Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 21 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Yeah I think there will be a good few people contacting the SSC on Monday when they don’t get their email. Not sure why they wouldn’t have checked already but I bet there will be some. 

I would say they haven't checked because most folk have more important things to do. 

14 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Have you checked your inbox? 🤔

Yeh cancellations sent for some games 

However no confirmation emails sent (as promised) to anyone as far as I can see on multiple outlets.

edit - been answered :)

Edited by GaryWood34

Think I’m just bitter - but can’t get my head round the numbers. If the allocations are meant to be percentage based and the capacities are nearly double at Wembley then Hampden  (22500 vs 12000)...... then we have either done very well getting 1900 at home or done very badly getting 2600 “away”??

9 minutes ago, niallb said:

Think I’m just bitter - but can’t get my head round the numbers. If the allocations are meant to be percentage based and the capacities are nearly double at Wembley then Hampden  (22500 vs 12000)...... then we have either done very well getting 1900 at home or done very badly getting 2600 “away”??

Comparing allocations against what England fans got we have just over 300 less tickets than what they got allocated. Virtually similar numbers for category 1&2 tickets but category 3 is where we got 213 less. I can only assume the SFA have kept some back for players families, member clubs etc

1 hour ago, GaryWood34 said:

Yeh cancellations sent for some games 

However no confirmation emails sent (as promised) to anyone as far as I can see on multiple outlets.

edit - been answered :)

Sorry mate I completely misread your email. All’s well that ends well. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I would say they haven't checked because most folk have more important things to do. 

I’ve got plenty of more important things to do myself but I managed to take 2 minutes to check my points a few weeks ago as the SSC systems are notoriously pish. 

Edited by Texas Pete

I just read the faqs and under 18s aren't allowed to get a ticket that's disgusting, it doesn't affect anybody I know but really, heartless bastards, I feel for the kids who can't go, really sad imagine having to your son or daughter who has travelled Europe with you, you can't come this time. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I’ve got plenty of more important things to do myself but I managed to take 2 minutes to check my points a few weeks ago as the SSC systems are notoriously pish. 

For a business who only normally have to manage roughly 10 games a year and charge £40 (over 2 years) to so this, the inability to accurately count each members points is unreal.

44 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

With the additional restrictions being announced there might not be any fans at Hampden anyway 😕

Would certainly put Sturgeon in a difficult position if they don’t get things under control in Glasgow. 

Given the commitment already made to UEFA, there could be a very difficult decision on the horizon. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that! 

16 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Would certainly put Sturgeon in a difficult position if they don’t get things under control in Glasgow. 

Given the commitment already made to UEFA, there could be a very difficult decision on the horizon. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that! 

I'm hoping that the First Minister is taking the Euros into account with today's extension of restrictions. Maybe she is being cautious in maintaining the restrictions so that they can be eased in a couple of weeks, just in time for Hampden to host the games in front of crowds.

It would be heartbreaking to have tickets for the Hampden games and not be able to attend due to the pandemic worsening

Fingers crossed that they get the outbreak under control, especially since Hampden is in G42.

G41 and G42 is the epicentre of the outbreak.

19 minutes ago, tartandon said:

I'm hoping that the First Minister is taking the Euros into account with today's extension of restrictions. Maybe she is being cautious in maintaining the restrictions so that they can be eased in a couple of weeks, just in time for Hampden to host the games in front of crowds.

It would be heartbreaking to have tickets for the Hampden games and not be able to attend due to the pandemic worsening

Fingers crossed that they get the outbreak under control, especially since Hampden is in G42.

G41 and G42 is the epicentre of the outbreak.

The worry is UEFA might not give them a chance to get it under control, they will not want to hang of then the week before crowds cant happen. I think UEFA right now could be nervous about it. They will want guarantees from Scot Gov that the 25% attendance can still be delivered. If not I can see games being shifted. 

41 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

The worry is UEFA might not give them a chance to get it under control, they will not want to hang of then the week before crowds cant happen. I think UEFA right now could be nervous about it. They will want guarantees from Scot Gov that the 25% attendance can still be delivered. If not I can see games being shifted. 

An impossible guarantee. And absolutely amateurish to ask for such guarantees. 

J

9 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

An impossible guarantee. And absolutely amateurish to ask for such guarantees. 

J

Dont disgree but there a good chance they will. They want bums on seats even if its just 25%. Its why Dublin lost their games

16 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

Dont disgree but there a good chance they will. They want bums on seats even if its just 25%. Its why Dublin lost their games

Oh I know why the SFA gave the guarantee but as we all know over the past year, guarantees don’t mean Jack. Just hope there isn’t a backwards step. How TF are we even thinking about backward steps, the vaccines are rolling out at a rate of knots. 

J

1 minute ago, DAVIDB46 said:

What happens of the Scottish government pull crowds at the last minute if this Indian variant comes to a anything.

come we lose the crowds at last minute 

Of course we can. Like I said in the above post. The last year has fought us that nothing is guaranteed.

I’m now worrying about the September games. Mon tae Fook!

J

9 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Of course we can. Like I said in the above post. The last year has fought us that nothing is guaranteed.

I’m now worrying about the September games. Mon tae Fook!

J

Especially when a lot of young people not vacinated Scottish cup final had about 600 for 24 hours. It’s pretty depressing that despite vaccination it’s starting agaiN

On 11 points so holding out little hope of tickets for any of the games. Just the way it goes given the situation we are in. Hats off to the guys that have, given how long we haven’t played in a tournament I wouldn’t begrudge the luck few who have.

One thing I will say - I hope any of the political elite (Nicola Sturgeon included) do the decent thing and stay away from the games. That would be the ultimate slap in the face to the thousands of us that can’t go and seeing them lording it At Hampden