Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

17 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Am I correct in thinking that under 18s are not going to be able to get ticket in SSC sale as well?

think you are correct, SFA give you a code for UEFA portal to access your ticket.

and as UEFA aren't allowing youngsters ,there is no mechanism for them to buy one.

33 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

I thought the same, but I’m in the same position as you so probably biased. 

It wouldn’t have been hard to link up bought tickets to SSC members. Would have likely negated the need for a ballot and would have guaranteed genuine Scotland fans. 

But I’ll need to get over it!

Agreed. 

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

It might be sour grapes on my part, but you’d have thought that SSC members who already had a ticket should’ve been prioritised in the ballot. 

I’ve 10 or 11 points so don’t imagine I’ll get any through SSC. 

Not sure that would be fair. The public sale is exactly that. We didn't buy as members of the SSC. Hopefully the SSC get enough tickets that mean those who go to all the games don't miss the two at Hampden. 

16 minutes ago, jcluk said:

Not sure that would be fair. The public sale is exactly that. We didn't buy as members of the SSC. Hopefully the SSC get enough tickets that mean those who go to all the games don't miss the two at Hampden. 

Totally. What defines a Scotland fan.

Life and other things get in the way sometimes.

I was at Italia 90 and France 98, I've seen us win at Wembley. 

I've stood in the old Hampden in the pishing rain.

I've gone through the last 23 years of shite, getting to games when I can and sucking up the shite Sky coverage when I can't.

It's not been as focused as it once was in my 20s and 30s.

Two years ago I took a punt on a bunch of tickets for games at Hampden that we might or might not have been part of.

Last night we lost every ticket for every game except one. The exception was Scotland v Croatia. Two of the group are in the supporters club, two aren't.

I understand why folk are upset about not getting tickets, but even though some if us can't commit to every Scotland game it doesn't make us less of a supporter.

Edited by Tootiepaws

Apologies if it's been discussed but have the SSC confirmed what they're doing? Will they give top points members all 3 games, or will they do something like say maximum 2 games per member? 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Apologies if it's been discussed but have the SSC confirmed what they're doing? Will they give top points members all 3 games, or will they do something like say maximum 2 games per member? 

Not confirmed yet. 

28 minutes ago, Parklife said:

This is all they have officially said so far. That was last Thursday.

UEFA EURO 2020 TICKET UPDATE

We know how keen many fans are to get their hands on EUROs tickets, however, we are still awaiting confirmation from UEFA regarding ticket allocation and sales dates. Once we have this information, we will communicate these details to all Scotland Supporters Club members as soon as possible.

The sale will be conducted through UEFA's ticketing platform, which eligible members must be registered on in order to to buy a ticket. You can register in advance of any sale below.

Edited by Orraloon

4 hours ago, adamntg said:

It might be sour grapes on my part, but you’d have thought that SSC members who already had a ticket should’ve been prioritised in the ballot. 

Don't think i can agree with that.I havebeen a ssc member since it started in roughly 1980 and applied for tickets in the uefa ballot just like you.Unfortunately,i never got any.So,that meams a random ballot decides who gets them.It would totally make  the point of getting rewarded for attending matches and building up loyalty points worthless.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Don't think i can agree with that.I havebeen a ssc member since it started in roughly 1980 and applied for tickets in the uefa ballot just like you.Unfortunately,i never got any.So,that meams a random ballot decides who gets them.It would totally make  the point of getting rewarded for attending matches and building up loyalty points worthless.

Yeah, you’re probably right.  I’ve been to the last 10 home games (actually I’ve been to about the last 40 - missed Argentina) but probably not gonna be enough. Haven’t given up though. Maybe the Czechs/Croats won’t take theirs, or the government will somehow decide to double the capacity (cannae see it).

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

So,that meams a random ballot decides who gets them.It would totally make  the point of getting rewarded for attending matches and building up loyalty points worthless.

Except people bought and paid these tickets before Scotland even got near a play-off.

They bought them in knowledge that Scotland might not even qualify!

14 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Except people bought and paid these tickets before Scotland even got near a play-off.

