Jump to content

How will tickets be allocated for Euros


Recommended Posts

I suspect 2k each to Scotland, Croatia and Czech Republic, 1k for sponsors and such, and remaining 7k sold in a public ballot (with any the 3 FA’s do not sell redistributed here).

This will mean tickets purchased having to be cancelled, but would hope that for the public sale tickets that UEFA will allow anyone who purchased tickets so-and-so miles from Hampden have first refusal before doing a full ballot based on existing sales.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I suspect 2k each to Scotland, Croatia and Czech Republic, 1k for sponsors and such, and remaining 7k sold in a public ballot (with any the 3 FA’s do not sell redistributed here).

This will mean tickets purchased having to be cancelled, but would hope that for the public sale tickets that UEFA will allow anyone who purchased tickets so-and-so miles from Hampden have first refusal before doing a full ballot based on existing sales.

Don't see Croatia or czech fans being allowed to travel somehow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Don't see Croatia or czech fans being allowed to travel somehow.

We have to get this idea out of our heads that just because the games are at Hampden that we are the hosts. It’s UEFA’s tournament, and we are one of the qualified teams, and will be treated same as the rest.

Last census showed there was 2,500 Czechs living in Scotland, and apparently there is 10,000 Croatians living in London alone.

That is where their sales will most likely be targeted rather than at home, and as said, any they do not sell go straight back to UEFA to redistribute in the public sale. 

Edited by wanderer
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Be furious If I lose my tickets. Christ, how long have they had my money for :lol: 

I’m in the same boat with tickets for the 3x Hampden games. 

An interesting comparison is Wimbledon. They provided a full refund to ticket holders last year, alongside a commitment to allow ticket holders to re-purchase the exact same tickets for this year. Over the past 6-9 months they’ve issued 2-3 surveys to help inform their decision making for what fans priorities are, do they feel safe, how would they travel, do they want to go if it’s reduced capacity, etc.  Last month they emailed to say that ticketing this year will be handled as a one-off and their commitment to ticket holders from last year will roll on to be fulfilled in 2022. 
 

It’s night and day compared to UEFA! The prospect of having tickets cancelled and also missing out via the SFA allocation wouldn’t half be a kick in the baws! 😂

Edited by AlfieMoon
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked and I'm on 13 points so 2,439 people are either on 13 points or more in the SSC.  I personally hope all tickets Uefa sold (Ex corporate and sponsorship) are refunded back and the SFA allocate the tickets so everyone whom has signed up to the SSC membership are if possible given 1 ticket each for 1 of the 3 games and then any left over should be given to those with the most points to attend 2 possibly 3 games.  If everyone whom wanted a ticket got one for one of the group games and we made to 2nd round then I would revert to the points system.

If done this way I see the Pro's are everyone whom joined up to the SSC membership being rewarded and I would like to think many people would re-join and potentially it would grow again as other would see the benefit.  After such a tough year it would give everyone a lift.  Also it gets as many fans to see the team live as possible.

The down side is that those with the most points potentially losing out on attending all the games they would want to and they have put in the hard time and money to get in that position.  The other downside is those that purchased tickets a via Uefa would not be disappointed after paying 2 years ago. 

There is not 1 situation where everyone is going to be happy and the decision will be unpopular with someone.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mushet84 said:

I just checked and I'm on 13 points so 2,439 people are either on 13 points or more in the SSC.  I personally hope all tickets Uefa sold (Ex corporate and sponsorship) are refunded back and the SFA allocate the tickets so everyone whom has signed up to the SSC membership are if possible given 1 ticket each for 1 of the 3 games and then any left over should be given to those with the most points to attend 2 possibly 3 games.  If everyone whom wanted a ticket got one for one of the group games and we made to 2nd round then I would revert to the points system.

If done this way I see the Pro's are everyone whom joined up to the SSC membership being rewarded and I would like to think many people would re-join and potentially it would grow again as other would see the benefit.  After such a tough year it would give everyone a lift.  Also it gets as many fans to see the team live as possible.

The down side is that those with the most points potentially losing out on attending all the games they would want to and they have put in the hard time and money to get in that position.  The other downside is those that purchased tickets a via Uefa would not be disappointed after paying 2 years ago. 

There is not 1 situation where everyone is going to be happy and the decision will be unpopular with someone.

 

I'm in the SSC and have a good amount of points. 

 

In my opinion I bought these tickets in 2019 when it didnt look likely we would qualify but I put my money where my mouth was and purchased out of blind optimism.

 

I have tickets for all the games and I'd quite like to keep them especially as Uefa have had my money for almost two years. 

 

Entirely agree people are going to be gutted and it's a damned if you do scenario.

Edited by GaryWood34
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GaryWood34 said:

I'm in the SSC and have a good amount of points. 

 

In my opinion I bought these tickets in 2019 when it didnt look likely we would qualify but I put my money where my mouth was and purchased out of blind optimism.

