrong.Did they tell you what game points etc they hadn't added?Could you work out what points they hadn't given you?It's not as if somebody is adding the relevant points by hand,it's all automatically updated.Strange indeed.

17 minutes ago, thesaint said:

That's good.Don't really understand how anybodys points totals can be wrong.Theres a list of games home and away and points for early bird rejoining and being a member for so many campaigns.Surely,it's just updated automatically,so why should anybodys points total be wrong.Did they tell you what game points etc they hadn't added?Could you work out what points they hadn't given you?It's not as if somebody is adding the relevant points by hand,it's all automatically updated.Strange indeed.

The system gave you 1 point for buying 1 product. However the product was a 5 game package.

So 1 point was given instead of 5.

Obvs no one programmed the computer correctly.

Let's hope the Scottish Government exercise some common sense. Shouldn't be an issue having 12k at Hampden in a few weeks. Vaccine success to protect the most vulnerable and PCR testing if needed should provide the right assurance. The Scottish Cup decisions this week though point towards a shortage of common sense and the right protocols. Both in terms of the original 600 allocation and then the cancellation of even that small number. 

12 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

The system gave you 1 point for buying 1 product. However the product was a 5 game package.

I don’t think it’s as simple as that. 

I received 5 points for buying the home match package and 2 of my mates got no points at all.

I think the SSC IT system is just shite. 

11 minutes ago, jcluk said:

Let's hope the Scottish Government exercise some common sense. Shouldn't be an issue having 12k at Hampden in a few weeks. Vaccine success to protect the most vulnerable and PCR testing if needed should provide the right assurance. The Scottish Cup decisions this week though point towards a shortage of common sense and the right protocols. Both in terms of the original 600 allocation and then the cancellation of even that small number. 

They are being cautious which is understandable but yeah I think they need to shift their focus to how many people are in hospital (especially intensive care) and dying rather than how many cases there are.

If Hampden ends up losing these games and there are only a handful of people in intensive care and the same level of deaths that there are now it will be ridiculous.  

Hi everyone, any response to this post is much appreciated.

So on my SSC my dad has 14 points and I have 12 and he is willing to give his ticket to me, I was just wondering if you think this will be possible or will ID verification be required in real life? Or do you reckon I will be okay to buy them with his passport number etc and then use that for myself at the game? Thanks everyone 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

8 hours ago, Flipping eck said:

Whats all this about needing a passport to get into the games? I don't currently hold one and had no intention of getting one again until travel was fully back to normal.

I shouldn't be obligated to use an SSC ticket with one surely?

You need to enter your passport number on the UEFA website. I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think there’s anyway around it so if you don’t have a passport I don’t think you’ll be able to buy a ticket. 

I doubt it would need to be a current/valid passport number though. 

7 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

Hi everyone, any response to this post is much appreciated.

So on my SSC my dad has 14 points and I have 12 and he is willing to give his ticket to me, I was just wondering if you think this will be possible or will ID verification be required in real life? Or do you reckon I will be okay to buy them with his passport number etc and then use that for myself at the game? Thanks everyone 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

Personally feel if you have the log in for his app details you’ll be fine.

QR codes will be scanned - that’ll be that.

Passport numbers are there to deter people selling them on and being traced back as far as I am aware.

However there are hundreds of tickets being solid online 3rd party at present and a lot look legit. There was nothing stopping someone putting a bollocks passport number.

The UEFA plan is fairly solid though with the app only ticket - means a a headache for the usual horrid simple ticket tout.

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

You need to enter your passport number on the UEFA website. I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think there’s anyway around it so if you don’t have a passport I don’t think you’ll be able to buy a ticket. 

I doubt it would need to be a current/valid passport number though. 

Agree 

5 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Personally feel if you have the log in for his app details you’ll be fine.

QR codes will be scanned - that’ll be that.

Passport numbers are there to deter people selling them on and being traced back as far as I am aware.

However there are hundreds of tickets being solid online 3rd party at present and a lot look legit. There was nothing stopping someone putting a bollocks passport number.

The UEFA plan is fairly solid though with the app only ticket - means a a headache for the usual horrid simple ticket tout.

Thanks!

I have his app details as I’m currently under family and friends on his account. I’ll take his passport to the games anyway just incase and hopefully the guy on the gate is a nice person.

49 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

They are being cautious which is understandable but yeah I think they need to shift their focus to how many people are in hospital (especially intensive care) and dying rather than how many cases there are.

If Hampden ends up losing these games and there are only a handful of people in intensive care and the same level of deaths that there are now it will be ridiculous.  

The number of cases has just doubled in the space of one day. Most of those cases are in Glasgow. Hopefully that is just a statistical blip. But it could possibly be the start of another exponential growth in cases. If the number of cases keeps on doubling well into next week then we could well be up shit creek again. Hopefully they are just being cautious and the numbers start coming down again, but at present I wouldn't rule out the possibility that we won't have any fans inside Hampden for the EUROs.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

The number of cases has just doubled in the space of one day. Most of those cases are in Glasgow. Hopefully that is just a statistical blip. But it could possibly be the start of another exponential growth in cases. If the number of cases keeps on doubling well into next week then we could well be up shit creek again. Hopefully they are just being cautious and the numbers start coming down again, but at present I wouldn't rule out the possibility that we won't have any fans inside Hampden for the EUROs.

It’s a possibility of course but hospitalisations and deaths in Glasgow haven’t doubled (or anywhere near it) so we should probably all wait and see what happens before hitting the panic button.

