Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

Does anyone with contacts who bought through other associations know what the position is with buying multiple tickets for friends and family via the UEFA website. Obviously everyone will need an account with UEFA but wondering what other tips there are. 

32 minutes ago, albamikey said:

Does anyone with contacts who bought through other associations know what the position is with buying multiple tickets for friends and family via the UEFA website. Obviously everyone will need an account with UEFA but wondering what other tips there are. 

I think the best person to answer that is the SSC

2 hours ago, albamikey said:

I found this on the FA’s website which looks like it’s a step by step guide on how the England supporters club members could buy tickets for their games:

https://www.thefa.com/news/2019/nov/29/euro-applications-291119

It mentions having a lead applicant and having to enter your groups passport numbers etc. I would imagine it will be the same process for us in May. 

With just two months until our opening UEFA EURO 2020 match against Czech Republic, we have had confirmation approximately 12,000 fans will be allowed into Hampden.

UEFA will be issuing an email to all ticket holders shortly to advise on the returns process for those fans who decide not to travel and next steps.

We will be in touch with Scotland Supporters Club members once we have confirmation of potential allocations from UEFA. 

Email from the SSC today. 

Will be interesting to seehow these matches count for the points table.ie last 10 home and away matches. All 3 games are officially away matches .but will SFA count the Hampden matches as "home games" or will in effect these games not be coumted at all since the SFA probs wont have access to data on those who actually got a ticket through UEFA.

15 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

Will be interesting to seehow these matches count for the points table.ie last 10 home and away matches. All 3 games are officially away matches .but will SFA count the Hampden matches as "home games" or will in effect these games not be coumted at all since the SFA probs wont have access to data on those who actually got a ticket through UEFA.

There are no points awarded through the SSC points scheme for attending a major tournament fixture.

Edited by Mushet84

5 hours ago, Mushet84 said:

There are no points awarded through the SSC points scheme for attending a major tournament fixture.

Does it say that in the terms and conditions? I had a quick look but couldn't find it.

Edited by Orraloon

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Does it say that in the terms and conditions? I had a quick look but couldn't find it.

I don't know if it states it in the T&C's but on this post or another on the TAMB someone posted an email from the SFA which stated this.  Also speaking to some old timers they also confirmed this was the case in 96 and previous tournaments.

1 minute ago, Mushet84 said:

I don't know if it states it in the T&C's but on this post or another on the TAMB someone posted an email from the SFA which stated this.  Also speaking to some old timers they also confirmed this was the case in 96 and previous tournaments.

We've never qualified for a tournament since the points system was introduced. They didn't start the points system until after WC98.

53 minutes ago, Mushet84 said:

This was the post.

On 4/12/2021 at 10:36 AM, TA Torr said:

just this minute got this response

Hi,

Many thanks for your email.

I don’t know much about tickets for other games other than our own but it sounds about right if you have purchased a ticket on for the Czech v Croatia game, UEFA wouldn’t allow you to buy one for the England v Scotland match. You can’t be in two places at the one time to go to both games. This would be something to ask UEFA about as it’s their system that will be used and not ours.

As for points, there are no points awarded for major tournaments.

Best Regards,

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I’m not sure if the terms and conditions mention loyalty points for finals matches specifically but they do say loyalty points are only available when tickets are bought directly from the SFA. 

52 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m not sure if the terms and conditions mention loyalty points for finals matches specifically but they do say loyalty points are only available when tickets are bought directly from the SFA. 

Ah right, That probably covers it then. :ok:

They probably just forgot to put anything about qualifying for finals in there because it's so long since we did it. :lol:

Now that the return window is closed, we should hopefully find out what's happening very soon.

Anyone know if there's been any communication from UEFA on how they're doing this? I.e. when they'll run the ballot and when we'll know for sure the SSC allocation. 

I know I could probably find the answer to this myself however.....I got tickets for 2 games through the UEFA public sale.  I've not returned them as want to go to both games (one is ours v the Czechs, the other a 1/4).  With the reduced capacity being decided through a ballot, if I don't get selected I assume the cost of the ticket is refunded?

Edited by Fairbairn

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I know I could probably find the answer to this myself however.....I got tickets for 2 games through the UEFA public sale.  I've not returned them as want to go to both games (one is ours v the Czechs, the other a 1/4).  With the reduced capacity being decided through a ballot, if I don't get selected I assume the cost of the ticket is refunded?

Yes. Automatic refund. I just returned my Poland v Sweden tickets (Dublin) last week before Dublin was stripped. Anyone else who decided to keep their tickets for that match has been refunded too, whether they wanted one or not (game moved to St. Petersburg).