Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

10 minutes ago, The Bunnet said:

Regards price bands.....And if no increase in Hampden crowd....16% works out  approx 2000 tickets.....Cat three.. 1280 @ £50......Cat two..425 @ £125.....Cat one..215 @ £180 ...plus disabled....

For Wembley... Cat three 1970 @ £50.... Cat two  617 @ £125...Cat one 347 @ £180...approx figures from England supporter travel club forum which is more up to date..As they had sold, and had their cancelled their travel club allocation. Reduced to 25%...And the same back and forward regards tickets..Those with most points get first dibs....Cannot blame SFA or UEFA on stadium capacities..I think Scot Gov to cautious and have not even tried test events or anything..Kinda think they treat football fans as second class citizens...The No Beer at Hampden where every other venue will be selling beer.. ( okay maybe plastic beaker of £7 Budwieser..But nice to be given option.

I think it’s probably the drunken idiots that insist on making an arse of themselves that stopped the Scottish government overturning the booze ban. 

I did read a few years back that they were considering allowing alcohol at Hampden for the Euros games but I think they decided against it. Covid would probably have prevented it anyway. Can’t even get a pint inside a pub at the moment. 

Capacity being used at Hampden is 12,000. We are due to get 16% plus an extra 3% due to being a host country. That would equate to 2,280 tickets. Before those tickets reach SSC members the SFA will take a chunk for players friends/family, sponsors etc. 

I really hope a high percentage find their way to genuine supporters!

13 minutes ago, The Bunnet said:

...The No Beer at Hampden where every other venue will be selling beer.. ( okay maybe plastic beaker of £7 Budwieser..But nice to be given option.

I don't think that's accurate. Beer is normally banned from general sale at UEFA games, I thought? None of the venues for euro 2016 were able to sell alcohol within the ground. 

15 minutes ago, The Bunnet said:

Regards price bands.....And if no increase in Hampden crowd....16% works out  approx 2000 tickets.....Cat three.. 1280 @ £50......Cat two..425 @ £125.....Cat one..215 @ £180 ...plus disabled....

For Wembley... Cat three 1970 @ £50.... Cat two  617 @ £125...Cat one 347 @ £180...approx figures from England supporter travel club forum which is more up to date..As they had sold, and had their cancelled their travel club allocation. Reduced to 25%...And the same back and forward regards tickets..Those with most points get first dibs....Cannot blame SFA or UEFA on stadium capacities..I think Scot Gov to cautious and have not even tried test events or anything..Kinda think they treat football fans as second class citizens...The No Beer at Hampden where every other venue will be selling beer.. ( okay maybe plastic beaker of £7 Budwieser..But nice to be given option.

Scottish Governments attitude to football fans in general is appalling. 

Just now, Parklife said:

I don't think that's accurate. Beer is normally banned from general sale at UEFA games, I thought? None of the venues for euro 2016 were able to sell alcohol within the ground. 

I think UEFA have reversed that. I think alcohol was available during the Euro 2020 qualifiers and I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that you can buy beer at Wembley next month. 

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I think UEFA have reversed that. I think alcohol was available during the Euro 2020 qualifiers and I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that you can buy beer at Wembley next month. 

I stand corrected. I didn't know they'd changed it. 

24 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Edited by jailender

21 hours ago, in5omniac said:

Just to note, this doesn't apply to me. But do you think there are people who have tickets through the UEFA ballots but will apply for SSC ones to get their points up?  If the SSC had some way of allocating points to people in that situation for their existing tickets then hopefully that wouldn't happen.

No points being issued for the Euro 2021 ticket purchases, I heard.

2 hours ago, The Bunnet said:

So...

CAT 1     North Stand and South Stand Lower?

CAT 2     South Stand Upper?

CAT 3     East and West Stands?    

I bet anything you like, there will be a site more than a poxy 12,000 allowed into Murrayfield for a glorified friendly between British Lions and Japan on June 26th, a mere 4 days after we’ve played Croatia. I watch with interest how the authorities deal with the egg chasers.

3 minutes ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

I bet anything you like, there will be a site more than a poxy 12,000 allowed into Murrayfield for a glorified friendly between British Lions and Japan on June 26th, a mere 4 days after we’ve played Croatia. I watch with interest how the authorities deal with the egg chasers.

Seriously?!

The British lions are playing at Murrayfield?

How embarrassing. But I suppose it'll be a nice day out for Rangers fans*.

*not that I'm saying that all Rangers fans support the union. Some do.

6 minutes ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

Apparently a “Warm up Match” before they go on tour to South Africa, sold out too, but you don’t hear what their capacity is being restricted to.

Well, the British and Irish Lions are, sensibly, waiting as long as possible for this one-off fixture to arrive before saying “we need a decision on capacity”. Which is different from UEFA’s approach of asking for capacity to be confirmed two+ months ahead of the game. (Which is also understandable given they have a whole tournament to sort out)

Also bear in mind that the capacity of Murrayfield is 15,000 higher than Hampden and with, in my view, more opportunity for social distancing in other areas of the stadium and ground, and with the amenities, food etc actually outdoors, so expect capacities to be a bit higher. 

Guest allyc
51 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Seriously?!

The British lions are playing at Murrayfield?

How embarrassing. But I suppose it'll be a nice day out for Rangers fans*.

*not that I'm saying that all Rangers fans support the union. Some do.

It is the British and Irish lions. The pinnacle for many a home nations player and whom many a passionate Irishman has represented with his heart and soul.

It’s just a shame everyone has to apply football mentality to everything...

Edited by allyc

Just now, allyc said:

It is the British and Irish lions. The pinnacle for many a home nations player and whom many a passionate Irishman has represented with his heart and soul.

It’s just a shame everyone has to apply football mentality everything...

Fair enough.

Fans and players can do as they wish. It's their own prerogative. 

I couldn't support a team that's draped under the banner of the Union Jack. But that's just my personal view. It's nothing to do with football.

10 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Fair enough.

I couldn't support a team that's draped under the banner of the Union Jack. But that's just my personal view. It's nothing to do with football.

They don't play under the Union flag

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Fair enough.

You do know the Irish play for the British and Irish Lions?

Just think of the word British as the Geographical term, not the political term.

Like it or not we all live in the British Isles. Our island is called Great Britain.

I like putting the boot into UJ waving Billy Brits. But you are misguided on this one.

J

2 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Just think of the word British as the Geographical term, not the political term.

Like it or not we all live in the British Isles. Our island is called Great Britain.

I like putting the boot into UJ waving Billy Brits. But you are misguided on this one.

J

I prefer the north-west European archipelago :whistling:

17 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

J

This ^^^^^

38 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

J

I get it.

It's just my personal view.

3 hours ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

I hope they get crowds at the rugby. I hope they get crowds at every sporting event

2 hours ago, jailender said:

They don't play under the Union flag

I can't imagine the Irish lads being too keen to play under a union flag.

Guest allyc
2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Fair enough.

That’s a shame. There are lots of Scottish athletes that compete under the Union Jack at the Olympic Games for example.Andy Murray played Davis cup.Didn’t mean I never supported them.

12 minutes ago, allyc said:

That’s a shame. There are lots of Scottish athletes that compete under the Union Jack at the Olympic Games for example.Andy Murray played Davis cup.Didn’t mean I never supported them.

Yeah, I get it.

It's just a personal thing. :)