Belfast - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 hours ago, Newryrep said:

It has close to xxxx all to do with a funeral that took place months ago - it is distraction politics to avoid the elephant in the room when they thought they were getting a hard border on the island ( ahh back to the good oul  days) but ended up with a sea border and a few more forms to fill in ( which I might add the rest of the island has had to adapt because of England’s decision so the rump of loyalism can suck it the xxxx up especially with the influence they had at Westminster 

Hence the exclamation mark.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:40 PM, Dave78 said:

Yes, the majority in the republic would vote for it (all the polling backs this up)

Out of interest, if there was a border poll would there have to be a majority vote for Yes on both sides of the border for it to pass?

On 4/8/2021 at 3:20 PM, Dave78 said:

Some here in Ireland would argue that we should take them, as most of their ancestors emigrated from Scotland in the first place.

That's a bit harsh.  It's a bit like blaming pigs for botulism.

52 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Out of interest, if there was a border poll would there have to be a majority vote for Yes on both sides of the border for it to pass?

Aye. That was the case with the GFA, so no doubt it'd be the same for unification. 

10 hours ago, Lamia said:

If they don't see what is wrong with this on so many levels....

Stop petrol bombing busses as a mark of respect!

_117947351_protests_1.png.jpeg

Because it is just so respectful to the Queen and the Royal Family to be throwing petrol bombs and attacking buses at other times! 

Edited by Hertsscot

6 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Not interested in Ireland.   My country is Scotland.  Same as I wouldn't be interested in Canada.  There will be a lot of Unionist supporters disappointed with our next vote here.  Let Ireland be what it will be.  Nothing to do with us.

Happy Birthday you stranger . Never been to Belfast myself. Would love to visit, and Canada. 

flat land hereabouts. Are you scared of the future RH ? Do you think you UK Unionists will start being violent in Scotland too after the Duke is interred ?  

10 hours ago, Shaundy said:

Happy Birthday you stranger . Never been to Belfast myself. Would love to visit, and Canada. 

flat land hereabouts. Are you scared of the future RH ? Do you think you UK Unionists will start being violent in Scotland too after the Duke is interred ?  

HI stranger.  What meant was that I am not interested in the politics of other countries.  Love to go to Canada, my cousin is over there.  And Ramy!!  Might go there next year.  I don't fear about Scotland's future.  Anyone that doesn't want to stay here after independence can move 👍

• 2 weeks later...

So that's Arlene Foster resigned as DUP leader, forced out for not being staunch enough!

It's rumoured that the final story for some in her party was when she abstained on a Stormont vote - on gay conversion therapy.  :shocked:

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

So that's Arlene Foster resigned as DUP leader, forced out for not being staunch enough!

It's rumoured that the final story for some in her party was when she abstained on a Stormont vote - on gay conversion therapy.  :shocked:

Normally I would be quite happy to say goodbye to her but you don't know who could be replacing her. Same as Johnson, as much as I want to see him gone I'm not looking forward to who the Tories might replace him with.

1 minute ago, Hertsscot said:

Normally I would be quite happy to say goodbye to her but you don't know who could be replacing her. Same as Johnson, as much as I want to see him gone I'm not looking forward to who the Tories might replace him with.

Exactly.  If Arlene is seen as too moderate, fuck alone knows what their idea of a hardliner might look like!  

As for Johnson, I'm certain Gove is behind these latest attacks on him.  Cummings and Gove have worked together before and both of them have both means and motive - Cummings has a score to settle and no doubt has tonnes of dirt on Boris; Gove is married to a journalist and desperately wants Johnson's job.

Gove is an odious, sleekit wee slimeball, even more unlikable than Boris.  I can't see him being as lazy as Boris, to give him some credit, although that isn't particularly difficult.