I and many others applied at the same time and would have gladly taken a chance on Scotland making it.However,we weren't lucky in the ballot.Nobody who got tickets in the original ballot did anything different from those that didn't.It was just sheer luck.What is the point of a loyalty scheme,if it doesn't reward those that are loyal.There are plenty ahead of me in the points scheme,but if it reaches me and there are still tickets left,i think that's fair enough.To give all the tickets to those that were simply lucky in the ballot and not because of points they might have acquired would feel like a kick in the teeth to those that have put the hours in.No doubt it's a horrible situation to be in.Unfair on a lot of great supporters.

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

I think 15 might get you one through SSC based on points table.

Hopefully capacity gets upped. 

Just to note, this doesn't apply to me. But do you think there are people who have tickets through the UEFA ballots but will apply for SSC ones to get their points up?  If the SSC had some way of allocating points to people in that situation for their existing tickets then hopefully that wouldn't happen.

1 minute ago, in5omniac said:

Just to note, this doesn't apply to me. But do you think there are people who have tickets through the UEFA ballots but will apply for SSC ones to get their points up?  If the SSC had some way of allocating points to people in that situation for their existing tickets then hopefully that wouldn't happen.

You can’t do that. Once you have an allocated UEFA ticket you can’t buy more for the same game (or for any other game on that day). 

Also there will be no points awarded for tournament matches. 

6 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

You can’t do that. Once you have an allocated UEFA ticket you can’t buy more for the same game (or for any other game on that day). 

Also there will be no points awarded for tournament matches. 

Ah cool. Was just curious really

56 minutes ago, thesaint said:

I and many others applied at the same time and would have gladly taken a chance on Scotland making it.However,we weren't lucky in the ballot.Nobody who got tickets in the original ballot did anything different from those that didn't..

It was a lucky ballot for a game that might not have involved Scotland though....

The only reason people arguing over tickets now is because UEFA have sold more tickets than the new post covid-capacity allows.

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

I and many others applied at the same time and would have gladly taken a chance on Scotland making it.However,we weren't lucky in the ballot.Nobody who got tickets in the original ballot did anything different from those that didn't.It was just sheer luck.What is the point of a loyalty scheme,if it doesn't reward those that are loyal.There are plenty ahead of me in the points scheme,but if it reaches me and there are still tickets left,i think that's fair enough.To give all the tickets to those that were simply lucky in the ballot and not because of points they might have acquired would feel like a kick in the teeth to those that have put the hours in.No doubt it's a horrible situation to be in.Unfair on a lot of great supporters.

Not suggesting you or anyone else on here did, but I would imagine a lot applied for tickets knowing that they wouldn't get them though the SFA supporters club.

On the other hand there are plenty on here and around the country that did not apply knowing that half  a dozen home matches would ensure one of the 12.000 or so tickets the SFA would end up with. Not sure if that was the expected figure but it rings a bell.

31 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not suggesting you or anyone else on here did, but I would imagine a lot applied for tickets knowing that they wouldn't get them though the SFA supporters club.

On the other hand there are plenty on here and around the country that did not apply knowing that half  a dozen home matches would ensure one of the 12.000 or so tickets the SFA would end up with. Not sure if that was the expected figure but it rings a bell.

Yip, me too. Didn’t see the need to apply as I had more then enough points BC.

As it is, I am holding out for Croats and Czechs returning tickets and our SSC getting their arse in gear and saying “we will take and allocate to our members” to be in with a chance of a ticket. 

J

8 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Yip, me too. Didn’t see the need to apply as I had more then enough points BC.

As it is, I am holding out for Croats and Czechs returning tickets and our SSC getting their arse in gear and saying “we will take and allocate to our members” to be in with a chance of a ticket. 

J

Eufa being the greedy bastards they are would probably put all returned tickets into their corporate sales so they would make far more money 🤬

18 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

If they make people wait until 25/05 when all ballots are complete for the confirmation email then it can be added to the list of fuck ups.

They told ATAC that it would be done by the end of last week, so surely it won't be a further couple of weeks?