Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2021 UEFA ticket process confirmed

GaryWood34

What if there are more tickets sold than the new agreed capacities? 

Once the ticket return portal is closed, UEFA ticketing will calculate the number of tickets which remain sold per match for all venues. Should there be matches where there are more sold tickets than a reduced new agreed capacity, UEFA ticketing will run a ballot per match, across all ticket categories to decide which tickets remain valid and which tickets will, unfortunately, therefore need to be cancelled. 

For tickets purchased through the Participating National Associations sales program, the rules of the respective fan clubs will apply and further information will be communicated in due course. 

When will I know the outcome of the ticket ballot? 

The results of the ballot will be communicated to ticket buyers via email during May. The email will outline that either your original tickets remain valid or that unfortunately, your original tickets have been cancelled due to the reduction of the stadium capacity. 

Can I lose and keep some tickets for the same match? 

If you have more than one ticket for the same match within the same order, they will either all remain valid or they will all be cancelled. 

If you have tickets for the same match from separate orders, it may be that tickets for that specific match from one order remain valid and tickets for the same match from your other order will be cancelled, as the ballot is run per order, per match. 

Final ticket return window 

Once this ticket return window closes on 22 April 2021, there will not be another opportunity to return your tickets and you will be obliged to comply with all applicable government rules. Therefore, if you are not sure you can attend UEFA EURO 2020™, return your tickets now. 

Also, if you are unable to travel in order to attend UEFA EURO 2020™ due to the current and/or future travel restrictions and/or rules, or if the current and/or future travel restrictions and/or rules will make it difficult for you to attend UEFA EURO 2020™, you should use this final ticket return window to return your tickets and receive a full refund.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/news/0268-11fff5dff16f-4cf8e9e33935-1000--eight-uefa-euro-2020-hosts-confirm-matches-with-spectators/

Tickets for supporters of Hungary, North Macedonia, Scotland and Slovakia

The sale of tickets that have been reserved for the teams (Hungary, North Macedonia, Scotland, Slovakia) that qualified through EURO 2020 play-offs will start in early May.

3 hours ago, jamboman said:

what the realistic cut off points for ssc members to get a ticket or will it be random draws?

Anything above 16 for Hampden and 11 for Wembley SHOULD be ok, and maybe a chance of some 14/15 pointers for Hampden and 10 pointers for Wembley.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Did you need to pre register for the tickets that go on sale in May?

You would be best setting up a UEFA Euro 2020 account on their site.... but at moment nothing.

Imagine in next few weeks SSC will send out a email asking for you to confirm if you will be applying for tickets, then at the start of May they will send out a “code” to people with enough points that you can use of the UEFA Euro 2020 ticket site to purchase your tickets.

41 minutes ago, wanderer said:

You would be best setting up a UEFA Euro 2020 account on their site.... but at moment nothing.

Imagine in next few weeks SSC will send out a email asking for you to confirm if you will be applying for tickets, then at the start of May they will send out a “code” to people with enough points that you can use of the UEFA Euro 2020 ticket site to purchase your tickets.

I’m not 100% sure on this but the tickets that go on sale in May will likely be available via the SFA website in the normal way rather than through the UEFA website. 

I’m pretty sure the England fans could buy tickets directly from the FA when they qualified in 2019. 

Anyone know how many were sold in the public sale held previously? 

Ive got tickets in that but will fall short of the likely points threshold for Hampden games, so trying to work out the likelihood of my tickets being cancelled. 

8 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m not 100% sure on this but the tickets that go on sale in May will likely be available via the SFA website in the normal way rather than through the UEFA website. 

I’m pretty sure the England fans could buy tickets directly from the FA when they qualified in 2019. 

No, from what I am told members with enough points get a access code for the UEFA ticket portal site (I asked friends who are in the English and Welsh version of the SSC and said it was minimal at best their usual route for applying for tickets, with them having to go through the UEFA site).

46 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Ive got tickets in that but will fall short of the likely points threshold for Hampden games, so trying to work out the likelihood of my tickets being cancelled. 

Not 100% sure but think it was 50% of stadium. 

10 hours ago, wanderer said:

It was the same for Oranje Supporters Club - they had to buy tickets via UEFA portal.