 

I have tickets for all the games and I'd quite like to keep them especially as Uefa have had my money for almost two years. 

 

Entirely agree people are going to be gutted and it's a damned if you do scenario.

Can see where you are coming from.However,I am sure there were plenty of people that would have applied for tickets in the ballot,but didn't get any(myself included).So basically it was just down to luck of the draw.At least going by the points system,it rewards the guys that have done the miles .not the guys who were simply lucky in the draw.Admit it is a difficult decision for the sfa.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Can see where you are coming from.However,I am sure there were plenty of people that would have applied for tickets in the ballot,but didn't get any(myself included).So basically it was just down to luck of the draw.At least going by the points system,it rewards the guys that have done the miles .not the guys who were simply lucky in the draw.Admit it is a difficult decision for the sfa.

Yip. I knew I had enough points for all three games through the SSC if we qualified in a normal world. Didn’t see the point in buying extra.

Now it’s touch and go. I’m on 9 points. Annoyed that I was an away game in Cyprus that I chinned off away from being guaranteed a Wembley brief.

But thems the breaks. 
 

J

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mushet84 said:

I just checked and I'm on 13 points so 2,439 people are either on 13 points or more in the SSC.  I personally hope all tickets Uefa sold (Ex corporate and sponsorship) are refunded back and the SFA allocate the tickets so everyone whom has signed up to the SSC membership are if possible given 1 ticket each for 1 of the 3 games and then any left over should be given to those with the most points to attend 2 possibly 3 games.  If everyone whom wanted a ticket got one for one of the group games and we made to 2nd round then I would revert to the points system.

If done this way I see the Pro's are everyone whom joined up to the SSC membership being rewarded and I would like to think many people would re-join and potentially it would grow again as other would see the benefit.  After such a tough year it would give everyone a lift.  Also it gets as many fans to see the team live as possible.

The down side is that those with the most points potentially losing out on attending all the games they would want to and they have put in the hard time and money to get in that position.  The other downside is those that purchased tickets a via Uefa would not be disappointed after paying 2 years ago. 

There is not 1 situation where everyone is going to be happy and the decision will be unpopular with someone.

 

The issue is there wont be enough tickets accross the three games for everyone in the SSC.

I applied in the original UEFA ballot, was offered but didnt take them as I new I would have enough points (in normal circumstances obviously)

As someone else has mentioned though, we need to get it out our heads this is our home game. For the purpose of the Euros its not our stadium, its technically an away game.

Others may know this for sure but would moving away from the points system not be a change in T&C’s of membership? So changing that system isn’t as simple?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Yes they can. 

Read something about UEFA are starting to refund tickets for over subscribed games given reduced capacities now operating in host cities. Ballot tickets getting squeezed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked the T&C’s myself and have copied the below. SFA can issue in whatever way they or Ian Maxwell see’s fit. 

Home Games (if they view them as that)

38. For Home Matches the Scottish FA reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, not to invite Members to purchase a Ticket or to refuse or restrict applications for multiple Tickets.


39. For Home Matches, Tickets will be issued to applicant Members on the basis as determined by the Chief Executive, in his absolute discretion, and as notified to Members from time to time, and subject to the Ticket Terms and Conditions.


40. The issue of Tickets for all matches is subject to availability. The means of allocation of Tickets shall be determined by the Scottish FA from time to time in its absolute discretion.


41. In the event of an over-subscription of demand for Tickets to attend a Home Match, the Scottish FA will allocate Tickets to Members with the most Loyalty Points (from January 2020). If the number of Members on equal Loyalty Points is more than the number of Tickets remaining, Tickets will be distributed on a “first come, first served” basis by reducing Loyalty Points’ levels until all remaining Tickets are allocated.

Away Games

48. In the event of an over-subscription of demand for Tickets to attend an Away Match, the Scottish FA will allocate Tickets to Members with the most Loyalty Points (from January 2020). If the number of Members on equal Loyalty Points is more than the number of Tickets remaining, Tickets will be distributed on a “first come, first served” basis by reducing Loyalty Points’ levels until all remaining Tickets are allocated.


49. Any person, not being a Member, will not be invited, nor entitled, to apply for a Ticket for an Away match. 
 

50.The Scottish FA reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse an allocation of tickets form any other national football association for Away Matches for any reason including, without limitation, on grounds of safety and security.

51. Tickets will be issued for Away Matches at the absolute discretion of the Scottish FA. The Scottish FA reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, not to invite Members to purchase a Ticket or multiple Tickets or to refuse or restrict applications for Tickets or multiple Tickets for Away Matches.


52. Tickets will be issued to applicant Members for Away Matches on the basis as determined by the Chief Executive in his absolute discretion, and as notified to Members from time to time, subject to the Ticket Terms and Conditions under which the Away Match is being played

 

Edited by bossman4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...