Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

8 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

The more I am hearing about how the tickets will be allocated and what the match day experience will be like the less I want to go to the games.  

It does sound pretty grim tbf, but I'll not knock back a ticket if I get one. On 15 points so should have a decent chance

30 minutes ago, Flipping eck said:

It does sound pretty grim tbf, but I'll not knock back a ticket if I get one. On 15 points so should have a decent chance

Same, i'm on 16.

Would be nowhere near as good as the experience with no restrictions etc but no chance i could say no to a ticket. 

31 minutes ago, Flipping eck said:

Yeah I’ll still be trying to get tickets but I’m not exactly excited by the prospect of potentially sitting myself for a couple of hours in Hampden/Wembley before or after kickoff and sitting apart from mates during the actual game itself. 

This should be the biggest thing that’s happened to a Scotland supporter in 2 decades and it just feels like it’s going to be a stressful mess.

Most of it can’t be helped to be fair but UEFA look to be doing everything possible to make it easier for themselves and as usual they don’t appear to give a shit about supporters.

1 hour ago, Flipping eck said:

They told ATAC that it would be done by the end of last week, so surely it won't be a further couple of weeks?

Yeh I do think it'll be sooner however it looks as if most of the refunds have been processed so therefore you would think confirmation emails should have been sent out.

I only referenced 25/05 as this is the date Uefa stated ballots would be completed by. I just wonder if they'll send out a blanket confirmation then to the sucessful ballot ticket holders.

I've lost 3 matches and have 1 remaining so therefore I'd quite like the confirmation email before I look ahead to the match.

I dont really trust Uefa as far as I can throw them 

Torture is the word.

I'm just glad the games are going ahead. Having some fans in is good. If I manage to get a ticket for one or all of the games then that will be a huge bonus. If I don't, then it's no big deal in the overall scheme of things.

Scotland games may not be done fully as yet.

UEFA will run the random ballot per match and per order, therefore you might receive separate email notifications related to the result of the ballot for a specific match and these email notifications might be sent out at different moments. 

The whole ballot process should be finished in the second half of May but not later than 24 May.

1 minute ago, TA Torr said:

I wonder what the Czech and Croatian FA's will be doing with there tickets? 

Also bit of a nightmare if you its 3 x 185 euro tickets. Be plenty of fans that cant afford £450 for the games. 

Surely there will still be some if the Cat 3 tickets left? They will sell out in a flash right enough. 

7 minutes ago, TA Torr said:

Also bit of a nightmare if you its 3 x 185 euro tickets. Be plenty of fans that cant afford £450 for the games. 

Aye price could be a big factor. 

If i was lucky enough to get offered all 4 i don't know if i would take all 3 at that price. Especially given i'd be sat on my tod. 

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Surely there will still be some if the Cat 3 tickets left? They will sell out in a flash right enough. 

Yes,i mentioned that in an earlier post.The cat 3 tickets will sell out before they get down to my points total.Would be a big ask if i was offered 3x 185 euros tickets.Must be plenty of people who couldn't put that sort of money out .It would possibly give people on a lower points total a chance of getting a ticket for one game at least.

29 minutes ago, TA Torr said:

My understanding is they do not expect to see tickets in large numbers, but are aiming to sell direct to UK based Czechs and Croatians.

Pretty much like the criteria that the SFA will be expected to follow, any unsold tickets would be returned to UEFA who would resell them via their ticket portal. 

Slight tangent, but related to potential TA points.

Has anyone noticed a change in the number of people in each points category? When we qualified I checked my points to see likelihood of a Wembley ticket and with 9 points I was ranked ~4,450.

Checking today I see I still have 9 Points, but I am now 5,086.

I can't see any way that the number of points has changed for anyone, so not sure where the additional 600 people with 9 or more points has come from?

In light of everything it is probably irrelevant, but still hopeful....

3 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

Has anyone noticed a change in the number of people in each points category? When we qualified I checked my points to see likelihood of a Wembley ticket and with 9 points I was ranked ~4,450.

I can't see any way that the number of points has changed for anyone, so not sure where the additional 600 people with 9 or more points has come from?

They got loads of people's points totals wrong. Not sure why they can't count up to 32 but this is the SFA we are talking about. ;)

51 minutes ago, wanderer said:

My understanding is they do not expect to see tickets in large numbers, but are aiming to sell direct to UK based Czechs and Croatians.

