12,000 of us allowed into hampden - Page 2 - Scotland v Czech Republic - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12,000 of us allowed into hampden

3 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Think our wires are crossed.

My preference is for all tickets to be allocated via the SSC. Cancel the ones sold in the public sale, net off any tickets going to the Czechs or Croats then allocate all spare through the SSC.

What I was saying is they are giving the SSC a reduced %, and a ballot for those who have pre ordered general sale tickets.

There will be low pointers who will luck out in the presale ballot because they bought a ticket a year ago.

My point is there are a lot of SSC supporters with a decent points total who will miss out, who would have got tickets pre COVID and put off even applying for general sale as we knew we would be alright to the them through the usual SSC allocation. (I’m in this camp. Would have walked into all three games with my points).

COVID has holed that idea below the waterline.

J

Understood... and I agree with you.

On 4/16/2021 at 1:27 PM, scottincarlisle said:

The capacity wont increase at Wembley until after group games.

This shows the new points system doesn't really change anything. Attending away games gets you 1 more point per game than a home game. 20pts v 10pts over last 10 games. It gave the home fans a bit of false hope.

It's possible to get 12pts without going to away matches when you renew early and have been a member for a few years. Looking at the numbers that may be enough to have a chance at a ticket for Wembley even with the vastly reduced allocation. 

I had presumed that international travel would not be allowed yet come the Euros and as such any tickets from the 12,000 that would have went to the Croats and Czechs would be available to allocate in some other way, but now, it might well turn out international travel has indeed resumed. 

So long as they use the points system for allocating the tickets we do get for the SSC, I reckon I'll get one, but I'm doubtful any of the other people I usually go with will. So I might be faced wi a dilemma. 

Will being there wi a mask on, distanced from other fans, really be better than in a beer garden, inside a pub or in a house? 

Cannae believe it's even up for question, but that's the reality now. Presume a lot of us are having similar thoughts. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Rents said:

Does anyone else think there may be alcohol served in the stadium for this and the Croatia match?

Nah it’s against the law. Except in hospitality areas of course.

There was talk a couple of years ago of trialling the return of booze to football grounds and using Euro 2020 to test it but it came to nothing.

Will be brutal if you have an early every slot for the games and can’t get a pint. 

15 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Nah it’s against the law. Except in hospitality areas of course.

There was talk a couple of years ago of trialling the return of booze to football grounds and using Euro 2020 to test it but it came to nothing.

Will be brutal if you have an early every slot for the games and can’t get a pint. 

Yeh that is what I was thinking.

In the stadium 2 hours before kick off with no access to bevvy. 

There is a big fenced off area going up around Hampden at the moment, I imagine Alcohol will be permitted outside the stadium in a closed off Fan Zone for those with tickets, but not actually sold inside the stadium.

58 minutes ago, TA Torr said:

Its a great way to get fans into the ground early if we know we can get a pint inside the "fan zone" @ hampden. 

I suspect they will want all those with tickets in the "fan zone" at the stadium in early before the match (for the tv camera's and spending their money) which is probably as close to getting a beer at Hampden as you will get, before you get your slot for entering the actual ground at the turnstiles.

Considering the current restrictions on going to the pub, if there is a fanzone at the ground (even better if you can buy a beer!) then that is ideal to maybe at least get a bit of atmosphere before the game.

I've not seen anything to suggest there will be one though.

22 hours ago, wanderer said:

There is a big fenced off area going up around Hampden at the moment, I imagine Alcohol will be permitted outside the stadium in a closed off Fan Zone for those with tickets, but not actually sold inside the stadium.

My fingers are crossed on alcohol. This matches up with uefa website saying do not bring food and drink as there will be facilities once you get past the barriers. 

3 minutes ago, Rents said:

My fingers are crossed on alcohol. This matches up with uefa website saying do not bring food and drink as there will be facilities once you get past the barriers. 

Mate went to take a look at Hamdpen yesterday and said a large portion of the South East car park was fenced off (but suspects this is the media area) and work about to start on the large area behind the West Stand, which he suspects will be the "fan zone" at the stadium for ticket holders to games.

On 5/27/2021 at 12:06 PM, wanderer said:

Mate went to take a look at Hamdpen yesterday and said a large portion of the South East car park was fenced off (but suspects this is the media area) and work about to start on the large area behind the West Stand, which he suspects will be the "fan zone" at the stadium for ticket holders to games.

Nice one hopefully there is going to be stalls setup.

I am hoping we find out this weekend on the allocated times to be in the stadium. 

On 4/16/2021 at 12:21 PM, DING said:

While I would be ok personally if it went to points, given the limited number of tickets and also appreciative of the fact that to reach the points that will be required needs people to attend a high level of away games ...it would remove kids and people who couldn’t financially travel for games etc 

in the current climate I think a ballot for everyone ( that has been members either prior to qualification or for more than one season) would allow everyone a fair crack. Also if you get a ticket for one game you should be excluded for the ballot for others, spread the attendance amongst folk.

Utter nonsense 

5 hours ago, Bald 11 said:

Getting desperate for a ticket. Thinking about Stubhub, anyone had experience of using them?

Probably the cheapest of all the secondary markets, although it’s still scandalous that these Tossers can sell tickets at that price.

24 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

No problem, thought it would best to let you know 👍🏽

Yip great interaction and will take your words on board next time I feel I want to offer a my opinion - 👍