Duke of Edinburgh - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Duke of Edinburgh

37 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Celtic fans setting off fireworks during the minutes silence?

Morons gotta moron....

Weird. Even weirder is filming themselves and placing it on social media. I’m not a monarchist. Just scroll past. I will watch the  funeral as it is a historical moment and he has been a key figurehead throughout my 56 years. 

Edited by EddardStark

30 minutes ago, phart said:

I've succesfully managed to not see much about it, this thread notwithstanding. Not criticising as it's certainly a huge event in popular culture.

Calm yersel' Phart. You'e letting the royals off easier than gods 😄

37 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Calm yersel' Phart. You'e letting the royals off easier than gods 😄

I feel sorry for the Queen, regardless of how wild PP was it's a long time and to be with someone and must hurt.

13 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

It's funny, I thought there wasnt going to be a state funeral & are guests not limited still to 30? If anything it should be low key to respect everyone who hasn't been able to attend a funeral in the last year.

Only 30 guests but live on 30 channels. 

Surely puts paid to any suggestion Rangers are "the Queen's XI"? Arranging her husband's funeral to clash with an Old Firm game at Ibrox, she clearly doesn't give a monkey's about them.

Apparently one of the Ranger's insolvency guys from Duff & Phelps revealed during his malicious prosecution case that after being arrested and waiting to be questioned a policeman came into the room and subjected him to a rendition of the Billy Boys. He and the other one have been awarded eye watering damages, as was Charles Green. These fuckers are out of control.

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Apparently one of the Ranger's insolvency guys from Duff & Phelps revealed during his malicious prosecution case that after being arrested and waiting to be questioned a policeman came into the room and subjected him to a rendition of the Billy Boys. He and the other one have been awarded eye watering damages, as was Charles Green. These fuckers are out of control.

The SNP's mismanagement of policing in this country is one of their biggest failures. 

20 hours ago, slasher said:

A few weeks ago Police Scotland facilitated mass disorder across Glasgow. Now they are going to 'investigate' a few teenage neds for 'misuse of fireworks.' 

What an absolute joke of an organisation! 

Yeah, this. It’s an utter farce. Oh, NOW the police are interested in fireworks. Not when it breaks lockdown regulations, inconveniences ordinary folk and causes unnecessary health risk, but when it disrespects a royal. 

On 4/11/2021 at 9:42 AM, scottincarlisle said:

It's funny, I thought there wasnt going to be a state funeral & are guests not limited still to 30? If anything it should be low key to respect everyone who hasn't been able to attend a funeral in the last year.

And how many zoomers lining the funeral entourage route waving butcher's aprons, ignoring social distancing and all other COVID-19 advice. No thanks. 

TV will be in its own lockdown next Saturday - time to dig out my favourite DVD's.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And how many zoomers lining the funeral entourage route waving butcher's aprons, ignoring social distancing and all other COVID-19 advice. No thanks. 

TV will be in its own lockdown next Saturday - time to dig out my favourite DVD's.

It's really easy to avoid the Duke of Edinburgh coverage, especially nowdays

I haven't watched any of it and I've no plans to watch any of it. There's plenty of box sets and films I can watch.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

It's really easy to avoid the Duke of Edinburgh coverage, especially nowdays

I haven't watched any of it and I've no plans to watch any of it. There's plenty of box sets and films I can watch.

Granted.

Its the assumptions I cannot stand. Was it Prince Edward yesterday who said Philip was everyone's favourite Grandad? Eh no. Just no.