12,000 of us allowed into hampden - Scotland v Czech Republic - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12,000 of us allowed into hampden

I seriously hope it's done correctly and fairly. I mean absolutely no disrespect to any NHS employee but I hope we don't go down the route of giving them to emergency workers etc - some in here been around the block far too long, spent 1000's and never seen us at a major, if they are to then miss out over some give away or worse to a UEFA/corporate bigwig while it's in our own back yard it will be a sore one. 10000 tickets we were alleged to get in a full Hampden or around 25% of capacity I seriously hope we get 2000 MINIMUM anything less handed out to us by the SFA (top of the points system down) will be a disgrace.

Quick glance at the points table, those on 15+ should be enjoying watching us in Hampden in a few weeks!   

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm really not fussed about getting a ticket and going to a quarter full Hampden. I'd much rather watch it in the house with a few mates than being socially distant in a stadium that I find soulless when half full never mind quarter full. 

18 hours ago, dezmondo said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm really not fussed about getting a ticket and going to a quarter full Hampden. I'd much rather watch it in the house with a few mates than being socially distant in a stadium that I find soulless when half full never mind quarter full. 

Why not? we usually do! 😆

16 minutes ago, rclark95 said:

On what basis are people coming up with this 2,000 number for SSC members for matches at hampden? How's the other 10,000 tickets being allocated then? 

The 12,000 will cover tickets already sold in the UEFA public ballot, tickets to the FAs of the competing countries (including the 2,000 you mention) and corporate sponsors for a start.

Edited by Barney Rubble

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

The 12,000 will cover tickets already sold in the UEFA public ballot, tickets to the FAs of the competing countries (including the 2,000 you mention) and corporate sponsors for a 

I saw a thing saying 2k tickets to scotland & croat/czech fans, 1k to sponsors and 7k on general sale? Surely not in terms of general sale - you'd have a riot on your hand from supporters club and rightly so.

6 minutes ago, rclark95 said:

I saw a thing saying 2k tickets to scotland & croat/czech fans, 1k to sponsors and 7k on general sale? Surely not in terms of general sale - you'd have a riot on your hand from supporters club and rightly so.

Keep in mind that the General sale figures relate to those already sold in the two UEFA ballots held in 2019. IIRC there were already something like 15,000 tickets for each of the Hampden games in those ballots. So it's looking likely that some folks allocated tickets in those ballots will have their money refunded in order to meet the 12,000 quota.

On 4/7/2021 at 7:36 PM, scottincarlisle said:

I'd imagine through the SSC points system, but remember out of that figure away tickets, ones sold by uefa & corporate / sponsors tickets will be taken off. Its reported they'll only be 2000-3000 tickets.

Surely has to be that. The only fair way to reward those who have been to the most games in recent years.

On 4/11/2021 at 3:42 PM, jcluk said:

Surely has to be that. The only fair way to reward those who have been to the most games in recent years.

Annoyingly not how they are going to do it. I agree. As someone who didn’t even apply for tickets as I knew I had enough points.

Now seems unlikely I will get tickets. We have to hope that those who get to keep their public sale tickets are also high pointers.

I suspect not mind. As there will be people like me who held off and those who knew they stand no chance of tickets would have bought tickets. 

J

While I would be ok personally if it went to points, given the limited number of tickets and also appreciative of the fact that to reach the points that will be required needs people to attend a high level of away games ...it would remove kids and people who couldn’t financially travel for games etc 

in the current climate I think a ballot for everyone ( that has been members either prior to qualification or for more than one season) would allow everyone a fair crack. Also if you get a ticket for one game you should be excluded for the ballot for others, spread the attendance amongst folk.

1 hour ago, DING said:

Also to state the obvious I would be disappointed at not getting a ticket if it didn’t fall my way....my preference is for a higher attendance at all games if possible 

The capacity wont increase at Wembley until after group games.

This shows the new points system doesn't really change anything. Attending away games gets you 1 more point per game than a home game. 20pts v 10pts over last 10 games. It gave the home fans a bit of false hope.

18 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

How do you think they are going to do it?

If they abandon the points system, it will be a disgrace.

Think our wires are crossed.

My preference is for all tickets to be allocated via the SSC. Cancel the ones sold in the public sale, net off any tickets going to the Czechs or Croats then allocate all spare through the SSC.

What I was saying is they are giving the SSC a reduced %, and a ballot for those who have pre ordered general sale tickets.

There will be low pointers who will luck out in the presale ballot because they bought a ticket a year ago.

My point is there are a lot of SSC supporters with a decent points total who will miss out, who would have got tickets pre COVID and put off even applying for general sale as we knew we would be alright to the them through the usual SSC allocation. (I’m in this camp. Would have walked into all three games with my points).

COVID has holed that idea below the waterline.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

4 hours ago, DING said:

While I would be ok personally if it went to points, given the limited number of tickets and also appreciative of the fact that to reach the points that will be required needs people to attend a high level of away games ...it would remove kids and people who couldn’t financially travel for games etc 

in the current climate I think a ballot for everyone ( that has been members either prior to qualification or for more than one season) would allow everyone a fair crack. Also if you get a ticket for one game you should be excluded for the ballot for others, spread the attendance amongst folk.

So you are suggesting its fair that those of us that haven't missed a game for X number of years, only get to go to one of the 3 games, becuase folk that haven't been as interested now feel they deserve a ticket as well?

Cheers

2 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Think our wires are crossed.

My preference is for all tickets to be allocated via the SSC. Cancel the ones sold in the public sale, net off any tickets going to the Czechs or Croats then allocate all spare through the SSC.

What I was saying is they are giving the SSC a reduced %, and a ballot for those who have pre ordered general sale tickets.

There will be low pointers who will luck out in the presale ballot because they bought a ticket a year ago.

My point is there are a lot of SSC supporters with a decent points total who will miss out, who would have got tickets pre COVID and put off even applying for general sale as we knew we would be alright to the them through the usual SSC allocation. (I’m in this camp. Would have walked into all three games with my points).

COVID has holed that idea below the waterline.

J

Probably the best way to do it, but its UEFA that have decided, and looks like they are applying all the same %'s to the split of tickets, just obviously based on the new capacities. We were entitled to 16%, and all the suggestions seems to be we are recieving the 16%.... obviously thats just 16% of 12k now instead of the 52. Its uefa's tournament, so well within their rights to chose how they divvy the tournament up. They also have commitments to sponsors, UEFA partners, and fans that they have sold directly to 2 years back.