Duke of Edinburgh - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Duke of Edinburgh

6 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Understatement. He had a great innings.Ā 

I was chatting to a friend of mine last Sunday and she'd lost her husband a couple of months before hand.Ā  They'd known one another for 62 years.Ā  I'm no royalist and would like tot see the Windsor firm abolished but at a human level must be very difficult for anyone when you've been with someone for so long.

My wife actually called me on my moby when I was driving to work this morning g to tell me.. I was like, "So"....Ā  She was not impressed with my response... She loves the royal family, and the Canadian Prime Minister, who I both hate.Ā  Ā šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁓ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁓ó æ

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

Radio 1,2,3,4,5live & 6music all broadcasting the same for the last 3 hours.

I had to stop listening to the radio, the music was painful.Ā 
Ā 

So I switched to Spotify and this came on second šŸ˜¬

Ā 

3369AF6E-1A95-4318-A792-8630EB40F13B.png

I just read on Twitter that all the live tv news broadcasters changed outfits to black. šŸ¤” Ā I just donā€™t get the connection that folk feel to the royals and the outpouring of joy/grief depending on the events.Ā 
Ā 

Each to their own I guess. I wish them no ill will.Ā 

25 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Steven PressleyĀ hasĀ ruled himself out of theĀ new vacancy for the DukeĀ of Edinburgh

Even now, the dead duke still has more personality than that fucker.Ā 

Today on Channel 4 we broadcast a 30 minute news special shortly after the Duke of Edinburgh's death was announced; an in-depth obituary at 4pm and there'll be an extended @Channel4News at 7. C4 also has a duty to offer an alternative to other channels hence a return to schedule.

Ā 

I've worked 7 days a week since begining of March n 1st w/end off n the telly is gonnae be full of that auld racist beast, sounds about right, I can never catch a break