Pretty much like the criteria that the SFA will be expected to follow, any unsold tickets would be returned to UEFA who would resell them via their ticket portal. 

Would prefer the SSC put in a request to take off UEFAs hands the allocation of any spares by utilising the points system with the relevant access codes.

This would ensure SSC pointers who will miss out the chance of getting tickets.

(It’s what I’m pinning my hopes on).

J

28 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

I’m in the exact same boat. That’s a bugger. Even more difficult for us. 

How difficult is it to run a spreadsheet?

J

20 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

I’m in the exact same boat. That’s a bugger. Even more difficult for us. 

How difficult is it to run a spreadsheet?

J

I know a few TA guys who queeried their points total and the points were increased

There was an error in counting the total for last campaign.

Those that bought a package for all 5 games were only given 1 point,for 1 purchase, instead of 1 point per game.ie 5 points.

A few in our group, including my son were in this position.

I told a few others and they checked and their points were corrected.

Doesn't help you in your ticket quest I know, however at least you know why you dropped down a wee bit.

4 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

I know a few TA guys who queeried their points total and the points were increased

There was an error in counting the total for last campaign.

Those that bought a package for all 5 games were only given 1 point,for 1 purchase, instead of 1 point per game.ie 5 points.

A few in our group, including my son were in this position.

I told a few others and they checked and their points were corrected.

Doesn't help you in your ticket quest I know, however at least you know why you dropped down a wee bit.

Yup. This was the case with me also. 

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Would prefer the SSC put in a request to take off UEFAs hands the allocation of any spares by utilising the points system with the relevant access codes.

This would ensure SSC pointers who will miss out the chance of getting tickets.

(It’s what I’m pinning my hopes on).

J

Unfortunately the moment they do that, you suddenly get others FA's moaning "why do they get more and not us?".... its not the SFA's tournament and the SSC do not distribute the tickets, so UEFA will distribute them as they see fit, which will be through UEFA.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Many tickets they talking about for Hampden/Wembley?

I've lost track. 

2000 for both Hampden games and about 3500 for Wembley.

Should mean everyone on 15 points and above should be fine for Hampden with a ballot on 14 points for any remaining. For Wembley everyone on 12 points and above with a ballot on 11 points. 

1 minute ago, bossman4 said:

2000 for both Hampden games and about 3500 for Wembley.

Should mean everyone on 15 points and above should be fine for Hampden with a ballot on 14 points for any remaining. For Wembley everyone on 12 points and above with a ballot on 11 points. 

Where did you see that? I haven't seen anything official yet.

There was stuff posted a while ago about the percentages being handed out albeit in a full stadium, for FA's, Public sale, corporate etc. SSC are due to get 16%, which going on a 25% capacity is 2080 tickets.

There was a table doing the rounds that detailed it all. 

8 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

There was stuff posted a while ago about the percentages being handed out albeit in a full stadium, for FA's, Public sale, corporate etc. SSC are due to get 16%, which going on a 25% capacity is 2080 tickets.

There was a table doing the rounds that detailed it all. 

Could you no make it 17%, then everybody on 14 points would get a ticket. :lol: Get back to UEFA and do some negotiating.

Regards price bands.....And if no increase in Hampden crowd....16% works out  approx 2000 tickets.....Cat three.. 1280 @ £50......Cat two..425 @ £125.....Cat one..215 @ £180 ...plus disabled....

For Wembley... Cat three 1970 @ £50.... Cat two  617 @ £125...Cat one 347 @ £180...approx figures from England supporter travel club forum which is more up to date..As they had sold, and had their cancelled their travel club allocation. Reduced to 25%...And the same back and forward regards tickets..Those with most points get first dibs....Cannot blame SFA or UEFA on stadium capacities..I think Scot Gov to cautious and have not even tried test events or anything..Kinda think they treat football fans as second class citizens...The No Beer at Hampden where every other venue will be selling beer.. ( okay maybe plastic beaker of £7 Budwieser..But nice to be given option.

Edited by The Bunnet

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Unfortunately the moment they do that, you suddenly get others FA's moaning "why do they get more and not us?".... its not the SFA's tournament and the SSC do not distribute the tickets, so UEFA will distribute them as they see fit, which will be through UEFA.

But this ain’t normal times. Who’s going to be buying them in any public sale anyway? It will be Scotland fans. If you accept that to be true then it there is a ready made organisation who can allocate based on loyalty. 

J