1.6% of tests in Scotland from yesterday were positive and I’m fairly sure it was a similar percentage the day before.

46 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Cases were low yesterday due to an IT issue that meant a lot of the cases were only reported today. 

You can't look at it day to day, but that's why it has doubled from yesterday to today. 

Hopefully the mass testing drive in the south side will help nip this in the bud. They did seem confident that it was contained within that area and that all cases were interlinked suggesting that community transmission was unlikely 

44 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It’s a possibility of course but hospitalisations and deaths in Glasgow haven’t doubled (or anywhere near it) so we should probably all wait and see what happens before hitting the panic button.

1.6% of tests in Scotland from yesterday were positive and I’m fairly sure it was a similar percentage the day before.

This is what the Government are doing to be fair, being cautious and seeing what happens. If these increasing case numbers result in an increase in hospital admissions this will only come to light in a couple of weeks, by that time it's too late to put the brakes on. 

They don't have any concrete evidence that this new variant is the same as existing ones and doesn't result in an increase in severity of symptoms. It's entirely likely that everything will be fine but they will take no chances until they know for sure. 

Percentage of positive cases is still low, which is great. That said a couple of weeks ago it was under 1% so there's clearly an upward trend there. 

50 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It takes time for hospitalisations and deaths to materialise but given we’ve had 2 waves already, I think it’s fair to recognise there’s a decent level of risk of those things happening if they don’t get a grip of this. 

Hopefully the fact they most folk into their 40’s are a first dose phase will help limit damage but we’re still far from everything being ok.

4 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

It takes time for hospitalisations and deaths to materialise but given we’ve had 2 waves already, I think it’s fair to recognise there’s a decent level of risk of those things happening if they don’t get a grip of this. 

Hopefully the fact they most folk into their 40’s are a first dose phase will help limit damage but we’re still far from everything being ok.

There hasn’t been a wave when most if not all vulnerable people have been fully vaccinated. If those people (and many others who have had the vaccine) are not protected enough for us to get back towards normal what was the pointing in vaccinating them? We’re going to have to learn to live with Covid at some point. 

Variants are obviously a concern but there is no evidence yet that the Indian variant is any more dangerous than the other ones. 

As I have said before if things get that bad in Glasgow then the rest of the country won’t be that far behind. 

14 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

This is what the Government are doing to be fair, being cautious and seeing what happens. If these increasing case numbers result in an increase in hospital admissions this will only come to light in a couple of weeks, by that time it's too late to put the brakes on. 

They don't have any concrete evidence that this new variant is the same as existing ones and doesn't result in an increase in severity of symptoms. It's entirely likely that everything will be fine but they will take no chances until they know for sure. 

Percentage of positive cases is still low, which is great. That said a couple of weeks ago it was under 1% so there's clearly an upward trend there. 

It has been under 1% but has also been over 1% on several occasions over the last couple of weeks so I’m not sure if it’s an upward trend. It could easily be back below 1% tomorrow or early next week. As long as it’s under 5% we’re on the right track. 

With any luck things won’t get worse and we can move to level 2 soon. We’ll just need to keep our fingers crossed I suppose. 

2 hours ago, Archiesdad said:

A pal ordered and paid for my 5 game package so we could sit together. I'd guess that's where the 5 points went 'missing'.

30 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Cases were low yesterday due to an IT issue that meant a lot of the cases were only reported today. 

You can't look at it day to day, but that's why it has doubled from yesterday to today. 

Hopefully the mass testing drive in the south side will help nip this in the bud. They did seem confident that it was contained within that area and that all cases were interlinked suggesting that community transmission was unlikely 

I hope you are right but they haven't left Glasgow in tier 3 based on an IT issue. There is genuine concern that this could be a serious problem. Too early to say though. Another couple of weeks should give us a better idea.

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I hope you are right but they haven't left Glasgow in tier 3 based on an IT issue. There is genuine concern that this could be a serious problem. Too early to say though. Another couple of weeks should give us a better idea.

Of course they haven't, I never suggested otherwise. They've left Glasgow in level 3 because the number of cases per 100k people is up at nearly 80 frun under 50 a week ago. 

I was responding to your comment that cases had doubled in a day, there is a reason for that and it was an IT issue. They look at case numbers on a rolling 7 day average anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It has been under 1% but has also been over 1% on several occasions over the last couple of weeks so I’m not sure if it’s an upward trend. It could easily be back below 1% tomorrow or early next week. As long as it’s under 5% we’re on the right track. 

With any luck things won’t get worse and we can move to level 2 soon. We’ll just need to keep our fingers crossed I suppose. 

Yeah it has, but there is certainly an upward trend that can't be ignored. Cases over the 7 days increased last week and will have increased again this week. 

This is expected though as lots of society has opened up to a degree. 

As you say as long as testing stays below 5% we should be OK. I do think that Glasgow will be in level 3 for another couple of weeks, maybe even right up to the Euros. 

These trends take a long time to turn round unfortunately. 

16 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Of course they haven't, I never suggested otherwise. They've left Glasgow in level 3 because the number of cases per 100k people is up at nearly 80 frun under 50 a week ago. 

I was responding to your comment that cases had doubled in a day, there is a reason for that and it was an IT issue. They look at case numbers on a rolling 7 day average anyway. 

This is correct. People talking about hospitalisation and deaths are not focussing on the framework. It is positive infections (regardless of  clinical outcome) that the tier level will be decided on. Unless they change the policy suddenly that’s the only relevant figure that will determine if any fans are in Hampden or not. Right now, it is not looking good.