We will be the same as everyone else. Their is a part on registration at UEFA ticket portal where you have to put your membership number of any national supporters club. Also payment for tickets is direct to UEFA who will be issuing the tickets with our name on them. So there will be next to no chance UEFA will deviate from this procedure

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

That’s the thing, no-one knows for sure how many tickets UEFA have sold. 
I have tickets from the UEFA ballot too (for me and the laddie) for both Hampden games.

I also have enough points to guarantee SSC tickets but my laddie will be borderline, so do we risk cancelling our UEFA tickets in the hope that his SSC points will be enough, or do we risk NOT cancelling our UEFA tickets but lose them in the ballot anyway? By then though, the SSC window may be closed. Until we know the timings of the windows etc, everything is up in the air.

24 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I have tickets from the UEFA ballot too (for me and the laddie) for both Hampden games.

I also have enough points to guarantee SSC tickets but my laddie will be borderline, so do we risk cancelling our UEFA tickets in the hope that his SSC points will be enough, or do we risk NOT cancelling our UEFA tickets but lose them in the ballot anyway? By then though, the SSC window may be closed. Until we know the timings of the windows etc, everything is up in the air.

As you say it's all about the timings. You would like to think that UEFA would do their cancelling bit before the SSC do their allocation. That would be sensible and there is time to do it that way if they wanted to. 

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

As you say it's all about the timings. You would like to think that UEFA would do their cancelling bit before the SSC do their allocation. That would be sensible and there is time to do it that way if they wanted to. 

With UEFA saying people people have until 22nd of April to voluntary return their tickets, and Scotland fans who are members of the SSC having to wait until "early May" to apply for their tickets, I imagine things should become clearer in those 10 or so days in between. 

Edited by wanderer

2 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Thanks. 

I know a few people who had tickets for the games through the general sale that have already returned them, so if this has happened over the board then it may boost the chances of anyone who still has their tickets to make the games.

The only tickets I have returned are the ones I had for the Croatia v Czech Rep game as I wouldn't be going to that one now anyway.

Hopeful that I'll be able to keep my tickets for at least one of the games.

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

No, from what I am told members with enough points get a access code for the UEFA ticket portal site (I asked friends who are in the English and Welsh version of the SSC and said it was minimal at best their usual route for applying for tickets, with them having to go through the UEFA site).

Interesting. Seems like a bit of a faff when UEFA could just allocate tickets to the FAs and let them sell them directly to members. 

What’s to stop people selling these access codes? Or will the SFA be sharing SSC member details with UEFA? 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Interesting. Seems like a bit of a faff when UEFA could just allocate tickets to the FAs and let them sell them directly to members. 

What’s to stop people selling these access codes? Or will the SFA be sharing SSC member details with UEFA? 

If you set up a UEFA account for buying tickets, there is a bit where you had to fill in with your "association fan club membership number", also you have to fill in your passport number, so assume your access code will match your name and SSC number when you go to buy.

Its basically to clamp down on ticket touts and getting as many real fans to the games as possible. 

Edited by wanderer

So, when the SSC start selling tickets we'll likely be directed to UEFA's website with an access code.

Are we (or were we) supposed to pre-register with UEFA in advance of of 'the SSC sale' ?

Or do we just provide registration details when we make our purchase (in May) ?

3 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

So, when the SSC start selling tickets we'll likely be directed to UEFA's website with an access code.

Are we (or were we) supposed to pre-register with UEFA in advance of of 'the SSC sale' ?

Or do we just provide registration details when we make our purchase (in May) ?

If you are going to purchase any tickets through UEFA you need to set up an account with them.... the reality is the SSC are NOT selling the tickets, they just decide who is eligible on the points system to buy a ticket through UEFA and forward the relivant info to UEFA.

They will probably direct you to the UEFA site, where you will most likely need to set up an account.

No harm in setting one up now, as will just save you time next month.

Edited by wanderer

That's me registered with UEFA. It took a while to find the right place, but it is there.

For any TAMBer also yet to register; click on the link as if you are returning tickets.

Now I think about it, I vaguely remember the SSC recommending we register with UEFA ages ago (even though we were in the SSC). At the time, I didn't realise what they had planned.