Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 20 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

42 minutes ago, DING said:

For Wembley with 2655 tickets and there's 2439 memberson at least 13 points

More tickets than members , U18s can’t get either 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

they must not have wanted to drop down to 12 points straight off

Correct. Need to give everyone on the higher points levels the opportunity. These sales will come down a points level or two though I'm sure as not all the higher points will want/need a ticket. 

27 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

The person with the access code and who already has the ticket just doesn’t buy one (he can’t because he already has a ticket).

J

Again, I realise that. I don’t think you have picked me up correctly but it doesn’t matter now as we have our emails. 

2 hours ago, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

Effectively some on higher points may not want to go unable to go etc. 

Rather than opening it up every couple of days checking how many have been sold etc one blanket ballot is done with eligible supporters entering then working down in order of points. Till the allocation is sold. All access codes then dished out. Then if any tickets haven't been paid for they have the total once and can then redistribute them. 

Doesn’t look like that’s how they’re going  to  do it. Looks like they are going to give everyone on 15 points or higher an access code for the home games. There should still be some tickets left even if all 15 pointers and higher buy a ticket so I’m not sure how there distribute the rest. I suppose if there are 334 left by a certain time they could just give all 14 pointers a code? 

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Yes, minus 3% the SFA get extra as its our stadium.

From what their representatives told Euro Fans Conference a few weeks back, they do not expect to sell many to home based fans, so are looking at selling to UK based fans.

Same as with SFA, any unsold tickets will be sent back to UEFA to resell.

UEFA are selling all the tickets in the first place so none will be sent back to them.

Whether or not any unsold tickets will be allocated to the SSC in the form of access codes or whether it will be a free for all public sale is anyone’s guess. 

1 hour ago, Flipping eck said:

Does the above mean that someone has to make a purchase and then send you their order number, or can they not be booked together at the same time?

I think you might need to enter your mates names, addresses and passport numbers and they will do their best to sit you near each other. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Doesn’t look like that’s how they’re going  to  do it. Looks like they are going to give everyone on 15 points or higher an access code for the home games. There should still be some tickets left even if all 15 pointers and higher buy a ticket so I’m not sure how there distribute the rest. I suppose if there are 334 left by a certain time they could just give all 14 pointers a code? 

Yep, basically all XX pointers would receive an email and then its first come, first served in terms of purchasing via the UEFA portal using that access code until the allocation is sold out. 

1 hour ago, niallb said:

Straw poll as I am on 12pts and want to cheer myself up after that shambles of an “away” allocation.....

who on 13 and above is NOT buying a Wembley ticket 🤔

I haven't decided yet but veering towards giving it a miss. I've got plenty time to decide though.

1 hour ago, DING said:

For Wembley with 2655 tickets and there's 2439 memberson at least 13 points

More tickets than members , U18s can’t get either 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

they must not have wanted to drop down to 12 points straight off

There would be more than 2665 on 12 points and above so they will need to give 13 pointers a chance to get their tickets first. Will likely drop down to 12 pointers towards the end of the sales window and it will be a free for all until they are sold out. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

There would be more than 2665 on 12 points and above so they will need to give 13 pointers a chance to get their tickets first. Will likely drop down to 12 pointers towards the end of the sales window and it will be a free for all until they are sold out. 

There's 570 people on 12 points. If absolutely everyone who is on 13pts or more takes a Wembley ticket (highly unlikely) then would be 127 tickets left for the 12 pointers. A 22% chance of a ticket in the worst case scenario for those of you on 12 points. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

So basically the kids can go screw themselves, imagine being 17 and having watched us for years of misery, yet still went to games, and now you’re told to go away. 

So much for the family of football pish. 

If you’re below the points tally by a point or two, I think there’s still hope, I can’t see the uptake being 100%, once the under 18s and a few other factors are taken into account. 

Very poor from UEFA. 

This could have easily been sorted out so parents could buy tickets for junior members with the required points totals. 

45 minutes ago, jcluk said:

Correct. Need to give everyone on the higher points levels the opportunity. These sales will come down a points level or two though I'm sure as not all the higher points will want/need a ticket. 

By my calculations based on the points table: There will be 145 unsold tix for the Czech game 174 for the England game and 113 for the Croatia game. This does not take in to account any under 18s that can be excluded and assumes everyone else else buys!l 

1 minute ago, macwomble said:

By my calculations based on the points table: There will be 145 unsold tix for the Czech game 174 for the England game and 113 for the Croatia game. This does not take in to account any under 18s that can be excluded and assumes everyone else else buys!l 

Don't forget that the points table will continue to change a wee bit right up until the sale starts, as more people realise that their points total is wrong.

3 minutes ago, macwomble said:

I know a couple of guys (both on 18 points) who aren’t going because of the Covid restrictions. They won’t be alone. 

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Don't forget that the points table will continue to change a wee bit right up until the sale starts, as more people realise that their points total is wrong.

Yeah I think there will be a good few people contacting the SSC on Monday when they don’t get their email. Not sure why they wouldn’t have checked already but I bet there will be some. 

12 minutes ago, jcluk said:
  • Category 1: €185
  • Category 2: €125
  • Category 3: €50

To be fair the €50 euro tickets make up over 70% of all the tickets which is surprising, and the low numbers of €185 ones mean that even if everyone whose eligible in the first batch buys which they won’t, only 20 people would be forced to buy these most expensive and then only for the Croatia game as there are enough cat 1 and 2 tickets for the first 2 games!