Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

20 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Can’t possibly be the same system for the SSC, surely?!?

Maybe the Slovaks don’t have a supporters club therefore their generic code is the only thing they can do?

I'm hoping and presuming that's the case but as Scotincarlisle has said the longer it drags on the more you fear one big cock up. 

11 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Absolutely. SSC members have no divine right to all available tickets. The corporate freebies stuff does get on my tits a bit though. 

Absolutely. Also if 50% of the capacity does go to the public then I reckon there could be a fair few at the games having never set foot inside Hampden beforehand, just because they got lucky in the ballot or are able to afford expensive tickets. That also gets on my tits! 👎

Edited by shaggycoo
Predictive keyboard!

59 minutes ago, saintydave said:

The English all had individual access codes, and could add in others to their group, including under 18s, as far as I understand it. 

Google England access code euro 2020 and you get a link to their faqs 

ssc aren’t giving u18s access codes so won’t be possible for Scotland games tho ?

13 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I get that but I meant how will they know who to give the access codes to in the first place?

If the SSC give access codes to 2500 people for example and 500 of those people already have tickets and can’t buy another one how will the SFA know this and know they should release more codes? 

That was the question I put to them yday ..answer was they expect to sell out from

intial releAse of codes but if they didn’t they would then release to members on lower points 

4 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Because when they use those access codes their UEFA account will show they already have a ticket for that game and won’t let them buy another.

(I assume).

J

Yeah I get that. That’s not the problem. 

In that situation the person with the access code has been given one but doesn’t need it. It could have went to someone else with fewer points that does need it. 

1 minute ago, DING said:

That was the question I put to them yday ..answer was they expect to sell out from

intial releAse of codes but if they didn’t they would then release to members on lower points 

That’s fine if there’s more that one sales period like what happens when the SSC sell directly to members but it’s going to be a bit of a free for all if we don’t get in quick when the tickets go on sale. 

I imagine there will be a ballot done by ssc. Successful apps based on number of points. Then the successful supporters will be given the code to input on uefa site. This is how it's been done for europa league final and also England's allocation.

They had to redo their ballot as they had already sold the 12,000 allocation. 

This way all the ssc will do is just do the ballot then hand it over to uefa to sort. 

Edited by From_Dundee_to_Ancoats

5 minutes ago, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

I imagine there will be a ballot done by ssc. Then the successful supporters will be given the code to input on uefa site. This is how it's been done for europa league final and also England's allocation.

They had to redo their ballot as they had already sold the 12,000 allocation. 

This way all the ssc will do is just do the ballot then hand it over to uefa to sort. 

Why would they need to have a ballot? 

2 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Absolutely. Also if 50% of the capacity does go to the public then I reckon there could be a fair few at the games having never set foot inside Hampden beforehand, just because they got lucky in the ballot or are able to afford expensive tickets. That also gets on my tits! 👎

Would have thought most of those with the foresight and awareness to have entered the ballot two years ago for any games at Hampden would be football fans based here. Don't see why they should miss out on that chance just because Scotland qualified. 

As mentioned by others and as I understand it, the access codes will be dished out in priority order based on SSC points and taking into consideration those who are eligible but already have secured a ticket direct from UEFA. Let's see how it goes. Sure we will find out soon enough. Essentially the only way to guarantee a ticket would have been to secure from UEFA or go to enough Scotland games in recent years to be close to maximum points. Hampden looks like being those who have been to all home games and a couple of away matches in the last few years to start off with. Likely to come down further if those like me who currently have tickets from UEFA and keep them in the ballot AND also sufficient SSC points to qualify to purchase, can't then apply for SSC allocation as it's one per person. 

Edited by jcluk

39 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Why would they need to have a ballot? 

Effectively some on higher points may not want to go unable to go etc. 

Rather than opening it up every couple of days checking how many have been sold etc one blanket ballot is done with eligible supporters entering then working down in order of points. Till the allocation is sold. All access codes then dished out. Then if any tickets haven't been paid for they have the total once and can then redistribute them. 

I'm on 13 points, missing out on the home matches but enough for England match. To be fair I'm not particularly interested in going to the matches given the expected soulless experience but I find it appalling that we only got 15% of the tickets considering there will be very few 'away' fans. 

2 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Don't understand why our 2 home games have different figures considering the capacity is the same.

Same reason as England, some of the 3% extra tickets that are reserved for the SFA to use have filtered in to the fans allocation.

Just a case of the Croatia game is slightly more popular than the Czech game.